The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

[Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy Empty
PostSubject: [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy   [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 11:07 am

Character Name: Perseus, but often called Percy
Age and Date of Birth: Percy is from the Silver Millennium, and was in the Jovian equivalent of his 20s when he was sent to the present. His true age is over 1,000 years, though most were spent in cryo slumber. Birthday is November 25.

Used Canons:
Anime/Manga

Appearance: Perseus can change his appearance to match any animal, but they are always brown and white, and have the symbol of Jupiter somewhere on them. His usual cat form is a short haired tabby with brown fur, bright green eyes, and white paws. The mark is located on his forehead, like a Mauian's Crescent Moon.

As a human, he has short, curly brown hair and the same green eyes. His skin is heavily tanned, and he wears light Greek styled armor and shoulder pads, made of a combination of bronze and leather strapping. His arms are bare except for his leather gloves and gauntlets. His sandals are also leather. Percy is around 5' 8" and 170 pounds. His modern day clothing, if he's not fighting, would be a simple t shirt and light work out pants with sneakers. He doesn't like to feel restricted by too many layers.
Personality: 
Perseus is often called cocky and insensitive, and to a degree he acts this way. He loves to brag about his accomplishments in the past, even though most of them are probably just myths. He sometimes even forgets to tell his charges things out of sheer laziness, and he's not exactly the world's greatest listener. But no mater how unhelpful he looks, Percy does care about his team. If asked, he'll go out of his way to help them become better senshi, and will even fight alongside them. He thinks of them as his own kids. Percy has a weak spot for girls, or at least the ones who aren't his charges. In a fight, he's quick witted and good at planning attacks on the fly. His goal is to train the Galilean Moon senshi back to their original skill level, and his dream is to one day regain his lost strength and be able to take on his true form again. He likes joking around and doing risky things, but hates it when others are put in danger.

Any Unique Abilities/Skills:
 Perseus was given the power to freely transform into different species, both native to him and aliens frpm other planets, but he focused mostly on animals. He can take an animal's form indefinitely as long as he has the energy to hold it. Some forms take more or less energy depending on size, and his cat form is the one that conserves it the best. He's also trained in the art of swordplay, his skills being higher level than most soldiers. A seasoned swordsman would best him very easily though, and he doesn't rely on it too often. 
History: Perseus was originally a Jovian from the Silver Millennium, the son of a powerful noble family who served directly under the planet's Royalty. He grew up alongside the princess of Jupiter as both a childhood friend and a bodyguard, running around in the woods together and having make believe fights. When she eventually became Sailor Jupiter, she quickly outclassed him in skill an raw power, and Percy felt that he was no longer needed at all. In an attempt to help her friend keep up with her, Jupiter gave him a small portion of her own magic, which manifested as a shape-shifting ability. After that, they were near inseparable again, Perseus backing her up in battles as well as he could. When the Dark Kingdom attacked, Perseus was still on Jupiter. he fought his hardest to guard Castle Io with the Galilean Moon senshi, but it eventually fell and they were overrun with youma. Sailor Io shoved him into an escape capsule and sent him towards the Moon to carry the news of their planet's defeat, but it came too late and the Moon Kingdom had already been destroyed. As an automatic response, his capsule put him into slumber until 1,000 years had passed.

Weak from his long sleep, Percy could no longer take his human form when he woke up on Earth, in Sapporo, Japan. After reorienting himself, he started seeking out the slumbering senshi he could sense nearby. He found Kazaki first, and he tried his best to teach her all of the things she had forgotten, slowly becoming a guardian for her as they fought the reborn youma together. He was never very close to the princess's moon guardians before, but as he located and helped them one by one, he grew closer. Eventually, he realized that Sailor Jupiter had also reincarnated, but understood that she no longer needed his help so much.

Storyline Specific Information:
Outsiders:The Forbidden Love Saga-Percy is the guardian of the Galilean Moon Senshi, and is wary of Amina and Yuuta's relationship, wondering if it will last.

RP Sample: Percy stretched out on Kazaki's bed before curling up again, watching his charge as she worked at her desk. Knowing her, it was probably another music mix, knowing her. Seeing the person he remembered as a powerful general a thousand years ago living the life of an average teenager was surreal at first, but Percy had grown used to it now. He remembered first landing on Earth and awakening again. He had spent much of his time acclimating to the new culture of Earth, but once he had done so, he sensed a familiar energy nearby. When he caught a glimpse of her from an alleyway, he expected to see Sailor Io, not some kid who rode around a motorcycle and wore a leather jacket. But something in his gut told him to trust in her, and so he had left her with the Io Bracelet and retreated to see what she would do.

