The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Discussion] La Reconquista

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

[Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 6:47 pm

HEADCANON!

Senshi x Shittenou are okay only for the Dark Kingdom Arc. Then when they die, Rei and Minako are like "how you doin" to each other.

YAY. IT WORKS OUT WONDERFULLY. Thank you Brit.

>.>

<.<
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 6:52 pm

XD Lol that was fast.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 11:01 pm

Okay now time for Marsie to throw in her bit.

I liked it. If I had to set aside my Reinako feels (yeah right), I could totally hop on board with the Senshi x Shittenou pairings in this. Especially Zoicite and Ami. They were just too presh.

Yuuga made a GREAT Mamoru. I felt like she did excellent. The only thing I didn't like was ALL MAMORU AND USAGI DID WAS HUG. Literally they could have faked at least ONE kiss. Sheesh -_-

Also, I liked Venus' performance. She was silly as hell but in serious times, she became serious. That's what's expected of a leader. You can't be goofy all the time.

I do agree with Mako being a little forgotten. I wish she got a little more focus to balance it all out.

Overall, I thought the four senshi did great, actually. And Satomi did an interesting Sailor Moon. She was cute, but she definitely needs to be ironed out if she wants to continue being in musicals. If there's anymore Sailor Moon musicals to come and she's still doing Sailor Moon/Usagi, she definitely needs that ironing.

I liked the Shittenou; especially Zoicite since (s)he had the prime focus, in my opinion. Zoicite was cute and entertaining and just overall well done. However, I won't lie about like their songs... Like Erosion Love? Boy? Regardless, it wasn't very good... Also, I liked Beryl as well.

I will be honest: like only three songs thrilled me. The songs weren't that fantastic. I didn't like "We Are The Pretty Guardians" very much, either. They could have done better. Like, that old classic, La Soldier (not that I'm a super myu goer, but still). Or they could have wrapped up the show with the "introduction" song they did earlier, giving Mercury a part. That would've been fitting. Especially if they didn't want to do La Soldier.

All in all, the musical was like taking a big bite out of a big piece of cheese. Not surprised, lol. But overall, yeah it was rather good. I'd give it an 8/10.

PS -- Queen Serenity was a superstar. She could definitely sing. She, Mamo, Rei, Ami, Mako, Minako, Zoicite, and Beryl were all my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th September 2013, 7:00 am

For some reason in all the musicals, Makoto gets pretty much ignored. It makes me sad but i think its because she's the least relate-able person for most Japanese girls/women.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 12:58 am

Sailor Mars wrote:
Yuuga made a GREAT Mamoru. I felt like she did excellent. The only thing I didn't like was ALL MAMORU AND USAGI DID WAS HUG. Literally they could have faked at least ONE kiss. Sheesh -_-
Especially since we got an Endymion/Beryl kiss (THAT surprised me!)

I just watched the entire thing last night, deciding to ignore my decision to watch all the musicals in order since everyone's talking about this one right now and they're doing the first arc again. I can't review based on musical experience since I've still only seen two previous ones, but I thought it was good. Okay, great, but not spectacular? I still wish they'd done La Soldier. I kind of got the feeling that We Are the Pretty Guardians was supposed to be the new theme (and the melody at some parts even reminded me of La Soldier) but it just isn't as good. I appreciated them doing Moonlight Densetsu at the end though.

I thought Venus was great too. I don't see her being serious, she was playful even in battle - I remember her making some remark about singing in the middle of it.

My favorite part was the Silver Millennium bit! I love that they actually played the whole thing out from start to finish. And seeing the girls in dresses. With SWORDS.

I also loved that they followed the manga so closely from the point of Silver Millennium's fall. I'd only just reread the first arc of the manga all over again, and I'd never seen the double suicide (Serenity's & Sailor Moon's) played out anywhere in any incarnation before, so that was interesting. Personally I've never liked that bit in Usagi's story as I don't think it's very encouraging to young audience so I'm surprised they followed that plot. But it was also amazing seeing the manga literally come to life.

I was a bit bothered by how they kept calling Queen Serenity by just her name without her title, and also because Serenity usually refers to Usagi xD

I personally LOVED Endymion's costume in particular. It's so close to the real thing and it just kind of surprised me by how well done it was made.

I've always secretly loved the Senshi/Shittennou idea so I wish it had been more real. Mercury/Zoisite was cute, but I wish it had been Venus/Kunzite because that's what we saw a glimpse of in the manga and they have so much potential ._.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 2:01 pm

White Moon Lady wrote:

My favorite part was the Silver Millennium bit! I love that they actually played the whole thing out from start to finish. And seeing the girls in dresses. With SWORDS.
SAME. I was like "I APPROVE YES THEY NEED SWORDS!" Plus, it was just overall pretty and gave a pretty vibe.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 2:10 pm

Uuuuugh I want to watch it! But I have only ever seen one Myu (thanks, Tsuki..!) so don't know if unready... ._.
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 3:39 pm

So I've only watched half so far. Its very... meh. I need to watch the second half to give my full review, but don't expect much praising from me. *harsh critic*
Back to top Go down
RemEngel
Star Seed

RemEngel

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 5:20 pm

So I got home about 11pm exhausted last night when I learned it was out and subbed, and the news totally gave me a second wind. I was up until about 1am watching it haha. It should be noted that there might (read:almost definitely) be spoilers coming up. So yeah. Though considering this musical stays rather true to the first arc, I'm not sure if that will really be much of an issue.

