The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Discussion] La Reconquista

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

[Discussion] La Reconquista  Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 1:13 pm

I thought we should discuss the things we liked and disliked about this new myu. er
For those who have watched the raw version, let's start the discussion.

remember, if you're still waiting for missdream subs, i recommend you not to read the post below, everything discussed here will contain spoilers for the show o.o
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 1:41 pm

getting ready to watch the raw now.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 2:32 pm

SPOILERS ahead o.o

Finished the raw already~
i must say, this was AWESOME! i really, really enjoyed this myu <3!!! i'm so gonna buy the dvd if they release it! i liked most songs, but i gotta say "We are the pretty soldiers" and "La reconquista" are on my top list.

About the cast, even tho i thought the 5 senshi were awesome at the press conference, i gotta say i'm very disappointed with Venus, she's adorable, but "too serious" to be our venus, i didn't like her performance very much :/.

Mercury, Jupiter and Mars were perfect, specially Mercury, Miyabe Matsura turned into Ami and she nailed it!. for some reason i feel the writers forgot about Mako ): she didn't have that much of attention.

About our new moon, Satomimoon, she need vocal training if she wants to continue in this business, she sounded pretty bad on high notes x_x. aside from that, she did an amazing manga-usagi <3

About female doing male roles
I seriously was againts a women doing Mamo-chan, specially Mamo-chan, but Yuuga...won mu heart! she's the second best MAmo-chan after Yuuta, seriously!!...omg! she did AMAHZING! the only thing that bothered me was, when she was Tuxedo Kame, she flipped a lot her cape >_> it gave a feeling of "TuxKame is so fabulous"

I LOVED LOVED LOVED all Mamo/Usa scenes, they were SO CUTE! that's the manga-Mamo-chan we all love <3 and the ball part (~*.*)~

About the Shitennou, well they actually did good too, specially Zoicite <3!!

Beryl...they overdid her make up :/ and also it didn't gave me that feeling i got when i watched the old myu, this beryl wasn't...what i expected...i have mixed feelings actually.

Overall, this myu is excellent, they nailed it, it was a excellent start for future musicals (i hope they do more ^^)
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 2:49 pm

I haven't finished it yet but I just noticed watching the senshi sing this song Jupiter's gloves are two pieces the elbow fittings are a compleatly different piece from the rest of the gloves not so sure I like that.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 3:38 pm

I havent watched the raw myu yet, but have been seeing pics and vids all over tumblr and i want to watch this so bad. I am so excited and love that Queen Serenity is incorporated into this myu not just a silloete.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 4:12 pm

I'm sooooo close to being done gah Yuuga stop makeing me cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 4:23 pm

NaoUranus wrote:
I haven't finished it yet but I just noticed watching the senshi sing this song Jupiter's gloves are two pieces the elbow fittings are a compleatly different piece from the rest of the gloves not so sure I like that.

I think that's wardrobe malfunction o.o ....

a gif =D

[Discussion] La Reconquista  FS2Q50o
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 4:31 pm

I don't know because it's the same with Venus's gloves in this scene I'm on now. I'm not sure about mercury or mars but Venus's gloves are separating from her elbow fittings also.

and OMG that gifffffffffffffffffffffffff  *drools* in other news not compleatly sure I'm going to be mentally or emotionally able to watch the sub today but I'm gonna try anyway.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 5:22 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG I just finished the raw and all I can say is OMG I loved it so much and Yuuga goofing off their at the end of the curtain call. I think she managed to actually Knock Nao and Hikari down to number two on my favorites list. I cried so much and I laughed so much it was in one word perfect and if we do have more musicals it was the perfect start to them coming back OMG *bounces around in excitement* so can't wait for the subbed version.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 9:01 pm

sorry about triple posting but I'm sure I'll have more to say when I actually know whats being said rather than a vague idea.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:13 pm

There is a place to watch it?????????? LINK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:15 pm

I'm currently downloading a raw. I'm sure I'll watch it at some point then watch Miss Dream's subs later. ^^ Also, I'm thinking of doing a stream soon to watch it with everyone. ^_^
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:22 pm

so miss dream is the place to find it then Smile  Sweet, i will have to watch it soon
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:36 pm

Even though I haven't watched it yet, I was thinking the reason why Venus might seem so serious is because of how she was pretty serious in the manga. I know this musical was trying to stay close to the manga, so their personalities might be more aimed at Minako's more serious manga counterpart.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:39 pm

Small Lady wrote:
I'm currently downloading a raw. I'm sure I'll watch it at some point then watch Miss Dream's subs later. ^^  Also, I'm thinking of doing a stream soon to watch it with everyone. ^_^
how bout a special stream on a day that's not friday since I work fridays now.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:40 pm

Maybe i'll stream it when we decide our new Stream days and times! xD
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:41 pm

and yea it seems like she's a bit closer to manga minako haveing watched the raw already. I kinda liked Serious minako a bit better than anime minako to be honest. and works for me brit I've missed the last several becaus I've been at work during them.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 2:23 am

