The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Least Favorite Soldier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th November 2011, 12:01 am

Aquarii2011 wrote:
I never liked Sailor Star Fighter or Sailor Star Maker. I don't know why, but I just don't like them. There's something about those two that turns me off.

For me they are not really memorable enough characters to even bother caring. lol
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th November 2011, 3:54 am

Brit-chan wrote:
Aquarii2011 wrote:
I never liked Sailor Star Fighter or Sailor Star Maker. I don't know why, but I just don't like them. There's something about those two that turns me off.

For me they are not really memorable enough characters to even bother caring. lol

That's one of the reasons, but it's Taiki's attitude towards Ami that REALLY turns me off. As for Seiya, there's still something about him I cannot clearly point out.
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th November 2011, 9:26 pm

I have to be honest, my least favorite would have to be Sailor Mercury. Not saying I hate her or anything, but I guess it's cause I was...dare I should say it...jealous of her intellect as a kid. Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 124253740

But if we're counting in the Starlights, hands down, they all are my least favorite, especially Maker.
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th November 2011, 9:39 pm

thewhitemoonfamily wrote:
I have to be honest, my least favorite would have to be Sailor Mercury. Not saying I hate her or anything, but I guess it's cause I was...dare I should say it...jealous of her intellect as a kid. Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 124253740

But if we're counting in the Starlights, hands down, they all are my least favorite, especially Maker.

Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 1434556979 I honestly don't see the big deal with them either. Finally someone else!
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th November 2011, 9:44 pm

Sailor Saturn wrote:
thewhitemoonfamily wrote:

Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 1434556979 I honestly don't see the big deal with them either. Finally someone else!

Oh my goodness thank you! This may sound bad but I never count them in as major senshi/characters. Glad to know someone agrees! Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th November 2011, 9:45 pm

I don't care much for the Starlights either. When I first head of them, I thought that such characters must be so exotic and mysterious! but in the anime, they just ended up being kind of bland... I really believe that the only reason they're popular is because femslash fans want *some* female to ship Usagi with. Beyond the ship possibilities (and, of course, the awesome music)- I just don't see the point. I think that if they'd gotten more character development beyond "o hai we're lookin 4 our prinshess haz u seen herz?" then they could have had so much potential... The anime staff just played the "THEY'RE ROCK STARS" thing for their "character development" way too hard, and it fell short. I wsh they'd been written differently- they had such potential.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 2:34 am

Discluding The Starlights.

Uranus Sad sorry Haruka
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 1:32 am

Sailor Uranus/Amara

I just can't stand her Sad. Sorry. I just don't like how cold she is and her very stubborn and unabliging manner. She was out of line how she attacked Serena with Michelle.

Sailor Neptune/Michelle would be the second least favourite scout. She is just too similar to Amara to me. But just a tad nicer than Amara.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 4:53 pm

SerenaFan wrote:
Sailor Uranus/Amara

I just can't stand her Sad. Sorry. I just don't like how cold she is and her very stubborn and unabliging manner. She was out of line how she attacked Serena with Michelle.

Sailor Neptune/Michelle would be the second least favourite scout. She is just too similar to Amara to me. But just a tad nicer than Amara.

You mean that last episode of Sailor Moon S where they are like "WE SUCK LETS ATTACK YOU BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PROVE YOURSELF ENOUGH IN THE FINAL BATTLE"? I hated that too. It was very out of character for them. :/
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 5:01 pm

SerenaFan wrote:
Sailor Uranus/Amara

Sadly, as of yesterday, I don't even consider Haruka or Michiru in my top 10 favorites anymore...turns out to be a similar discovery that I found through so many different scenes throughout the series. so yeah, i agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 5:22 pm

Quote :
You mean that last episode of Sailor Moon S where they are like "WE SUCK LETS ATTACK YOU BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PROVE YOURSELF ENOUGH IN THE FINAL BATTLE"? I hated that too. It was very out of character for them. :/

Don't the manga and musical portrayals of Haruka and Michiru make up for it though?

