The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ Empty
PostSubject: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 12:08 pm

So, what are your opinions on the trailer for "Saban Moon", the American Sailor Moon that (thankfully) never was? I have to admit, as bad as the dub was sometimes, I'm kinda glad that DiC won that battle...

I can't post a link because I'm a new member, so just look up "Saban Moon" on YouTube if you're interested. ;D

Admin Edit: I changed the title of this thread to make it easier for people to find. PLEASE try to post ALL findings of Saban moon in THIS THREAD. Thank you!
-Small Lady
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 12:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtkVMZA7Qwc&feature=related

*Sweatdrop.* Yes, I remember seeing this. It's really sad how ... pathetic it looks. You may as well toss some standard group of cliches in and call it good for Saban Moon. The -only- thing I even like is the fuku for their version of Moon, but even it could use some work.
Back to top Go down
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 12:32 pm

I thought it was fake the first time I watched it. It seems like Sailor Moon was up for sale and both DiC and Toonmakers were interested in getting the rights. DiC wanted to dub it and censor it and Toonmakers wanted this. The pilot was made but never released. Wait, is that Makoto in a wheelchair? Shocked This is so wrong...
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 12:54 pm

SeleneHime wrote:

*Sweatdrop.* Yes, I remember seeing this. It's really sad how ... pathetic it looks. You may as well toss some standard group of cliches in and call it good for Saban Moon. The -only- thing I even like is the fuku for their version of Moon, but even it could use some work.
Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. C:
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 1:16 pm

No problem, Kya. *Pats.* ^_^
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 2:09 pm

I thought I posted a thread about this, but I guess not. XD

It's so hilarious, though. Sad thing is, if you go to there website, they're PROUD of it!

http://www.toonmakers.com/about.htm

Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 2:12 pm

Dude, I didn't realize they made Dr. Rabbit! Awesome! (Granted, it's not the World Tour, but... It's still Dr. Rabbit!)
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 2:24 pm

I have no words for what I just saw here...... o-o. haha.
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 2:59 pm

Apple Stardust wrote:
Sad thing is, if you go to there website, they're PROUD of it!
I bet Naoko Takeuchi still cries herself to sleep because Saban Moon never saw the light of day. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 3:06 pm

Yes i believe there was another thread for this too so kinda no point in having two. XD
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 3:13 pm

Was there? I'm so sorry, I didn't check! D:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 3:20 pm

I can't seem to find it, but i distinctly remember posting in it before. XD Oh well!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 7:49 pm

Oh, LAWD. I found the lyrics to the corny song somewhere but I don't want to spam them, so here's the link. XD XD

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/nasmoon/liveaction.htm

It's terribad but at the same time hilarious. I remember basically falling out of my chair when I saw it for the first time a couple months ago. XD XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 8:17 pm

The song is so bad but its...its kinda catchy... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 7:18 am

Oh, those lyrics! "She can get dressed up and look so sweet"? Sounds like a Barbie doll commercial...
Back to top Go down
Lady Lucina
Lotus Crystal

Lady Lucina

Lotus Crystal

Title : Advisor to the Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 10:19 am

Oh my god how did I never see this before.
It's awful.

...is that Makoto in a wheelchair?
gtfo toonmakers
gtfo
Back to top Go down
http://bunnyblushies.tumblr.com
Amaranta
Star Seed

Amaranta

Star Seed

Title : Argenteenager

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 12:20 pm

This is awful in the funniest and lamest ways possibles XD

And she's actually wind-freaking-surfing in space, what, why, I can't even...

I'm glad this was never made, who knows what would have happened if it had?

SAILOR! SAILOR MOON!
SAILOR! SAILOR MOON!
Back to top Go down
http://madremarte.tumblr.com
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 2:53 pm

The first time I heard it, all I could make out was "SAILOR!! SAILOR MOOOOOON!" and "16 YEAR OLD GIRL"

I also thought it was kinda funny how they made one of them African American. I mean, I appreciate them trying to add diversity, but I read in an interview that the girl who got the race change was REI, the most Asian of all of them (especially in the manga where she's basically Japan's ideal of how a woman should be). Oh, Saban Moon.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 2:57 pm

I believe it was Ami/Mercury in the wheelchair.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime29th September 2011, 5:10 pm

Haha, I remember seeing this a while ago. Whenever I have a bad day, I watch that clip. It's so pathetic that it's funny! What kills me is that the people in the background were laughing the entire time and that the person who presented the pilot was very embarassed after they screened the show (and rightfully so). XD
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime29th September 2011, 6:26 pm

Make the most Asian one non-Asian.
Make the most athletic one disabled.

MAKES PERFECT SENSE GAIZ. ...not really...

Saban Moon makes the dub look like Shakespeare... XP
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime29th September 2011, 7:31 pm

Alyssa wrote:
Haha, I remember seeing this a while ago. Whenever I have a bad day, I watch that clip. It's so pathetic that it's funny! What kills me is that the people in the background were laughing the entire time and that the person who presented the pilot was very embarassed after they screened the show (and rightfully so). XD

The guy holding the camera murders me every time. He has the BEST laugh and he's just losing it the entire time! XD XD XD

If I were in the audience I think I would have punctured a lung from laughing so much.
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime30th September 2011, 9:32 am

what i just saw should not have been legal...and i thought the dub was bad 0_0
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime9th August 2012, 6:43 pm

i'm not a big supporter of PGSM but when someone bashing the live action series after 1 episode you just need to show them the saban moon-clip ... that changed everything xD
Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime10th August 2012, 12:10 am

haha i showed some of my friends the Saban moon thing. One of my friends isn't huge into sailor moon and we were "haha it would have been kinda hilariously awesome if this had really happened".

Like srsly...i kinda think it would have been, in such a bad way. XD
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime10th August 2012, 12:24 am

Oh dear GOD, DiC was definitely the lesser of the two evils here. I feel like I discovered a kind of appreciation for them and the Sailor Moon we all know and love. I mean, just think if we got that instead of what DiC gave us. At least they didn't redraw it and make....that.

So thank you, DiC, for not letting us down like Toonmakers could have.

And way to highlight the hideous 90s fashion. Wow. XD
Back to top Go down
WeirdRaptor
Star Seed

WeirdRaptor

Star Seed

Title : The Keeper of Stories

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime17th August 2012, 4:39 pm

I'd love to see that pilot just to see how badly they botched it.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime22nd October 2012, 12:40 pm

*sorry for bumping this*
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350626144590 Some cels from it have been sold on ebay. \o/ Do you think they are going to finally show the pilot? i would have loved to see how awesome (...ly bad) that would have been.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime22nd October 2012, 1:00 pm

Wow... do you think they even made it as far as a pilot? I always kinda liked the animation style (reminds me of 80s and early 90s cartoons i grew up watching) and thought if there was not live action at all it may have been cool. xD I dunno. But it seemed like they didn't do much except make stuff for that mock opening. I wish i could see a picture of the cels. :/
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime22nd October 2012, 1:06 pm

OMG How is it possible I never saw this before o_O

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Sailor! Sailor Moon!

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~   Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Saban Moon Thread ~Now with more script and cels!~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top