Warning: Ramblings and spoilers ahead xD

I just finished watching the subbed myu, and I really enjoyed it!! It had a good mixture of humor, drama, laughter and feels everywhere :3 Heck, I even liked the Zoisite/Mercury scenes, and that is something I am very surprised about xD

I'm not sure I agree with everyone's feeling of Venus being too serious. I think she showed off a lot of playful instances throughout the Myu, and even in her movements and gestures during the dances. I think she was wonderful and I enjoy watching her so much [Discussion] La Reconquista  1434556979

I really love the way Moon was portrayed, she was incredibly cute. However, I am not sure I am a fan of Moon's voice, sadly. I feel it pales in comparison to some of the other voices, which seems like a shame because she is the main character after all and a lot of attention is on her. I just feel like her voice needs some training in keeping it from being shaky at times. But then, I can be picky sometimes xD

I loooved seeing Queen Serenity in the Myu and her song Stairway to the Moon is probably my favorite of all the songs. It's so pretty and melancholy and I just really love it. Seeing her in the myu makes me soooo happy [Discussion] La Reconquista  1434556979

I also really loved Beryl in this. Her voice is Beauuuutiful!!! I loved listening to her, and I really LOVED her outfits. The dress was similar to what we know, but it had subtle and gorgeous different details that really looks awesome. Also, seeing her in armor??? Uwahhhh [Discussion] La Reconquista  1007597063 

Yuuga as Mamoru has such charm, too, oh my goodness xD Totally stole all the scenes she was in. The Usa/Mamo scenes were really spectacular and adorable, and having the small piece of Wish play right before Usagi gets the resolve to attack Mamoru, it really struck a beautiful chord, awie <3 Gave me all the feels haha Although I REALLY was surprised when Usagi killed herself once again.

Also, the last few scenes were really beautifully performed. All of the girls had such sorrow and desperation in their voices. And having the Inners sacrifice themselves to bring back Usagi, that's just really cool because usually only Usagi is the one bringing people back. So that was really neat to see.

One of my favorite things is when the five of them were reunited though. It was really cute! xD

One of the things I really didn't like was that when someone died, they would run off the stage. I wish they had kept the style of the old myus where the whole stage would go pitch black for a few seconds to allow the dead to run off the stage, that way we don't see it xD I think it had a better effect than just having them run off. When Zoisite was killed during the Silver Millennium scene, I didn't even realize he had been killed at first because of this. I thought he had just been badly injured or something haha ^^;;

Overall, this was a great Myu. There are some great moments and great songs sprinkled throughout, and it was a joy to watch =] I have some gripes about things, but they are minor things, all in all, because La Reconquista has great energy and it was well done <3 <3

tl;dr: YAY FOR MORE MYU! [Discussion] La Reconquista  3884866259
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 4:37 am

Small Lady wrote:
Maybe i'll stream it when we decide our new Stream days and times! xD
OMG YES, REI-CHAN APPROVES THIS IDEA..!

I'll probs try to watch it before a stream, but I think it'd be awesome for us all to watch it and fangirl together. =p ❤
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 5:15 am

I just have to say real quick all usamamo scenes were adorable. Honestly i think my favorite scene was the silmil scene i though i was going to explodoe from all the usamamo cuteness.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 12:29 pm

Has a link actually been posted to Miss Dream's sub..? If not, here it is..!
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 5:43 pm

I must also point out I love the use of Usako in this musical usually mamo calls Usa well usa we got one Odango in gaiden and that was that I love the fact that Yuuga uses it more than once in this musical.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 9:09 pm

THIS. WAS. SO AMAZING. I am SO glad I waited until it was subbed to watch it.

I can't even begin to discuss what I just watched because there are so many crazy thoughts and emotions going on in my head right now but I'll try.

Well first of all, Yuuga was SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO amazing. To me, she embodied Mamoru better than ANY of the others. I'm so happy that we showed the world that a woman can play the part even better than a man. I'm sure Naoko is thrilled. I feel like she portrayed Mamoru exactly as Naoko envisioned him.

Satomi was SO AMAZING. I liked her voice, I'll agree that it wasn't perfect, but I think it's worth it because of how absolutely amazing she did. I LOVED LOVED LOVED her as Usagi, and like Yuuga, she is my favorite. She reminded me so much of Miyu Sawai. It was amazing.

Mercury got the largest senshi role again, go figure -.- but oh well.

Half the time I was like wtf are the Lemures doing -.- there were multiple occassions where they were just like randomly harlem-shaking or something around Beryll while she was talking and I'm just like... wat... it was very distracting.

Serenity's role was... omg. So refreshing. I LOVED hearing things from her perspective. It was an awesome new twist on the story.

