The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 2:44 pm

This debate/theory is taken from the Sailor V manga. Is Minako Aino/Sailor Venus forever destined to never experience love?

(Taken from Wikipedia and edited) Kaitou Ace was a love interest of Minako's in Codename: Sailor V. He was an idol who appeared after an evil plot to make girls gain weight.His real name is Saijou Ace. He is similar to Tuxedo mask. It is later revealed that he is Danburite, who serves under the Shitennou. In the Silver Millennium, he was Adonis, a lowly foot-soldier posted to Venus. He saw Princess Venus and fell in love with her, but his love was hopeless. He was talented at giving "Love Readings" involving playing cards. In his final death scene against Sailor V he foretells that her love shall forever remain hopeless, dooming her.

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Sailor_v_manga_chapter_15.61

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Sailor_v_manga_chapter_15.62
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 3:09 pm

No, I don't think Venus will ever find true love in the romantic sense. She will forever be bound by duty... but when her duty is to protect the person she loves most, it's not all that bad. Smile She found true love in her friends and fellow senshi, who accept her and love her completely, and in her Princess, whom she is bound to by love and an actual desire to protect as much as she is bound to her by duty.

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Pictur10

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Minaxrei

Relevant to interests: https://galaxycauldron.forumotion.com/t248-not-another-anime-to-manga-comparison

[headcanon]I fully believe that in the Crystal Millennium, she's all about dating just for fun (when she's not doing senshi things ^^), but not expecting the type of love or devotion she gets from her female friends. [/headcanon]
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 5:42 pm

I believe like all the Senshi, Minako is fated to never fall in love. My reason is similar to Kryilah's. Minako, like Rei, Ami and Makato, has sworn her life to Usagi. It is their mission above all else to protect Usagi and to give their lives for her. It would be near impossible for them to fall in love, because that would put them in a direct contradiction to their fate as Usagi's guardians. If Minako or the others found love, they would be torn between saving their romantic interest and Usagi. Finding "true love" would put their mission in jeopardy. Usagi is different than her senshi. It is her mission to protect the universe, the Earth, and all of those she loves. Although she possesses the most most power to fulfill this mission, her strength is magnified and solidified by having Endymion by her side and so she needs him as much as she is completed by having him with her. With both Usagi and Mamoru possessing a Silver and Golden crystal, it is their fate to protect the Earth together. The Senshi are fated to protect Usagi while she caries out her duties and therefore they can not be distracted by having romantic interests of their own. I think the girls themselves realize this as well.

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Mina1
Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Mina2

I am sure that as normal girls (before becoming Senshi to the Queen of Neo Tokyo), they will engage in typical boy-adoration and possibly go on dates but they will never find themselves in any serious relationships. I think this will be because 1. they are fated to devote their lives to Usagi and 2. they know in their hearts that they can not give themselves truly to anyone other than their Princess.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 7:16 pm

^ Yes to Sailor Jupiter ^ =D

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  Nodsno10 ((they should be nodding but they're not for some reason. ... imagine them nodding.))
Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 11:18 pm

They'll just have to be romantically involved with each other. Nothing else is going to work. /headcanon XD
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 2:09 am

Mod Note - editing the title to fit with this forums rules. Remember to put if its a Debate or Theory before it. I'm putting theory since that's what this pretty much is. ^^; Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 3:26 am

I disagree with the idea that the solar senshi are doomed to solitude. They would have to fall in love and get married, like their mothers before them- otherwise, their powers wouldn't be passed on and the royal families of their planets would die off... Even if they for some reason couldn't fall in love, they would still probably end up in some sort of arranged marriage, per the norm for members of ancient noble houses. Rather than them having an obligation to remain single, I would think that they would have more of an obligation NOT to- their powers are genetic, and there would be fewer senshi in the universe if they didn't breed... The previous holders of their powers were also protectors of the original Queen Serenity, weren't they? And they- after becoming mothers of the current senshi- make a cameo in the SuperS flashback to Princess Serenity's birth... To me, the ALWAYS SINGLE!Senshi thing is a fandom trope- it's not canon, and it doesn't make sense for the laws of the SM universe as Naoko writes them...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 10:07 am

It is not my intention to come off as though attacking Starwind. I'd like to be proven wrong, if possible, but this is how I understand things to be. That said...

