The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Dark Kingdom Vagueness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SailorBeau
Star Seed

SailorBeau

Star Seed

Dark Kingdom Vagueness Empty
PostSubject: Dark Kingdom Vagueness   Dark Kingdom Vagueness I_icon_minitime10th September 2015, 2:13 pm

Hey all!

This is my first post ever. If this has already been discussed elsewhere, please redirect me!

The first season of the original anime, Classic, has always been my favorite. I love how the characters develop and how you never feel that the Sailor Senshi are completely invincible. The Dark Kingdom had some of my favorite villains. I love how the Youma have a sense of individualism, and while they always are acting under direct orders, they all seemed to have their own personalities. 

That being said, I feel as though there is a certain lack of specific details about the Dark Kingdom. This is probably because toward the end of the season, we (the audience) are flooded with backstory and flashbacks that, while I deeply enjoy the backstory, leaves me unfulfilled. Some specific questions I have are:

- How was the seal of the Silver Crystal on the Dark Kingdom broken, especially if Queen Metalia is so weak?

- How long ago was the seal broken? Did it recently occur? Is that concurrent with Luna and Artemis also awakening?

- Is their base location (D Point, North Pole) where they were originally based back in the Silver Millennium?

- What exactly are we looking at here:
 Dark Kingdom Vagueness Latest?cb=20130812014504
I know that it's what we're shown when we are transitioning to a scene at the Dark Kingdom, but what is it exactly? A Wide Shot of the entire lair? 

I have a lot of my own ideas that have been stewing in my head since I first saw the series at age 4.

I'm a big fan of the villains of the entire series, so I may pose some more questions on various enemies as they occur to me. 

Please let me know any of your thoughts and anything you may have felt was lacking specific detail. I'm very curious!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Dark Kingdom Vagueness   Dark Kingdom Vagueness I_icon_minitime10th September 2015, 3:20 pm

I think it might be more of the entrance, and and each part that just happens to look like a skull is a different room, though I never thought of D point being the same spot they used during the silver millennium! I've got a new headcannon now, thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Dark Kingdom Vagueness   Dark Kingdom Vagueness I_icon_minitime10th September 2015, 6:32 pm

SailorBeau wrote:
- How was the seal of the Silver Crystal on the Dark Kingdom broken, especially if Queen Metalia is so weak?

Well, it's never actually stated in the anime but I guess we can maybe take from what manga canon with this. In the manga, Beryl, who has been reborn and is a human and whom we can assume is some kind of researcher maybe? or archaeologist? (Its not specifically stated either) finds the Dark Kingdom's remains and claims to have awakened Metallia. I guess its safe to say that this is most very likely what happens in the anime. However, since its never clearly stated it can be left up to speculation and fan ideas. Smile

Quote :
- How long ago was the seal broken? Did it recently occur? Is that concurrent with Luna and Artemis also awakening?

Since Sailor Venus was around I think at least a year before Luna awakens Sailor Moon, you could say thats about the time the seal may have been broken. It could have been broken earlier than that and it just took Beryl time to build everything up and find the Shitennou. However, there's just nothing that actually states these dates so its all up to speculatin.

Quote :
- Is their base location (D Point, North Pole) where they were originally based back in the Silver Millennium?

That's quite possible! But another thing we don't know for sure. It would make sense to me if that were the case.

Quote :

I know that it's what we're shown when we are transitioning to a scene at the Dark Kingdom, but what is it exactly? A Wide Shot of the entire lair? 

My guess is that its the entrance to the dark kingdom and its meant to be shaped kind of like Metalia's strange unhuman form. In the manga and Crystal, they make it look like a decrepit castle thats seems to be deep under the earth.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Kingdom Vagueness   Dark Kingdom Vagueness I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 6:17 am

Small Lady wrote:

Quote :

My guess is that its the entrance to the dark kingdom and its meant to be shaped kind of like Metalia's strange unhuman form.  In the manga and Crystal, they make it look like a decrepit castle thats seems to be deep under the earth.

I think this may just be the entrance to where Beryl and maybe the majority of the Dark Kingdom reside but I think there's more to the Dark Kingdom, at least in the 90s anime. For example, we see Kunzite and Zoisite being all cozy and romantic in a swampy foresty area and we see Kunzite's castle which seems to be in a separate area from the above:

Dark Kingdom Vagueness Zuk-as03 Dark Kingdom Vagueness Pla-as03
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Kingdom Vagueness   Dark Kingdom Vagueness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Kingdom Vagueness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top