The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime8th April 2016, 12:07 pm

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? Te9tTW2
Original thread: x

So there is this one theory on tumblr, I think it may have originally come from Sailormoonsecrets, but basically it states the reason Venus' and Ceres' hair are the same color as their respective princesses is so they can replace them if anything were to happen. 

Well, Miss Katy had an ask about it with the ask saying it was untrue because Venus and Ceres would be unable to use the crystal. So that got me thinking that that may not necessarily be true either. 

This is what I sent in:

Quote :On the theory of Venus and Ceres taking the princesses' places. Well, there's a couple examples that could at least prove Venus to be true. Not enough is shown of Ceres. These are strictly from the manga, btw. 

Example 1: Venus is a decoy princess and is able to convince everyone that she's the princess, even Luna (granted not all her memories were back). 

Example 2: Venus is able to pull out the sword made ENTIRELY of the Ginzuishou (correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what i gathered from reading the manga) after all the others weren't able to. 

She might not be able to use the actual Maboroshi no Ginzuishou, BUT Venus could certainly take the place of the Princess if needed. Now this doesn't necessarily mean her hair color has anything to do with it. Cause originally Naoko had Serenity with white/silver hair. She always had Minako as a blonde, back when she was doing Sailor V.

Well, I think I'm wrong about the sword being made of the Ginzuishou cause I can't find where its mentioned in the manga while reading the Miss Dream translation. I wonder if it was a mistranslation in the Mixx version cause I seem to remember it was made up of a bit of the Ginzuishou. And I wouldn't be surprised if Mixx messed that up too.

Anyway, Venus' hair was always blonde, even before Naoko started working on Sailor Moon, so I don't think Naoko created Venus with the intention of her being a "replacement" for the Princess. I think it was something she was able to write in later once she finally decided on Usagi's hair color, which changed a few times in early drawings of her.

But this is where we can debate this topic and I've kind of touched some arguments and ideas on it.

Last edited by Henshinyo on 7th May 2016, 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime8th April 2016, 12:20 pm

The sword isn't made from Ginzuishou, no xD

As for the decoy thing, I never thought it was about using the crystal. I think it was just a protection thing. If you see in PGSM, she's just drawing the Dark Kingdom's attention away from Usagi so as not to get the actual princess killed before she awakens. And I also view it for emergency situations for example there's an assassination attempt and Venus could be the decoy to fool them, etc. It's just a misdirection trick to keep the princess safe while she's evacuated elsewhere or whatever. It could very well end up with Venus being killed instead of Serenity/Usagi, but I don't see why she would ever need to use the Silver Crystal. The enemies believed her easily enough just by her declaring herself the princess, possibly because they don't remember 100% what the princess looks like or they both look just alike enough to fool people.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime8th April 2016, 3:13 pm

I've heard of the decoy scenario before, since she is the leader of the senshi to protect the princess-though in terms of reincarnation that might be by coincidence. Why have the same exact hair color you had in the silver millennium? That was an idea brought up from watching PGSM, anyways.

Though to be technical, Sailor V, the manga made before sailor moon, venus already had blond hair. Naoko had originally planned for Usagi to have pink, but was forced to change it. It could have very easily been coincidence, but I like the decoy theory.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 5:27 pm

I'm not sure if its to replace the Princess's but I think it's to like be a decoy, act as a double if the situation ever arises more than anything else. 

Maybe for the manga, it was more of a coincidence. Wasn't Princess Serenity's hair supposed to be Silver in the manga? Though I can't remember if Usagi was supposed o be blonde or not originally.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 10:48 pm

I think Usagi's hair was supposed to be blonde then turns silver when she transforms into Sailor Moon, but I'm not 100% sure.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 5:54 am

I'm just looking back at concept art, Usagi has pink hair:

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? EarlyMoon

which may very well be where Chibiusa gets it from xD While Usagi never ended up in it, it's in her genes Very Happy I'm not sure if Usagi was supposed to have Pink hair as well, or if she was only supposed to have it as Sailor Moon. 

I still remember reading somewhere that Usagi but maybe on Princess Serenity was supposed to have Silver Hair like her mom and the publishers told her to change it to blonde...can't remember if that was for the manga or anime tho. If that's true for Usagi than its simply a coincidence that maybe was capitalized upon in like PGSM being a decoy.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 8:44 am

Pink and silver were early choices for Sailor Moon, yeah. Princess Serenity was always silver. These are all for the manga, btw.

I just wonder why they didn't go with pink though. Cause if they wanted a pop of color (which was the case argued against silver) then pink would have worked as well as blonde.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 8:57 am

It also explains where Chibiusa's hair came from lol Honestly I"m glad they didn't cause I do like the theory of Venus being a double of the Princess. They are of similar body type and height and both have long blonde hair. Plus a lot of main anime characters have a pink theme and I'm so glad SM doesn't xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 9:04 am

True, and their eyes are the same color too. When Usagi lets down her hair she probably looks just like Minako.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime20th April 2016, 3:18 am

Well, all this Senshi stuff started with Sailor V. Usagi was picked for princess and maybe Naoko thought "a princess may need a personal body guard and decoy" so Usagi's hair was changed from pink to blonde. So I'm going to lean towards this hair business being by design. 

For me personally, I've always believed that Minako was meant to pose as a double to fool any enemy to keep her princess safe. To be fair though, if you look closely, Usagi and Minako have different shades of hair Razz Usagi is a darker blonde and Minako is a lighter blonde.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime20th April 2016, 7:20 am

Jupiter Rose wrote:
For me personally, I've always believed that Minako was meant to pose as a double to fool any enemy to keep her princess safe. To be fair though, if you look closely, Usagi and Minako have different shades of hair Razz Usagi is a darker blonde and Minako is a lighter blonde.

I noticed that too lol but honestly, who's really going to be looking that closely at their hair? Bad guys are gonna be like GET THE BLONDE! I SAID THE BLONDE NOT THE BLACK HAIRED GIRL!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime20th April 2016, 7:28 am

...me...I look at shade differences... 

And yeah your point is right - that's why Venus makes a great decoy.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime20th April 2016, 7:32 am

Oh totally I noticed it to lol but for the most part, bad guys are kind of dumb xD
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime29th April 2016, 10:01 am

Well, on a meta-sense, what people often forget was that Sailor V was originally created and Sailor Moon followed, which could explain why both of the main protagonists might share some similar features. And once Sailor Moon was being written, I could believe that initially it wasn't planned for Sailor V to be a decoy, but was adapted that way to fit the SM story.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Do Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus have the same hair color by coincidence, or design?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top