The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
katari
Star Seed

katari

Star Seed

Title : Katari

Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know of 'Saban Moon'? Someone found a script! (Warning: Painful to read.)   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd November 2012, 9:27 am

A video for those not aware-
{This is what could have been. When Sailor Moon was being brought to america, one idea was to recreate it. This was the pilot. Obviously it failed horrible, and thus made way for the DiC sub.}

But yeah, someone found a script of the event! It's so bad...
Here's a link to where the script can be found.

If you look at the bottom, there are even a few cels made for it.

Just wanted to share- its too funny!
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd November 2012, 10:08 am

We already knew about it :B The script and some cels have been leaked a few weeks ago. We already have a thread for it ^^
I personally think this idea of a scenario is good. (The Jewels sounds like Sailor Crystals to me). it could have been a good AU fic, if it wasn't THAT americanized.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd November 2012, 11:34 am

I agree, this thread can be merged with the Saban Moon thread. However, I don't have that power over in this area and I believe this is the area where the mod. has stepped down. And no admin are on at the moment. But perhaps they will be able to merge this when they see it.

She did at least bring something different though, Mayo. She posted a link to the entire script where the link you posted in the other thread did not Razz you just posted the auctioned off link. Not the full script.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd November 2012, 11:37 am

True, excuse me ^^" Though V-babe posted a link with the first page of the script somewhere. So I guess some of us were aware of it :O
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd November 2012, 1:47 pm

Small Lady wrote:

Admin Edit: I changed the title of this thread to make it easier for people to find. PLEASE try to post ALL findings of Saban moon in THIS THREAD. Thank you!
-Small Lady

This is now THE OFFICIAL SABAN MOON THREAD. Please post ALL news regarding the recent Toonmakers script and cels popping up here! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Takoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Takoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Wandering Cat

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th November 2012, 5:35 am

Saben Moon looks like it was going to be hilarious. American-ized Sailor Moon just... doesn't work too well in my opinion. It was nice they tried to make every character super different (different ethnicities, Ami in a wheelchair) but god, the show just looks so... cheesy... in the bad way... xD
Back to top Go down
http://takoto.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th November 2012, 12:05 pm

Well, it seems like they were trying to go a bit more towards what current super hero 90s cartoons were like in that era and earlier years. So shows like X-Men, Spider-Man, She-Ra, etc. I've been enjoying the cels coming out. I have a feeling it may have been an all right show, appealing to both young boys and girls.

I also have a feeling the anime industry here in the west would have been impacted in such a different way. So its like, I'm very curious about the what ifs, but I'm glad they didn't happen as well. ^^
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th November 2012, 1:13 pm

if you want to see some of the cells and what others think too, just read this thread.

http://sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20347

Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th November 2012, 2:58 pm

http://sailormoonnews.com/ has been posting the cels. They are the ones that bought the script and a few of the cels.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Remember When Saban wanted to do Sailor moon..?   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th November 2012, 1:20 am

I somehow or another ended up finding some cel from Toon Makers on the SailorMoon News website

-shows here- http://sailormoonnews.com/2012/11/06/tuxedo-masks-face-and-mercurys-wheel-chair-from-toon-makers-sailor-moon/#more-1013

Aside from seeing 'Darian' for the first time in their version, you see their version of Queen Beryl and something with space Ships.. Mentions the Dark Galleon (Beryl's ship ) and the Galleon (the good guys). I have no idea where this is going in that.

Though it looks like it could've been good if it wasn't based on Sailor Moon.

But! Importantly, you get a close up of the Inner Scouts here. (which I thought was VERY interesting. Mercury's a red head. x3; )

I gotta admit, I'm wondering how they would've done the outers.
Back to top Go down
Takoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Takoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Wandering Cat

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th November 2012, 5:35 am

I'm guessing they didn't plan as far as the Outer Senshi, but it would have been interesting to see what they'd have changed.

Mamoru's design is... I dunno, kinda nice. He has the same hair but a different outfit and a way more MANRY face probably due to the fact it was going to be an American-made cartoon lmfao
Back to top Go down
http://takoto.deviantart.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th November 2012, 5:55 am

Apparently, according to the opening script, Queen Beryl took the Outer scouts' Cosmic jewels first. So.. that's why they don't show up.