O.o when has it ever said that the powers pass genetically, or that Queen Serenity had Sailor Guardians like Princess Serenity does? I'm pretty sure it never mentions any family of the other princesses, and the castles on their planets were given to them by Queen Serenity at their birth, so that suggests there wasn't a castle for them on that planet before then. And Princesses Uranus and Neptune were all alone on their planets in the silver millennium, without any family or anything out there... I'm sure they were born and all, but not to sailor soldier parents as a sailor crystal is there from birth and so two, say, Venus sailor crystals cannot exist in the mother at the same time as the daughter.
Princess Serenity inherited Queen Serenity's crystal only through a shady deal QS made with the cauldron guardian, and Lady Serenity (Chibi-Usa)'s "silver crystal" is actually her own sailor crystal, the "pink crystal," not Usagi's silver crystal. Her powers weren't passed genetically, either; Chibi Moon had her very own weapons and attacks.

So, no, I don't think powers pass genetically. I think certain shells are born with Sailor crystals as their star seeds randomly, not through biological birth-lines, and it is their possession of those crystals that make them the 'royalty' of that planet. In this way, Venus, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter might've come from the poorest of citizens on the moon, or the richest of nobles, but their parentage does not define their status.
So they don't have to marry and produce offspring for a future generation of scouts - the galaxy cauldron takes care of their scions. In fact, if they were to have children, the chance that that child was a senshi would be insanely minuscule - all the planets of the Solar system already have guardian senshi (Earth = Chibi Moon) so more wouldn't be required, thus wouldn't be created.
... now, if, say, Venus died and Mars after became pregnant, she could totally be pregnant with the next Sailor Venus. ... I hope I haven't created someone's new fic with that idea. ... How angsty would that be? Or hopeful. One or the other.

BACK ON TOPIC.
To restate my point: It is my belief that sailor crystals are not passed genetically, so the senshi shouldn't have to get married, so they are 'doomed' to a life loving and protecting their princess.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 10:37 am

I always felt that if they died, their star seeds would be reborn as another reincarnation. Just like they were all reborn of their past selves on the moon. However, I think they wouldn't all look the same. It could be real interesting to see future reincarnations of the guardian Senshi. I imagine they could all have similar personalities, but i wonder how different they would be? Totally a bit off topic.

As far as regarding this topic, I always felt that they were all destined to guard their princess, but i feel at a certain time point that maybe they were allowed to marry. Even though the star seeds aren't passed on genetically, possibly there were political reasons to have children. Naoko doesn't ever go into detail about the politics of things, but I'm sure they would need to have heirs and the Guardian senshi would come to have other roles than protecting their princess. Its just interesting to think about.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 11:01 am

I do beleive that Sailor Venus is destined to be bond by duty for her entire life as a senshi. The points that Sailor Venus made are very much points that I truly believe in. While I do beleive she will find love, I do think it will end in tradegy or be short-lived mainly because of the Sailor V manga (as cruel as that may sound). While she may find true love and happiness among friends, if that person isn't bond in a some sense of duty to her, I don't think it will last.

When it comes to starseeds on whether they are genetically passed on or the starseed itself chooses the next candidate to give birth to a "star", I think that both ideas are feasible in the world of Sailor Moon.