Overall, I think it was a cute way to celebrate Sailor Moon's 20th anniversary. With the exception of Queen Serenity and Queen Beryl's performances, none of the musical numbers really wowed me. To be fair I'm really picky with this sort of thing, so take that as you will. That being said I didn't think the rest of them were bad, just... not as good.

I loved how it was closer to the manga as far as the story, and it kept the rather Romeo and Juliet-esque tragedy (which wasn't as apparent in the anime imo). I feel it should said that I am now a shipper of Zoisite and Ami/Mercury because of this musical. Those two were adorable during their scenes together. Also the Silver Millennium scene at the beginning of Act 2 is among my favorites. I never thought I'd see Queen Beryl in battle attire, nor the Senshi in pretty dresses while doing some kick-chibi swordplay. Rem likes. Also seeing Yuuga-Tux passively french Beryl was a surprising sight. Not a big deal, but a bit of a shock when you consider how rare kisses (staged like this, or real like Anza and Yuuta's) were in the previous musicals. Ooh! And the part where the Lemures Hag makes fun of Beryl got a good laugh out of me.

I was overall happy with the cast. I only really had reservations about Queen Serenity's actress (whose name escapes me and I am too lazy to look it up) when I first saw her. I thought she looked too young to play a "motherly" role, but I can say she did a very fine job in the performance. I agree with the previous comment that the actress playing Sailor Moon could use some ironing out, but I think she did a good job. It looked to me like she was really nervous during some parts, especially when performing We Are the Pretty Guardians. My favorite of course was Sakata as Venus. Cute voice, and she plays an adorable/goofy Minako. If there are more musicals after this, it'd be nice if the main cast would return so I can see more of them to get a better opinion (and not because I want to see Yuuga in a tux some more. absolutely not).

I'm already rambling, so I'll end it here. While there are other musicals I definitely liked more, this was quite enjoyable. So... Watch it if you can. Razz
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 9:36 pm

RemEngel wrote:
 If there are more musicals after this, it'd be nice if the main cast would return so I can see more of them to get a better opinion (and not because I want to see Yuuga in a tux some more. absolutely not).
oh I want to see this cast return if we have other Myu's specifically because I want Yuuga in a Tux some more.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 9:53 pm

finished watching and and LOVED IT!!!!    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 4189206859   Zoisite was adorable!!!!!!! i loved how they had a boy band XD   it's one boy band i can get on board with... Very Happy   the Senshi x Shittenou in this was okay.. they played it right... Zoisite seems to be immuned to brain washing.. but sads since he got killed. D:

out of the musicals i seen so far this one i like the best, some of the others got a bit boring after awhile
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th September 2013, 10:08 am

I already watched the RAW, but I need subtitles because I feel like I'm missing a lot of important dialogues O_O so I'm watching the sub tonight. But so far I can say, that it was way better than I expected <3
Back to top Go down
PallasMercury
Lotus Crystal

PallasMercury

Lotus Crystal

Title : Proud Male Moonie

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th September 2013, 10:19 am

Well, This is my first musical and have just finished act 1. So far I'm enjoying it. It takes some adapting due to different actors than PGSM, which I prefer. Despite this it's pretty good and I'm watching act 2 in a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://art-a-licious.weebly.com/ http://pallasmercury.tumblr.com http://pallasmercury.deviantart.com
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th September 2013, 6:32 pm

I got 8 icons of zoi Very Happy i shall make them into a banner and use one of a new avatar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 2:44 am

Is it just me or are the microphones way too obvious in this one? Where are they usually in previous musicals? I don't think I've noticed them in the other ones (to the point where I was actually wondering where they are located) but the ones in La Reconquista are so prominent and distracting.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 5:49 am

I managed to watch an entire Myu all by myself from beginning to end (I know, Brit, you're so proud). I'm just going to get the things I didn't like about it out of the way now so I can end on a good note.

The microphones were pretty distracting at times and they really should have kept how they did the death scenes in the older Myus. Seeing a person obviously dead not even falling down and instead just running off the stage was a serious "WTF" moment that took me out of the scene. And the Shittenou were terrible during their musical number. Huh, that's funny, I suddenly feel weak as if something is draining my energy. Oh well, it's probably nothing.

Queen Beryl gave me chills when I heard her sing for the first time and had the best voice IMO. Mamoru was pretty good too (I think I'm just partial towards deeper voices) and those two stuck out the most to me out of the rest of the cast. Zoi actually sounds good singing solo and the Inners were all decent. Queen Serenity was good too, and, um... I want to marry her. I want to marry her and have her moon babies. *cough*

Everyone looked the part which is a grave shame as some of them couldn't sing that well. Things really pick up in Act 2 and I think the Silver Millennium scene and the Final Battle were the best parts of the musical. Queen Metalia was excellent. And when it was heartbreaking, it was heartbreaking.