Is it bad that I kinda want it to be a straight up cartoon without the LA parts? mean, it's cheesy as all out, but in a weird way..it's rather inclusive. o.o;
Back to top Go down
Kaosu
Star Seed

Kaosu

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 6:34 am

I keep seeing these cels pop up on e-bay..and thank my lucky stars that this was never fully produced.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sailormoonsacrifice.com http://sailormoonsacrifice.tumblr.com http://sailormoonsacrifice.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/kaosustudios
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 7:16 am

actually, I think the pilot epsiode was done but nothing else. (if the script is to be believed.).
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 8:19 am

I am thankful it was never produced because it makes me go wtf? o.O
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:10 am

Hey guys, there is already a thread about this where we've talked about the new cels and stuff. So I'm gunna go ahead and merge this with that thread. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:39 am

I would really love if one day the pilot pops up on teh intarwebs.
Back to top Go down
http://chocolate-maiden.tumblr.com/ http://augustanekochan.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:42 am

Augusta Nekochan wrote:
I would really love if one day the pilot pops up on teh intarwebs.

I know! I'm so curious to see what it was like.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2013, 8:53 am

The worse part for me is once you hear that song it will stay with you, just like all the other catchy themes during that time. I don't even have to watch the video to hear the theme song. Just seeing the name of this thread alone is enough for it to start looping "Sailor! Sailor Moon!" in my head.

It will never leave, it will never leave, it will never leave! *smacks head with hand repeatedly*

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 2:55 pm

Had a feeling there was a Saban Moon thread around here....

I will shamefully admit, knowing my younger self, I would have gone nuts over this show. I LOVED films and TV shows where the characters became cartoon characters, or simply interacted with them. So having that along with a team of girls with super powers taking out bad guys? AND a talking cat? Yeah, I would have been obsessed over this version for sure. Problem would be my path to discovering the wonderful world of Japanese anime would have been quite different. I wonder what they would have done for the later story arcs?

After reading the script, there does seem to be some great ideas there with alot of potential. I'm very surprised they didn't try and rework it to remove the Sailor Moon references and still make a series out of it. Afteral, its already so far removed from the source material its already a completely different show. It wouldn't be the first time a studio couldn't get the rights to something, so they just changed some things, and made it something new. (Example, Bonkers was supposed to be an animated series of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, but Disney couldn't get the rights to the characters.)

I really do hope the pilot surfaces eventually, or a bunch of fans get together and piece together all of animated cells that keep popping up and recreate it that way.
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Toon Makers' Sailor Moon   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 5:25 am

I didn't see a topic about this, so I'm making one! You guys will never believe this. Before the DiC dub was even made, a company called Toon Makers tried to make their own live-action/animated hybrid version of it. Here's the (very low quality) trailer here. The audio is VERY hard to make out due to said low quality and the audience laughing in the background. More info about it can be found here and here.

Spoiler:

It's...completely and horrifyingly hilarious! It looks so freaking bad! I mean, think about it! Mercury being a fiery redheaded party girl? Venus being a stereotypical Beverly Hills valley girl who would get angry if her nails broke? Come on, that just screams terrible characterization! They're riding on sailboards! My goodness! I'm surprised nobody made a really bad parody fan fic on this, and I will if nobody else does it! For what its worth, I'm pretty glad this never saw the light of day, because it might have turned out horrible. Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 3884866259

Let's discuss Toon Makers' failed Sailor Moon pilot here!
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 3:20 pm

I love how they put Mercury in a wheel chair and gave her the complete opposite personality. What gives? xD; I remember reading the pilot script awhile back and it was absolutely horrible. Here is an example (of what I'd assume is a fight-scene) for anybody who doesn't want to click through all of them.
Spoiler:

P.S. If you go on Ebay and search for Sailor Moon cels, you will see some of the Toon Makers ones for sale. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 3:51 pm

Okay, I have never seen the any script. Holy moon turds. This is the most 90s thing I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 4:07 pm

Omigod, I seen the Toon Makers' version intro (the Saban conference) on YT and I said to myself "this has to be the worst cartoon series ever made, but glad it never went on air". Imagine where would Sailor Moon be today, because the anime version we know was among the best animated series of ALL TIME. Sailor Moon is up there with Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, even Bart Simpson, Eric Cartman and Peter Griffin in 21st century pop culture's most recognizable cartoon characters. Toon Makers, you almost ruined it for all of us.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2015, 7:00 am

*sees picture* *eyes begin to burn* I'm really, really glad that we got a dub instead of this... thing. Even if the dub had its problems, it at least was the basic plot of Sailor Moon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
sammywhatammy
Pyramidal Crystal

sammywhatammy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : pink is so punk

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2015, 5:54 pm

AH YES, SABAN MOON. classic hilarity
Back to top Go down
http://ask-chibiusa.tumblr.com http://sammywhatammy.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top