While it is tru that Naoko never really went into details about how someone aquires a starseed (with the exception of the Moonline), the main reason why I think starseeds can be passed/choosen is through the short story, "Parellel Sailor MOon". While Naoko has stated that Usagi would only have one child in the cannon story, it does give you the idea that the starseed of a planet could be passed on mainly because we see the children of the Inner Senshi. In turn, they end up assisting Kousagi, as sailor senshi - or at least I think so. Naoko always got me confused with this part of the short story because she named the children of the Inner Senshi after the mothers. XD

So I think there is a possiblity. Plus, when it came to the main story, we really only got to see the past of Princess Serenity and not really much on the other characters other than a glimpse here and a glimpse there. I think Naoko really left this up to the readers on how they think this would happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 11:06 am

Only problem with Parallel Sailor Moon is it was intended to be AU. Naoko could have been breaking the rules she set of her own world and we just don't know it besides it being AU.

I have to admit it though, I do want to see everyone get with someone and have kids. XD
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 11:09 am

That is very true being an AU and the possiblity of breaking her own rules is very high.

I just like the possiblity of it. Gives to many opportunties to write stories and characters based in the Sailor Moon Universe. Hehe ^^ I blame the artist in me ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Ace <3
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime18th October 2011, 11:12 pm

You know, I can really see both sides of this argument/theory/whatever.

If we go by the manga and such, I firmly believe that the Senshi are all solely devoted to their princess/queen/the royal family. So the possibility of them finding love and having little Senshi babies is slim to none. Would they maybe have a fling here or there? Sure. They're still women, and let's face it, women have needs just as men do. But I don't think they'd ever find real, true love in someone. Also, I am a total believer that the Shitennou were meant to be the Inner Senshi's only loves. Of course they had to go to the dark side and die but without them there's again no one in the Senshi's lives. (Granted, I think Neo Queen Serenity could probably take the Ginzuisho and resurrect them but who knows.)

Now, on the other side of that, I think they all could find love. I feel like at somepoint in the Crystal Century, whenever Lady Serenity took to the throne, if the Inners were still alive, I feel they'd be almost relieved of their duties. A new queen would be in power with her own line of Senshi, so there'd be no real need for the orignal Senshi to be around. I could see NQS telling them to give and live out what remained in their lives how they wanted to. Whether they left and found love, who knows. Also, if NQS had the power to bring Earth back from it's frozen/dead state, maybe she could revive the Shitennou after all and everyone would be happy-pappy.

I'm really sorry for broadening my post to the Inner Senshi, rather than just Venus. >.< It was just easier/may have made more sense just referring to them all.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 12:25 am

You know this has got me thinking...so its Usagi here. She wants everyone to be happy, right? I'm sure, knowing her personality, that must be true. So I would think she would have encouraged the girls to go after someone. Seriously. Even in the manga I think. At some point she would have said to all of them "GO FIND YOU SOMEONE" or something. Lol. Maybe. That's a little bit of head cannon right there though.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 6:43 am

Ace <3 wrote:
Also, if NQS had the power to bring Earth back from it's frozen/dead state, maybe she could revive the Shitennou after all and everyone would be happy-pappy.

Very Happy Yeah~ Or maybe Endymion could with the power of his own crystal?

EDIT: brought up in another thread... Neo Queen Serenity totally resurrected the Amazon Quartet from their broken jewels, so why not the Shitennou from their rocks?

And I totally think there'd be flings, but I don't think they'd ever leave for good. They're just too attracted (in the magnetic-pull sense) to Usagi to leave. ... If they did find a long-term lover, he'd just have to move into the crystal castle.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime1st November 2011, 7:44 pm

This has always bugged me the Senshi couldn't find love. I understand that they have a duty to protect their princess and all, but I think it's possible for them to find a true love as well. You can devote your life to more than one life. I agree with you Brit-chan, I'm sure Usgai would tell the girls to find their true love. I mean think about it. In the anime in the first series Usgai didn't kiss Momuro because her friends didn't get a change to kiss the one they fell in love with because they died. So I'm sure she would encourage her friends to chase someone down! lol
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime18th December 2011, 11:10 pm

I believe Minako has made the promise to herself not to fall in love and that she wears the red bow as a constant reminder that there are things more important than love... But I think that only Setsuna and Minako are restricted to being alone for eternity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?    Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Sailor Venus - Destined for Love or Failure?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top