The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory:Chaos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Theory:Chaos  Empty
PostSubject: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime19th December 2012, 3:35 pm

So kentshi ( i hoped i spelled that right) and I were talking last night and we got to talking about Chaos and what it is in sailor moon.

Now what if Chaos is the metephysically leftovers if you will from a star guardian like the Sailor Stars, from after the Star went super nova? We know from science-y peoples that when a star goes super nova it tends to take like everything out. Well what if that star had a sailor guardian? and what if when that star went super nova it's guardian went with it? and when all this went down, the spirit if you will of that sailor guardian turned into Chaos? So when Chaos possessed Galaxia it was a sailor guardian of a super nova-ed star and it wanted to destroy everything. That would sort of explain why Chaos took Galaxia all over to gather star seeds and mess stuff up all together.
Anyway that's what I was thinking. what do you think?

Last edited by radicaledward124 on 20th December 2012, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime19th December 2012, 3:39 pm

This is an interesting theory. Perhaps though it is something even darker, like a black hole. Aren't they the absolute last stage in the life cycle of a star?
Back to top Go down
http://chocolate-maiden.tumblr.com/ http://augustanekochan.deviantart.com/
InitialA
Pyramidal Crystal

InitialA

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Herald of the New Age

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime19th December 2012, 6:48 pm

Only some stars go black hole, or else we'd be in a lot of trouble! Others, like ours, will turn into a white dwarf. I'm sure there's a light-dark parallel we could draw with it, but white dwarfs are small and infinitely less powerful than black holes. And then there's neutron stars and pulsars... All sorts of things that stars turn into, eventually.

Actually, pulsars would be really interesting as a way to "aggravate" Chaos, if we go with the star theory. Since they spin so fast and release so much magnetic radiation with each spin (listen to a sound clip of a pulsar, it's really cool), it's like your kid sibling poking you constantly!
Back to top Go down
http://initiala.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/midnightarticuno
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime19th December 2012, 7:31 pm

Ed chickie, you forgot to put "theory" in your thread title. Could you edit it for me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:12 am

Sorry I forgot that Tuxie.

You all bring up great points. I usually start these and run away cause things get heated, but this seems like fun. I just know there has to be more to the Chaos thing than we know and I thought it would be nifty to get different viewpoints on it.

I like the idea that it maybe be a pulsar, that's nifty, but it feels like there would be more to it some how. Now i'm not educated when it comes to stars. They're pretty to look at that's about what I know. I feel that there is more power behind Chaos. I dunno just a theory.

Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:21 am

I think, however, in the Sailor Moon universe, Chaos was always existing...Like a higher being that had no form. Chaos was what caused Metallia to brainwash Beryl and attack earth. Chaos is what was behind Death Phantom and Nemesis. Chaos was what caused the Death Busters from the Tau system to want to take Earth, etc. etc.

All the villains of Sailor Moon are various forms of chaos seeping into their hearts and turning them dark.

The theory behind the super nova is interesting, but I get the feeling that Chaos has been around for a long time, probably from the beginnings of the universe. There is always a need to balance out order and chaos. Perhaps, if we consider that in the Sailor Moon universe, something like the Big Bang Theory is what created the universe and the Galaxy Cauldron, that when the universe began, Chaos was created at the same time as Order (which would be represented as also Cosmos or light) and both seeped their way into the universe as it formed.

Annd I'm not sure if I"m really making sense anymore, but thats kinda how I've always seen Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:29 am

Small Lady wrote:
I think, however, in the Sailor Moon universe, Chaos was always existing...Like a higher being that had no form. Chaos was what caused Metallia to brainwash Beryl and attack earth. Chaos is what was behind Death Phantom and Nemesis. Chaos was what caused the Death Busters from the Tau system to want to take Earth, etc. etc.

All the villains of Sailor Moon are various forms of chaos seeping into their hearts and turning them dark.