At first, Kazaki thought it was a piece of Sailor Senshi merchandise, but when she brought it to a local store, they said they had never seen a product like that before. Thankfully, she decided to keep it. For a few weeks, he was content to just watch her, and Percy eventually started following her more closely, for easier observations. Kazaki didn't think much of the stray cat that was so attached to her now, but she get him sleep in the garage, and her parents didn't seem to mind. Percy still sensed a familiar power within her, but Kazaki didn't act very much like a soldier at all. Was it all a fluke? 

It had taken a sudden youma attack to get him to fully understand. A monstrous centaur had broken into her school, and as the rest of the class fled for safety, Kazaki stood her ground and grabbed a fire extinguisher instead. That was when Percy decided to talk to her. He told her how to transform using the bracelet, and seconds later, Sailor Io was fully reborn. With the power of magnetism, the beast was defeated and turned to dust again. Later that day, Percy tried his best to tell her about the Silver Millennium and her destiny. She didn't remember much, but she was willing to help with his mission to collect the other Galilean Moon Senshi. That night, she allowed him into the house and he slept in her actual room. 

"If we're really partners, you shouldn't be sleeping with the cars, right?" she had said. He couldn't argue with that logic. Now and then they clashed in ideals, Percy being less plan oriented than Kazaki, but they made a great team at the end of the day.

Last edited by JupiterThunderCrash on 1st December 2014, 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy   [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy I_icon_minitime27th November 2014, 10:13 pm

This profile is ready for review!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy   [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy I_icon_minitime1st December 2014, 9:39 am

Hello, JTC! I shall be your profile reviewer today!

First question, are you by any chance inspired by Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series? Because you get cool points if so.

Serious first question: "Perseus was given the power to freely transform into different species, but he focused mostly on animals" -> what other species can he change to o.o I mean, I'm guessing human is already his default, so... other than that and animals...?

You described his clothing but since he is now in the modern world, has he adopted any modern style at all or is he insisting on keeping things as they were? If he did adopt a certain style, what would that be?

What's his stance on Makoto? If he used to be her best friend, is he trying to look for her now/doesn't know she's been reborn too? I get the sense that he used to be Jupiter's guardian more than anything, so for him to shift his focus to the Galilean senshi in the modern day confused me a bit, especially because you didn't mention him having close ties with them before (are they all friends?)

Lastly, any particular reason the SSI isn't filled yet? I kinda figured he'd pop in in one of your storylines soon. ^^

Sorry for the load of questions! I hope they don't scare you. I love his intricate background and I just want to make sure it's all clear and streamlined.

Thanks for bearing with me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy   [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy I_icon_minitime1st December 2014, 10:06 am

Actually, it was partially based off Percy Jackson. Perseus is a son of Zeus in Greek mythology, and I was mostly using that reference (for example, the things Percy brags about doing are the great feats that Perseus did in the myths about him), but I shortened it to Percy because of the book. I love them . XD

He can transform into any intelligent species too, including non human looking aliens like Mauians and other species introduced in the Stars arc.

Percy really only takes his human form briefly in really tough fights, so he'd keep his original clothing, but if he was being casual, He'd probably wear shirts that show off his arms, and other workout clothing too.

He shifted from her guardian to more of a back up in case she got in over her head. As a senshi, she became more powerful than him, so he doesn't quite feel the need to protect her anymore. He originally assumed she hadn't been reborn, and then he found the Galilean Moon senshi and focused his efforts on building them up again to protect the city from monster attacks. He was never that close to them in the past, but they're way closer now that Percy has trained them himself. After a while, he did realize that Jupiter was alive, but by that point, he saw himself needed in Sapporo more.

As for the SSI, he is going to play a larger part in Outsiders soon, so I'll mention that.

I'll add this stuff in today. ^^

EDIT: I made the changes in red.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy   [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy I_icon_minitime1st December 2014, 11:10 am

Thank you Mercury for beginning this review for me! [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy 1434556979

It looks like Mercury pinpointed things that I would have asked as well xD I think he sounds awesome. You always have a neat way to twist characters and make their lives so interesting hehe I always enjoy reading a new profile for the Gallilean senshi group you've got going <3

Everything looks to be in order, though I notice you didn't add in any Story Specific Information even though you said you would mention it. However, that is optional and can be added in later at any time it is necessary xD (IE, whenever you've joined an rp with this character)

So just make a note when you want to update the profile with additional information! For now though:

Approved!
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy   [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy I_icon_minitime1st December 2014, 12:38 pm

Ha, sorry about that. I was going to add it too but I guess I forgot to do it as I was editing. It's there now. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy   [Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Advanced] Guardian - Perseus/Percy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top