Last edited by UndergroundSources on 27th January 2012, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : making it clear who i was actually talking too...)
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 5:24 pm

UndergroundSources wrote:
Don't the musical and manga portrayals of Haruka and Michiru make up for it though?

I don't care about the myu versions...honestly.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 5:39 pm

Venus and Jupiter, just never cared for them.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 5:43 pm

I feel that the anime more often than other versions give relatively shallow perspectives of the characters, excluding Usagi. I mean Setsuna has little to no personality... How many episodes are there that tell us "yes, in fact Ami is QUITE a nice person". I think they wasted too much time focusing on plot rather than character in the anime. PGSM does it alot better...
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 11:28 pm

Small Lady wrote:
SerenaFan wrote:
Sailor Uranus/Amara

Mainly that, but it was the whole S season mostly where they just irritated the heck out of me! SuperS was a bit better but I will never like them. I think Michelle is beautiful though.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 3:55 pm

I can empathize with your opinions over Haruka in the S anime, Serena. I think the writers did a horrible job of portraying her. She spends the majority of the season cold and aloof and berating Sailor Moon. In the manga she is a beautiful figure who loves Usagi very much. I have always found her affection towards Usagi to be so endearing. But in the anime, she is can be lacking in character.

Chibi Moon though, oh gosh, why did she have to have an entire season dedicated to her? Gyah.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 4:04 pm

Probably to attract younger viewers in, they probably felt the original fanbase had grown up and moved on...
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 4:10 pm

I understand that she had a very large role in the SuperS manga, but they really got out of hand for the anime. It was like watching a mini spin-off. Naoko kept a proper balance in the manga, focusing on Chibi Usa but still maintaining Usagi as the essential character in defeating evil. As it should have been in the anime.

But I am leading this discussion off topic. Razz If you want to talk about it more with me, Miki, we can continue in the SuperS thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sailor Sedna
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Sedna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Frontier Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 4:15 pm

first of all, the anime character are so much "hateful" (I'm not sure this is the word I'm looking for) than the manga ones, so I'm only going to talk about the firsts ones

yep, I agree with the Chibiusa thing, when I rewatched the anime this year I hated her..it was like "omg can you PLEASE get over your Oedipus complex?!".

another one, I will go for Mars..maybe because she was always bothering Usagi and behaving as a feisty bitch
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 4:26 pm

Yah, Rei can be a rather off-putting character in the anime as well. After watching the japanese anime though, I have no hard feelings towards her because I understand her more. She says spiteful things and picks on Usagi a lot but I think she may love Usagi more than anyone, in her own special way. It's more of a love that is tucked away. I think that this is due partly to her self-protective personality but also because I think that if Rei were to allow herself to care for Usagi openly, these emotions would consume her and cloud her judgement and ability to protect Usagi as Sailor Mars protecting Sailor Moon.

But in the dub? Poor Rei. She's just horrid in every way that usually never makes any sense and is often made up by the dub writers.

And yah, Chibi Usa trolling EVERY Usagi and Mamoru moment in the anime just grated on my every nerve. Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 380725003
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 5:13 pm

Quote :
yep, I agree with the Chibiusa thing, when I rewatched the anime this year I hated her..it was like "omg can you PLEASE get over your Oedipus complex?!".

Actually Chibiusa's displaying electra complex not Oedipus X3

I love all the characters, I just feel that the anime portrayals of the characters are quite shallow and shouldn't really be compared to other versions... The manga and pgsm both display their true humanity, while the musicals... depending on the actress show different understandings of the characters. This is my best example:

The first 13 musicals featured Anza Ooyama as Saior Moon. They were basically all a direct spin off to the anime. Anza's portrayal of Usagi was pretty much insync with that. She was silly and loud to the point she's a little irritating and sometimes its a little hard to belive that Usagi really believed in everyone.