The theory behind the super nova is interesting, but I get the feeling that Chaos has been around for a long time, probably from the beginnings of the universe. There is always a need to balance out order and chaos. Perhaps, if we consider that in the Sailor Moon universe, something like the Big Bang Theory is what created the universe and the Galaxy Cauldron, that when the universe began, Chaos was created at the same time as Order (which would be represented as also Cosmos or light) and both seeped their way into the universe as it formed.

Annd I'm not sure if I"m really making sense anymore, but thats kinda how I've always seen Chaos.

I agree with you completely! I've always thought of Chaos as being the entity that drove everything else, it's a presence that will be in the universe forever, perpetually fueling enemies for our senshi to overcome.
Back to top Go down
http://chocolate-maiden.tumblr.com/ http://augustanekochan.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:41 am

Why does Chaos have to be the bad guy? Why can't it be that they named whatever was controlling the badges wrong? What if Chaos is a creative force? I mean every artists workspace is a mess, (I know mine is) and I create from that chaos. So what if they just gave that thing a name that they thought fit or something? what if it was trying to bring what it thought of as order to the planets? I cant see Chaos as a negative force.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:53 am

I never really said Chaos was evil though. Its just the balance to Order and Light. It just so happens to be attracted to those who are lonely and without love. Which, in the Sailor Moon universe, if you look deeply into the villains, they really aren't all THAT evil (depending on which version of the villain we are talking about though). Beryl was really just someone who was slighted with love and let bitterness and hate grow into her heart. The Black Moon clan just had different beliefs than what the rule was in Crystal Tokyo. They thought they were doing what was best for human-kind. We don't know about Wiseman's background enough from before he was banished to Nemesis for me to really say anything. Its possible he wanted to be powerful and Chaos latched onto that and it slowly also grew into a hatred for human kind the White Moon rule of Crystal Tokyo.

In the anime, Queen Nehellenia was really just lonely and frightened of growing old and ugly. She was afraid of no one loving her. (The manga is a little different...it seems she was always an evil witch that had been living on the "dark side of the moon" (lol Pink Floyd) but we don't know her beginnings previous to that in the manga, so yeah...)

In the anime and musicals, Galaxia was trying to stop Chaos all together to keep it from causing more war and hate. It then corrupted her. (In the manga, Galaxia was already twisted by her terrible planet and felt all beings were little insects and needed to be wiped out...Chaos latched onto that and helped her power grow. We can only assume Galaxia was perhaps lonely and scared from whatever happened on her planet, and that is why she grew to hate other beings and saw them as worthless nothings).

And I'm just touching the main villains from the main anime and manga arcs. I'm not even including the villains from the musicals or the Makaijuu arc.

But Chaos isn't necessarily evil. At least not from its point of view, from the "good" guys point of view (Sailor Moon and crew), it is evil. It usually wants to destroy everything they love. It just seem to be attracted to things that are the opposite of love and light. Its attracted to darkness, hatred, etc. and it seems to feed off of that.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime20th December 2012, 11:59 am

radicaledward124 wrote:
Why does Chaos have to be the bad guy? Why can't it be that they named whatever was controlling the badges wrong? What if Chaos is a creative force? I mean every artists workspace is a mess, (I know mine is) and I create from that chaos. So what if they just gave that thing a name that they thought fit or something? what if it was trying to bring what it thought of as order to the planets? I cant see Chaos as a negative force.

Chaos isn't the bad guy, as we know from the manga. Chaos, just like every other villain in Sailor Moon is lonely and misunderstood. I've always personally see Chaos as a counterpart to Cosmos. Since Cosmos and Chaos go hand in hand in certain streams of philosophy. Cosmos being the concept of order, everything and existence and Chaos because the concept of disorder, nothing and non-existence. Since Chaos and Cosmos are set head to head consistently in Sailor Moon, there is definitely some relationship between the two. I don't think Chaos is evil, just like Sailor Saturn, people hide behind fear and hatred because they do not understand it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory:Chaos    Theory:Chaos  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory:Chaos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top