The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime16th December 2012, 12:45 pm

I'm going off the manga just so everyone knows. And I've only gotten to the first chapter of the Dream Arc so if there is more about these 2 in Dream and Stars then I don't know it yet xD

OK

So in the Black Moon arc it is hinted at that Pluto had feelings for King Endymion. It is shown when the King asks Pluto to give Sailor Moon and Co a time key and then ChibiUsa reflects that she had never seen Pluto so happy before.

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 02410 Here King is complimenting Pluto and shes like almost blushing from it.

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 02510 And then we see her kick Sailor Moon and Co out of the time vortex with out even letting them speak. Maybe she was embarrassed?

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 04810 Here we see ChibiUsa thinking to herself that she's never seen Pluto look so happy. It seems to be because of King Endy.

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 02110 Then of course there is this panel when Pluto is dying after stopping time. Shes obviously looking at the King with love and dedication in her eyes and she's admiring his face and suit.

So it's pretty obvious the Pluto has feelings for the King. She admires him and loves to serve him and loves him too.

So after she dies in the Black Moon arc she is reborn in the Infinity Arc. At first shes just a normal college student but then when she is having her energy taken from Tellu's plant she awakens as a Senshi and her, Uranus, and Neptune all truly awaken as senshi with their talismans and such.

So my question is once Pluto awakens as a Senshi and gets her memories back, does she remember her love for the King?
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime16th December 2012, 6:11 pm

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 0481010

I know your question isn't was Sailor Pluto really in love with Endymion but I have to say I Disagree on that. People misinterpert the part when Pluto is happy and blushes to Endymion's request, thinking that Pluto is actually in love or has a crush on him. My interpertation is very different. I see Pluto as being happy because someone besides Chibi-Usa and Serenity has come to visit her, and the fact that she can actually get away from being in the gates and actually helping the other senshi. The part when she blushes is because of the fact that Endymion says, "We're counting on you." In my opinion, the statement makes her feel more important as a senshi, since she is needed to help the senshi.

I'm not trying to tell you or the people who actually believe that Setsuna loves Endymion that they are wrong. In fact, they aren't wrong. It is actually a matter of opinion. Very Happy

As for Pluto being reborn and in love with Endymion I never thought that it was just admiration Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 314519714
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime16th December 2012, 6:15 pm

Unless you're talking about the musicals, where the implications are clear, there's a definite spark between Endymion and Pluto, and Pluto even sings about her unrequited love, its actually a major plotpoint in several shows, though she never says OUTRIGHT "I love Endymion" its incredibly clear she's talking about him. The musicals have often taken ideas that were brought up but not expanded in the manga and anime, so we might regard it as canon. But again, I think if you're talking about only the manga, you are open to your own opinion.

I actually think Pluto does have romantic feelings for Endymion, however, she is perfectly content and indeed proud to merely be by his side and watch from afar, as she said herself, that too is a kind of love.

In any case, I would like to think she continued to love Endymion, afar though, never acting or ever wanting more from him, but happy for him to be loved by Usagi, safe and happy. I don't think we can say much though in the manga because we never had much interaction between them afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime16th December 2012, 6:28 pm

In the Musicals its very obvious Pluto is in love wth Endymion but in the manga there wasn't Real evidence she was. Naoko never mention Pluto having feelings for the King, but I mean like I said before nobody's wrong its left for your interpretation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime17th December 2012, 8:06 am

I guess it doesn't help that I'm a hardcore Pluto and King Endy shipper xD Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 314519714 Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 2570116496 But yeah its up for interpretation from the manga standpoint since it wasn't really elaborated on Sad

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
In any case, I would like to think she continued to love Endymion, afar though, never acting or ever wanting more from him, but happy for him to be loved by Usagi, safe and happy. I don't think we can say much though in the manga because we never had much interaction between them afterwards.

^------ Agreed. *nods* Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 314519714
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime17th December 2012, 8:12 am

I love Setsuna/Endymion, and I do believe she loves him although ONLY King Endymion (from Crystal Tokyo). I think she would continue to love him, but I agree that she would never try to get in the way of Usagi and Mamoru's happiness. I also agree that she is happy to be able to see the two of them happy together, because she absolutely adores Usagi as well.

This is one of the reasons why Pluto is the best and my first favorite character in this series. She is always in the background, often alone and watching from afar, but she's NOT bitter about it. finds happiness where she can, and loves unconditionally despite the life she has had to live.

And I think that takes an incredibly strong person to do that.

Gah I love her Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 4033448464 Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 314519714
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime17th December 2012, 10:10 am

Me too! Very Happy Shes my fav for all those same reasons <333333 Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? 314519714 *nods*
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime19th December 2012, 9:04 am

Manga speaking, I feel that Pluto did have special affections for King Endymion. I think because of her respect and understanding of her role, she did not want to take him for herself but I do believe that she loved him, knowing still that he would always love Neo Queen Serenity.