Which brings me to the story... OMG THE PLOT WAS SO AMAZING. I can't even talk about it. Omg. SUCH an amazing retelling of a story we've heard a million times, but it was so different. I absolutely loved the emphasis on new things, like Serenity, and the entire re-telling of the Earth/Moon war instead of just showing the same 10-second flashbacks over and over and OVER again (cough cough PGSM cough). I freaking saw tumblr spoilers so I knew Serenity was going to kill herself, but I was absolutely shocked when Sailor Moon did it. Man, I just love that after watching every version of Sailor Moon and seeing the same story four times, I was able to watch it and actually be surprised at the plot. It's like they specifically thought about things that the story was lacking and misconceptions about the message and directly approached them. So refreshing. So amazing.

Like I literally ended it and felt like I could conquer the world. Which is what Naoko wanted us to feel when she created this series in the first place. I absolutely loved it. I have so much more to say that I'll probably add in here and there because I'm still processing what just happened but omg.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 9:18 pm

I have to ask anyone but me want to marry Yuuga now just so they can have their own Mamo-chan?
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 10:36 pm

OH thought of my other things.

I think they're trying to make "We Are the Pretty Guardians" the new "La Soldier" with the medleys and whatnot and the performance at the end.

Their makeup was shiny.

I love how they're singing along with the show.

SO CUTE that even though she fell asleep when he was singing all the nice stuff to her she remembered it later when she was fighting him. (in reference to "Wish" and "Fate")
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 5:44 am

My husband and I watched it last night. On the whole, I enjoyed it. I wished some of the songs were stronger--I felt that several of them were very forgettable. They were cute, and I liked the lyrics, I just wanted them to be catchier. Also, I think the sailor soldiers, especially Moon, need more vocal training. Compared to the other actresses' singing, they needed more practice.

I loved the Usagi and Mamoru scenes. I loved the inclusion of Queen Serenity, and I agree that her song was wonderful. I liked the continuation when brainwashed Endymion sang Beryl's song from earlier; I felt that thematically it made sense and set the mood. I loved that the sealing sword was a glowing sword. (Although when I saw the lotus Silver Crystal dangling and wiggling on that wire I LAUGHED SO HARD.) When the Lemures leader mentions "at first it was just youma and then there was that S and SS stuff" I died. XD So great. Usagi was so confused.

On the whole, I enjoyed the plot. I thought the plot was really strong. The four kings had fantastic roles, and the Zoisite/Ami angle was only slightly less adorable than the Mamoru/Usagi scenes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 10:35 am

I find it interesting in all reviews I've read (on and off GC) no one really mentions the overall singing or dancing (besides the main characters). This IS a musical after. You would think that would be a main thing to discuss? That just makes me think its overall decent but can be forgettable (as you said Aurae). I still haven't had a chance to watch it. T_T But yeah.

brrrandiZZLe wrote:
Half the time I was like wtf are the Lemures doing -.- there were multiple occassions where they were just like randomly harlem-shaking or something around Beryll while she was talking and I'm just like... wat... it was very distracting.
this is probably like due to the weird dancing previous youma/lemures type background roles did in previous Myus. I was watching the 1993 Dark Kingdom Gaiden last night (I'm proofreading some new subs for it for someone) and lol, sometimes their dancing is like "what are you doing..."

Ah the 90s. (and apparently the 2013s xD)
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 11:00 am

The dancing is kind of hilarious. There's a lot of what I can only visually interpret as flailing, especially from the lemures. I felt that the singing was pretty good for everyone with previous experience, but the sailor soldiers could improve. Tuxedo Mask's actress does a fantastic job of dancing without tripping on her cape, and she's very light on her feet. She was my favourite to watch moving about on the stage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 11:51 am

I noticed several times while walking around on the stage Yuuga had to hold her cape up off the ground to keep from walking on it or tripping over it. Her cape should have been a bit shorter I think they had it pretty well figured out with previous Tuxedo masks where it stops at their knees rather than almost their feet. and yea those with prior experience seemed to be the better singers and dancers. Though I wouldn't really say any of the songs were forgettable I've been walking around the house singing them since I watched it (granted not sure how much of that is they got stuck in my head the first time or the fact that I've watched it like 7 time already) Personally I kind of liked these costumes a bit better than previous musicals that's not to say I didn't like the costumes from previous myu's I just liked these a bit better (and not to mention the Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion costumes were way way better than what they had in Gaiden.) I was at first unsure about having the leamures in this one mainly becaus it was based off of classic so it should have technically been youma but I thought they were pretty awesome when I watched it. Granted I was like WTF most of the time when they were on the stage. Their were a few places I felt some of the actors seemed to be over acting a bit like when Tuxedo Mask remembered the shittenou It just seemed like Yuuga was over acting a bit on the scene but it still seemed to work really well. I also loved the replay of the song that Mamoru sang towards the beginning right before Sailor Moon killed him. seriously though I loved this Myu sooooooo much.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 2:06 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention! What did everyone think of the new attacks?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] La Reconquista    [Discussion] La Reconquista  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] La Reconquista

View previous topic View next topic Back to top