The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:26 pm

So this is a theory that I have had in my head for a little while. Mostly putting it out there for feedback and guidance on how to change or add to it.

According to wikimoon, Chaos is the one who never became a star and missed the light ( http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Chaos ). I believe that Cosmos is the embodiment of the light. It is the guiding light of the entire universe.

Both take on various incarnations. Chaos was all the major villains Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals 1322698128 and Cosmos was the Moon Matriarchy Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals 4011577294 .

The reasons that all of the villains want to take the silver crystal is because deep down Chaos is trying to steal the light. It wants to be a part of the light, but has no understanding of what light is. Ironically, it uses darkness to try and steal the light.

I also think that the Chaos crystal would actually be a black hole, trying to suck in everything in attempt to become a part of it. Chaos does not understand that rather than joining the light, it is destroying it.

During the showdown between Sailor Chaos and Sailor Cosmos, Chaos has destroyed nearly everything in its eternal search for the light, to the point that some of the guiding light of Cosmos is gone, hence why ChibiChibi Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals 2231137394 wanted Sailor Moon to end everything. Cosmos had been slightly tainted by the darkness and needed to meet a purer form of herself in order to re-learn what she really is.

So.....that was kinda long. Feel free to tear this to shreds if need be. I was considering writing s fic about this but I dont really write much. Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals 378648805
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 7:00 pm

I love this idea! I also think Cosmos and Chaos are essentially the same entity but split and that's the reason why they always end up finding each other no matter what life they are living. Cosmos doesn't seek out Chaos because she has her own light, but until Chaos becomes Sailor Chaos his incarnations constantly seek her out^^
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 7:17 pm

OOOOH, like a yin and yang thing

i liek eet
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 7:33 pm

Ying yang! I didn't even think of that. Cosmos is the white tainted with a small bit of black while chaos is the black tainted with a small bit of white! I love it!

Cosmos's heart has weakened and that's the tainted circle.

Chaos's heart has tainted with light, because of her desire to forever be with Cosmos.

Now that Chaos is a senshi I wonder if she'll be able to become good ^-^. The Light from her own star will consume her, and she can cleanse Cosmos of the light she had forgotten. I love these!
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 7:57 pm

Oh my gosh I am loving this!!!! Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals 378648805
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:04 pm

In some schools of philosophy, "cosmos" is the concept of existence and order while "chaos" is the concept of non-existence and disorder, they exist in a cycle. all things must be made to be destroyed and that which is destroyed is remade. This is fitting with the Galaxy Cauldron's principles. Within the Sailor Moon Universe, for the manga and musicals, Chaos is apparently lonely and so seeks out Cosmos, just like how everyone else in the series is lonely and flocks towards Usagi, but Chaos goes out in the wrong way to do it. While in the anime, Chaos is apparently concentrated evil, evil must exist but not as densely in that form.

Since Cosmos and Chaos are Greek concepts, which Naoko seems to throw around a couple times in the series, its likely where these two terms have come from, however, that does not mean she has not put her own spin on it.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:06 pm

I wonder if essentially their clashing was like a big bang and they not only create the universe but destroy it and that cycle is just like a loop with history going in a circle^^
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:14 pm

That's part of some strands of that philosophy, however within the Sailor Moon universe, likely a clashing resulted in the creation of the Galaxy Cauldron. Sailor Moon is a very good example of philosophical fusion. Ms. Takeuchi seems to be completely aware of both common Western and Eastern philosophies (just look at all those Christian references in the Infinity arc, the references to Shintoism, conceptual balance in Stars ans so on), she mixes them together through Usagi who alone seems to be capable of resolving any dialectical problem through idealism. Realism in the series attempts to compete with idealism (Infinity arc) but Idealism comes out on top no matter what.

Everything in the series must be seen in this sense.

So we must really see Cosmos as some kind of beacon, with Chaos being an attempted usurper. So I think you are right, in essence, Chaos can be seen as a black hole or void that attempts to take in any power it can. The role of Cosmos seems to be to keep Chaos in check. They should be on equal footing but whenever Chaos attempts to rise too powerful, Cosmos must inevitable knock it down in some sort of negative feedback cycle...
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:16 pm

This theory is my new favorite theory!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:19 pm

Sailor Moon is the best thing
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 8:25 pm

Quote :
Sailor Moon is the best thing

Agreed! no matter how old I get it will forever be my favorite^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 8:29 pm

Quick little mod thing, Theory is supposed to go before your thread title so I'm going to change that for you. Sorry if it seems nitpicky, but we have a set format for this section and I'm just trying to keep everything uniform with it. ^_^

Thanks for understanding!

Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime14th April 2013, 3:25 pm

Whoops, had no idea that was an official thing!
Back to top Go down
sophiesmystery
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime14th April 2013, 5:35 pm

This is a really interesting theory and brings up so many questions.

Like Houyou no Senshi mentioned, there is a philosophical thought behind the concept of cosmos/chaos, but everyone has so many, many different ideas/principles behind this idea so I guess it depends on how you view the world...

I think in many ways you can parallel this theory of order and disorder to even the relationship the Senshi have with each other and the choices they make. All the Senshi, good and bad, are powerful and there are plenty of instances where they could be possessed by their own power and manipulate it to gain more, and this was the basis of Galaxia's obsession for me. She was beautiful and just as powerful (or even a little more) as Sailor Moon and yet she was consumed by her own self - as I said in another thread, she was the perfect example of a megalomaniac (those narcissistic type of people who have these delusional images of grandeur and greatness about themselves...), though the choice was hers to go about killing and destroying everyone and everything in her path.

Sailor Moon/Usagi used that same power but instead, used it to heal and to love and to help others. She was never big-headed about it, never lorded it over others, and most people were amazed to see that she could control the Silver Crystal, that she had so much power.

I know in the manga the attraction of Chaos to Cosmos was because of 'loneliness' but I see it related more to choices than anything.
Back to top Go down
http://whiskersnpurrs.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime14th April 2013, 6:19 pm

That is true, I also agree it has a lot to do with choice^^
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime14th April 2013, 6:54 pm

sophiesmystery wrote:

I know in the manga the attraction of Chaos to Cosmos was because of 'loneliness' but I see it related more to choices than anything.

Chaos was choosing to be violent and negative in its pursuit of the light. It was lonely, but so was nearly every single other character in the whole story.

I'm now thinking that one of the over-arching ideas might be about we handle our loneliness. Do we help others to bring us closer to the light or do we become jealous and hurt the light of others.

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime14th April 2013, 7:59 pm

Quote :
I'm now thinking that one of the over-arching ideas might be about we handle our loneliness. Do we help others to bring us closer to the light or do we become jealous and hurt the light of others.

In my everyday life I see more people jealous and hurting each other rather then helping. It's frustrating because unfortunately most people will do what they want to even if the right path is lit up right in front of them "You can lead a horse dying of thirst to water, but you can not make it drink, in the end it's the horses choice..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals   Theory: Chaos - Cosmos  Crystals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Chaos - Cosmos Crystals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top