The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Favorite Arc of the manga?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Favorite Arc?
Dark Kingdom
Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 18 ]
Black Moon
Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 20 ]
Infinity
Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 27 ]
Dream
Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 34 ]
Stars
Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap27%Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 137

AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 11:21 am

I originally posted my thoughts back in 2012 and I don't think i've changed much since then. Maybe the Dream arc has come to top over the Dark Kingdom arc for me tho. xD
Back to top Go down
Lavender
Lotus Crystal

Lavender

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC’s Official Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 1:39 pm

Dream is my favourite one. It had the best portrayal, as far as the manga could get. The Inners had some slight development when they each obtained their Sailor Crystals, and I also felt the events that happened that led them to obtaining them, were a bit more thorough then the chapters that were dedicated to them in the previous arcs. The Outers development was fine, too and it was very interesting to have some scenes of them alone rather than interacting with the Inners or Usagi, thus portraying them a bit more thoroughly, too. Also, visually the arc was better, since it conveyed the vibe and feeling of it and some scenes were even portrayed in a dreamlike, illusionary manner. And the artwork had become very good at that arc, especially the colors and backgrounds were picked well. The villains were a bit more interesting too, with Nehellenia's backstory and stuff. So overall, it was a pretty charming arc, but it won't be so easy for me to like the manga cause of that. Actually, maybe I shouldn't have said that, liking the manga will be favorable sometime... Wink
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th July 2016, 6:50 pm

Definitely Infinity!   We get ALL 9 Scouts!!!!  YAY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Dreaming
Lotus Crystal

Moonlight Dreaming

Lotus Crystal

Title : ----tv static----

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th May 2017, 1:28 pm

I like the dream arc. I am not a fan of in-depth commentary on why I like it, though. I will say that its a pretty intense arc! And the Eternal Sailor Moon form at the end was nice too.
Back to top Go down
knowall7
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th June 2017, 8:18 pm

I did like the Dream arc. It seemed like there was a lot of action and drama going on without needing to use too much time introducing new allies.
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th June 2017, 9:04 pm

Dream arc is my favorite, hands down. It's the first arc of the manga that I read I have a habit of reading things out of order and got hooked on it immediately.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Ashtray Girl 海王
Star Seed

Ashtray Girl 海王

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th June 2017, 5:50 am

Infinity Arc, followed by Stars Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paradiso
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Serena celestial

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th June 2017, 5:05 pm

dark kingdom and dream! in the manga ive always thought that the telling of the dark kingdom arc is the most superior version of it, i just feel like it had such mystery and had a great ominous feel to it.
and i was never a fan of the dream arc when i was younger and prior to reading the manga but now i feel like it has such a great style to it and is over all (not my favorite) the best story.
but i mean every arc of sailor moon is fantastic in my book
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dollsdolls/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th March 2019, 6:43 am

:000 I can't believe I never posted here!

I definitely go back and forth on this question A LOT buuuuut after the recent re-reading with the SM Manga Club, I think I have to say that Dream is my favorite arc du jour!
The fairy tale tie-ins with the amazingly beautiful and regal ending scene...

The whole overlaying commentary on entertainment distractions causing neglect of daily life (which is totally applicable today even without the forces of evil at work)...

The Sailor Quartet reveal...

DID I MENTION SAILOR SATURN'S AMAZING AND MYSTERIOUS CHILDHOOD?? Everything with the Outers in that arc actually is somehow improved compared to Infinity imo. I mean, don't get me wrong... The drama of Infinity was A++++ and it's a very close second favorite for me atm, but Dream felt really well resolved and seeing everyone able to work together again after parting ways at the end of Infinity is just T^T!!

But I totally dig everyone's reasons for their choices too. It's just so hard to choose and like I said, I really do have a favorite "du jour" instead of one that is everlasting in my heart haha. The manga is my favorite rendition of Sailor Moon, after all~~~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th March 2019, 12:15 pm

Stars was a perfect and epic as hell finale featuring my all-time favorite villain so it's easily my favorite arc.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th March 2019, 9:39 pm

I read the manga fairly quickly, and I think the Infinity arc was my favorite. It's just in the middle and I feel it is the part that is already far enough into the story that it's pretty well developed, but also not as repetitive as the story gets sometimes. Also, it introduces (more of) the Outers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Arc of the manga?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top