That being said, now the question about whether of not the newborn Setsuna loved Mamoru/Endymion. I never get any inclinations that she does. More so, Naoko Takeuchi plays on the interactions between Mamoru and Michiru, if anything (not that I believe there is anything between them. I simply mean that there is never any focus on Setsuna and Mamoru).

My theory for Setsuna not being interested in Mamoru is that I feel that the Sailor Pluto we meet at the Door is like the equivalent to Princess Serenity in the Moon Kingdom. Usagi is reborn from Princess Serenity, so their personalities are unique to each other, although similar in other ways. I believe that Setsuna is literally "reborn" in the same way, she just never died like everyone else during the Silver Millennium, so her rebirth came centuries later (and then back in time, which is just bizarre to even think about). Still, this is why she does not feel the same affections for Mamoru as she did for King Endymion.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime22nd December 2012, 12:31 am

Hmm when I rereading Pluto's return in Infinity last night, I got the impression that though she is reborn she still has her memories of before. What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime23rd December 2012, 11:02 am

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Hmm when I rereading Pluto's return in Infinity last night, I got the impression that though she is reborn she still has her memories of before. What does everyone else think?

Do you mean before she reawakens as a senshi? Or after? xD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime26th December 2012, 5:17 pm

I don't think it makes much difference since we see her for about three scenes in between that...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Shayera-Elektra
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime14th November 2013, 6:48 am

I hope it's not aganist the rules revive old threads *hides under bed*

There is new info about the subject, so here it goes:
Well, there was a recent release of series of "punches" at the few acts of the manga. In one of them where Takeuchi-sensei speaks about Sailor Pluto. She explains why Pluto have a darker skin tone (I didn't like it!!!! -_- ) and clearly says that she meant Pluto to have an unriquited love for Endymion, but she ended up giving up of the idea. She even says that Pluto was kinda of adultress. Razz
So, everyone who had the impression that Pluto has something for King Endymion at manga, is right! 

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? Photo.php?fbid=575251922541440&set=a.567884193278213.1073741873

You can see all the punch here. Smile

So, yes she did have a love for King Endymion. But it's for King Endymion, not for Mamoru nor Prince Endymion, but for his future form. And since she is at the 20th century and far from the object of her crush...
And as far as an unrequited love goes, it's unrequited, Pluto is a strong person and she is quite aware that King Endymion would not love her in the same way, since he is in love for Serenity, as he was in the past and always will be. At Silver Milennium she was stuck at the edge of our Solar System, a far from everyone. When the Moon Kingdom fell and Saturn down her glaive destroying all her and killing the Uranus, Neptune and herself, making them re-incarnate at the 20th century Tokyo, it's unclear if Pluto also died. Seems like she didn't, but go locked at the Corridor of Eternity, guarding her post by the Gate of Time, till the 30th century, where there was a door at Crystal Palace in which the Royal Family could see her and then we have all the events of Black Moon arc.
Her forbidden love from Endymion comes that well...there wasn't many options for her in milleniuns! King Endymion was the only man she had contact with, and he is a thing! Why wouldn't she fall in love.
But as far as went at the manga by now, seems like this love stayed at her past life.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime19th November 2013, 12:36 am

Pluto had too little interaction with the Crystal Tokyo royalty after her rebirth to be said to have, for sure, still a crush on Endimyon. Otherwise, i think she would have made it kind of clear when she saw Mamoru. You would have had an emotional panel such as "I'm glad to see you again... My Prince / King / Tuxedo Kamen"
Chibiusa did comment that "this Pluto wasn't really the Pluto she knew".

I absolutely love the popular "Pluto is just the incarnation of a goddess and Setsuna is just her avatar" theory, so my guess is that Neo Queen Serenity didn't resurect her, but just "allowed her to manifest herself once more". But this Pluto only has vague memories of what happened with Black Moon.
Or it could be that she forbid it to herself and erased the though from her memories when Neo Queen Serenity brought her back to life.

Pluto most likely has many incarnations. You saw how she didn't react when she saw Small Lady in Crystal Tokyo during Sailor Stars? and also that she was wearing her Super Fuku despite having already underwent the Eternal Power-Up? That's because this Pluto was a different incarnation of the goddess Pluto. This whole "Daughter of Chronos" business makes it even more clear that her powers are much more powerful than those of the other Sailor Senshis.
Back to top Go down
EndlessDaylight
Pyramidal Crystal

EndlessDaylight

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime24th November 2013, 10:15 pm

With Pluto, I think that she wouldn't forget her feelings,  she is the senshi of time, so when she got her memory back after her rebirth I would think she would have recalled everything from the beginning of her guarding the time door for centuries, otherwise how would she know who she was and how important her mission was without all of her memories?

her love for the king must have lasted for a very very long time, those types of feelings dont just get washed away
I think that Pluto does love Endymion in a romantic way, but I also think that she has a great love for the queen and Chibiusa too, and would never act on her feelings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?   Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Did Pluto still love King Endy after her rebirth?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top