The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Questions booming in my mind

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Questions booming in my mind Empty
PostSubject: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 6:01 pm

All of a sudden, I feel like I have quite a few questions, and that's probably because I'm new to the forum, so I'll list these questions and if it's okay, if I come up with more, put them on this same thread?  And forgive me if these answers are somewhere else, I can't seem to find them.

1.  Do we have to announce if we're going to be gone?  Like I'll be away for a few days next week.
2. Does Photobucket or Imgur have to be used to reupload the stamps?  Can tinypic be used?
3. If we find a signature from somewhere else, can it be used or does it have to be one that was made by someone on the forum?  Does the signature have to be Sailor Moon themed?
4. I saw that switching avatars had to be approved by an administrator. Does that include the create your own avatar that's here on the forum(that's how I did mine) or is it just from the computer/url that is included for that?  I couldn't find an answer for that. 
5.  What are bumpers?

Not a question but something else... fear that I'll make a mistake and get suspended/banned...
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 6:15 pm

Hey there! I'd be happy to answer your questions Smile

1. Typically, if members are going on an LOA, you would post it in the GC Members on LOA thread, detailing how long you would be gone and things like that Smile
2. You can use any sort of hosting website you want, just make sure you host the images ^^
3. Your signature can be anything you like, as long as it fits the requirements mentioned in the Rules and Code of Conduct. 
4. No matter what you want your avatar to be, you must PM the change to Sailor Jupiter. It doesn't matter what you change it to, you have to get it approved. I hope that answers your question Smile
5. Bumpers are small 100 px x 100 px images that can be placed on either side of your signature. For example, the bumpers on my signature are Questions booming in my mind PuellaMagiUsagiMagica_zps64e5ea33 and Questions booming in my mind FebruaryRPGChallengeStamp1_zps21e98e38.  You can get bumpers by participating in forum activities and clubs, or you could request one from the Signature and Avater Requests thread Smile 

I hope that answers your questions! If you have any more, feel free to post them here or send a PM to myself or any of the other moderators/admin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 6:27 pm

For #1, people do come and go and don't post LOAs but it is a nice gesture, especially if you have signed up for an activity on the forums. A good example would be signing up to play Mafia and then disappearing during the game or disappear without notice during an RP event or something.

#2,  you can use tinypic, but if you want to keep it better organized you might want to use imgur or photobucket. Photobucket is annoying and creates ridiculously long links though, its only nice for album organization (I like it over imgur but thats just me).

#3, you don't have to use a signature made by a member here. If its made somewhere else, just make sure the original artist gave consent for it to be used on other sites and its nice to credit them as well.

#4, I actually don't have an answer because I think you might be the first person that has used the create your own avatar function on this forum to use. lol I would have to get back to you on that after asking the other admin. Smile

#5, Bumpers are 100x100 graphics that you can put in your signatures.  Here's an example from Artemis's signature.

Quote :
Questions booming in my mind CJs09cHQuestions booming in my mind HikariDemand Questions booming in my mind 24yre610
Sigs by Roro, Suny, Mercury, Ed, NQS, Diana, Marianne & Goddess Saturn Batgirl's soul sis. Az's bestie. Nao's forum twin Avie by Jupi
I am Ed's  Bunny

The square-ish images on either side of the sig are the bumpers. You can have one on either side or if you have no sig image, you can have five of the 100x100 imgs in your sig. Smile

I hope that was all helpful. xD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 6:27 pm

OOPS. Looks like me and Miss Moon Rose posted around th same time. xD And might be a bit conflicting about the avatar bit.

Edit: The reason WHY I wanted to double check on the make your avatar thing is because it uploads what you create directly to the forum so you can't really PM your creation to Jupiter first.
Back to top Go down
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 6:46 pm

@Small Lady: Thanks! (: That makes sense to double check on the avatar.  It's good to know an answer, especially if other people(besides myself) decide to use the create your own avatar choice!   Agreed with photobucket being annoying with ridiculously long urls.

Edit: A request?  Could I have someone check my signature after I add something in?  (I think it's a bumper, but it looks so much like an avatar, forgive me if I call it that instead!)
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime8th March 2015, 3:20 pm

And let me just make it clear you will never be banned or anything like that for making a mistake. We all do it. Smile Asking questions is the best way to do things. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything! I am glad these very helpful people have answered your questions for you.
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime8th March 2015, 6:32 pm

And go ahead and make your sig, if something is off, one of us will catch it. Smile Also what we call bumpers on here, might actually be called avatars or icons on other sites. We came up with bumpers since they go on the sides of your avatar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions booming in my mind   Questions booming in my mind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions booming in my mind

View previous topic View next topic Back to top