Spoiler:

Can't decide how I feel about Usagi's voice. She sounded better in some songs than others. Personality wise I think everyone nailed it.

*collapses from having his energy drained*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
PallasMercury
Lotus Crystal

PallasMercury

Lotus Crystal

Title : Proud Male Moonie

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 1:44 pm

I just finished my first musical. And boy, I loved it! I'd love to watch another but I'm too tired now. I loved all of the actors! They represented their roles perfectly, especially Ami, when it came to being embarrassed and her love life. I do agree with everyone else about Makoto, she is hard to relate to for Asian females, but in all retrospect they were all balanced out equally with lines etc. The actor for Makoto fit her perfectly. I need someone to set me up for a livestream sometime soon for more musicals! [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 335194840 

I sincerely hope that they produce another musical with this cast with the addition of the Outers. Maybe the shittenou could play them? They would fit them perfectly, in my opinion anyway. As others have said the gloves of the senshi, were annoying. They looked so uncomfortable! >.<" They are separate parts. Why not just have the same type of gloves from PGSM? Also the odango covers that Sailor Moon wore were dodgy which was another bad thing. The tuxedo mask was perfect, maybe even perfect for Haruka? But no top hat or masquerade mask. >.>

Well, I need to stop typing. If I were to state the good points there would be too many. I also really enjoyed the songs! *Hits self for continuing to type.*
Back to top Go down
http://art-a-licious.weebly.com/ http://pallasmercury.tumblr.com http://pallasmercury.deviantart.com
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 1:56 pm

Ugh I still need to watch this. I'm SO unsure about the Senshi/Shittenou pairings though. It's not to my taste. Is it a BIG part of it?
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 1:57 pm

Yuuga would make an awesome Haruka. but eh I can't see any of the shittenou as the outers. theres Ari's pickyness on the outers out and about again. if we get outers and more musicalsI would love to see Akiko and Takayo as UraNep again but I would not want to see the shittenou from this one as them I just could not see them as the outers.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 1:58 pm

SenshiRei wrote:
Ugh I still need to watch this. I'm SO unsure about the Senshi/Shittenou pairings though. It's not to my taste. Is it a BIG part of it?
AmiZoi is as big a part of it as UsaMamo and it's adorabl. the other three pairings only last for a short period of time. so not much from the SenshiShittenou pairings in this musical.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 6:03 pm

NaoUranus wrote:
SenshiRei wrote:
AmiZoi is as big a part of it as UsaMamo and it's adorabl. the other three pairings only last for a short period of time. so not much from the SenshiShittenou pairings in this musical.
hey, i even admitted the zoi/Ami in this was okay.  and it was done right, unlike that other play Razz so you know that it was done good then SenshiRei...   XD
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 6:48 pm

Swifty ShittenouSenshi pariing has happened in several musicals usually used as a lets get their guard down before we attack them.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 6:56 pm

NaoUranus wrote:
Swifty ShittenouSenshi pariing has happened in several musicals usually used as a lets get their guard down before we attack them.
the Starlight one where the shittenou was in, was the one that did not do that pairing good. IMO...  mostly since Ami kept rejecting zoi-chan....
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 7:03 pm

yea see I liked that way a bit better than in the newer one by just a bit (than again Imight like most of what happened in that one just because of who was playing Jadeite in Starlights ryusei) it just seemed slightly more beliveable to me.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 8:30 pm

[Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 2my1d8z

apparently  Zoi wants his body to broken down by a kiss. XD 

[Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 1637911638 
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 6:08 pm

just finished la reconquista...loved it so much so good.
I wonder if there will be more from this cast because I saw a pic that said (i cant find the word) but its the one that means the final stage...is there not going to be any more myu?
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 6:10 pm

No this cant be already

[Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 Senshuuraku_p
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 6:17 pm

I am not able to write down a long post about my thoughts on La Reconquista at the moment but I can say that I am pretty much in the same boat with Brit.

Few thoughts: I am not a big fan of Beryl's characterization in this musical as it is more similar to those of the manga and anime, mainly portraying her as an evil character only. However, I think Ami and Zoisite's relationship worked well in this musical. I will get on the details, including dancing and singing, later on when I can write down a more detailed post of my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 7:40 pm

HikariDemand wrote:
just finished la reconquista...loved it so much so good.
I wonder if there will be more from this cast because I saw a pic that said (i cant find the word) but its the one that means the final stage...is there not going to be any more myu?
I think it means it was the last one for La Reconquista.   and i can't be the last one for ever,,   we need another that has this Zoisite in it...  she played him the best out of the other musical i have seen that zoi was in...
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 8:01 pm

well it's not a sure thing that we will have more Myu's but every musical has a senshuraku it's just the last day of that musical. I think this was mainly supposed to be to celebrate the new Anime but I would love to see more Myu's and to see this cast return once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] La Reconquista

View previous topic View next topic Back to top