The next 3 musicals featuring Fumina Hara as Sailor Moon had a complete change. If I remember correctly Fumina did not watch much of the anime, and used the manga as character reference, this Usagi was more mature and more elegant than Anza and the anime. Very much in line with the grown-up Usagi of the Yume and Stars arc. All of Fumina's musicals took place while she as 16-17. Though because many western fans had only seen the anime and Anza, Fumina came as a shock and become very very unpopular XD.

In short, I think its difficult to compare the characters using the anime when their personalities aren't very developed compared to other versions of the serise.
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 7:34 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I can empathize with your opinions over Haruka in the S anime, Serena. I think the writers did a horrible job of portraying her. She spends the majority of the season cold and aloof and berating Sailor Moon. In the manga she is a beautiful figure who loves Usagi very much. I have always found her affection towards Usagi to be so endearing. But in the anime, she is can be lacking in character.

Chibi Moon though, oh gosh, why did she have to have an entire season dedicated to her? Gyah.
Yeah, she is definitely more warm in the manga. I don't know why they chose for her to be so cold in the anime. In the English Sailor Moon her voice does nothing to help her appear more kind as it is quite aggressive, especially when she gets angry. Perhaps because she is Aquarius and they wanted her to be more like the typical Aquarius? Their typical traits are cold and detatched so that may be why. Because when you think of all the scouts, they are a lot like their star signs so that may be why.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Sedna
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Sedna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Frontier Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 8:04 pm

UndergroundSources wrote:
Quote :

Actually Chibiusa's displaying electra complex not Oedipus X3

damn you're right...sorry about that Razz
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Least favorite senshi   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2012, 9:02 pm

Im sure there's a topic for this somewhere, but I didn't see one when I searched so I'm making one. We always ask who's your favorite sailor senshi when you meet someone, but what about your least favorite? I'd say it'd be sailor mercury because I don't really have anything in common with her and her attacks seem kind of boring to me. It's not because she's really smart either. She's just not very interesting to me... What about you guys? Who could you live without from sailor moon?
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Regno Monarch
Star Seed

Regno Monarch

Star Seed

Title : Resident Evil Dictator

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2012, 11:18 am

Sailor Moon is a thorn in my side. But it's her series, so we can't be without her.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th July 2012, 8:19 pm

Hallo, love. We do have this topic already made but in the Individual Characters & Couples Forum, called Least Favorite Soldier.

I'll be merging this topic with that one now. Smile
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th July 2012, 9:18 pm

I agree with Mercury. She's pretty boring... I loooove Venus but it bothers me because it's almost like the writers jealous of Sailor Moon FOR Venus and try to make her shine all the time... Like Sailor Moon is the star of the series. I understand all of Venus's back story and I understand that Venus and Earth are the most alike but they're always looking for excuses to make her stand out among the other inners.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
MandarinCupcake
Star Seed

MandarinCupcake

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 11:40 am

I don't care much for Mercury. I don't feel any connection with her like I do the other scouts.

I don't care for anime Venus since she was demoted to comic relief most of the series. I feel bad for her 3:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/mandrixa/ http://gothberrycuppycakes.tumblr.com/
Enterprise
Star Seed

Enterprise

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 11:59 am

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has just watched the first two seasons and has just started S ..

My least favorite so far would have to be Sailor Mercury. It's odd, because she was my favorite Sailor when I was a child. She does seem to have a different personality in the original compared to the dub, so that might be why. She just doesn't do anything all that interesting. She's the nice, caring girl with no outstanding negative qualities .. so that makes her a bit boring.

I still like her, especially her design .. there needs to more girls with short hair! She just falls a little flat.

Last edited by Enterprise on 26th July 2012, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 12:03 pm

I'm going to say my least favorite soldier is definitely Sailor Luna from PGSM. Out of cat form, she didn't really seem like the Luna they introduced from the beginning. Also, I felt as though she was incredibly useless and barely could do anything. I'm not a big fan of Chibi Moon and Sailor Luna as her replacement in the series was even worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Soldier   Least Favorite Soldier - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Favorite Soldier

View previous topic View next topic Back to top