The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" Empty
PostSubject: Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter"   Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" I_icon_minitime25th January 2014, 9:17 pm

I thought it would be fun to have a discussion thread after every stream we have! So this week, we can discuss the musical we watched, 1993 Summer Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon - Spin Off - The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter.

So here are some questions to start us off (you don't have to answer them all):

What did you like about this musical?
What didn't you like?
Was there anything that confused you or you had questions about?
What is your favorite moment/song/scene of the musical?
What did you think of the subtitles and translations? If you've seen Dark Kingdom with another translation, please feel free to compare it?
Are you interested in future musicals?

And yeah, just some basic discussion. So go!

(Also fangirling and general "omgilovedit" is fine too. images and gifs welcome!)
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter"   Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" I_icon_minitime26th January 2014, 8:27 am

This is the very first musical ever made and you can see that a bit, how they're still a bit inexperienced.

I liked pretty much everything, with the exception that Yuuta was Kunzite and not Mamoru, but that's just a casting problem. LOL

The actors were all very convincing!

The subtitles were great. As for the translations, I can't say much 'cause I don't speak Japanese.

And I'm definitely interested in future musicals LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter"   Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" I_icon_minitime26th January 2014, 11:20 am

I think considering the main girls were all first timers in this, they did a really good job. Sometimes Anza tends to over act (She does this in most of her musicals) but i think that also is partly on what the director wants as well.

All in all, the story isn't the strongest (its stuff we already know storywise only cause this is a sequel with Beryl being born AGAIN (for the 2nd time), but I always felt it was fairly solid and a good start for a kids musical show.

I always wondered why Mamoru was on a cross towards the end though. Only thing I can think is to echo the anime finale when they fight the DD Girls (which appear in this musical too).
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter"   Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" I_icon_minitime28th January 2014, 12:12 pm

I've been making some gifs too! Only made three so far.

Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" Tumblr_n01qreJFOv1qg5162o2_400
Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" Tumblr_n01qreJFOv1qg5162o1_400
Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" Tumblr_n01qreJFOv1qg5162o3_400

I want to do a gif set of "Onna no ko..." (i can never remmeber hte rest of the song's name...). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter"   Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Livestream Recap: 1993 Musical "The Dark Kingdom Resurrection Chapter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top