The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Doctor Who?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

Doctor Who? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 10:52 am

I think people don't like River because of how her story came about. I've heard of some calling her a Mary Sue type. (which..is what Clara is currently getting.)  I think River's pretty developed kind of character because she has grown a wee bit since we've seen her.   

I guess some people don't like her attitude much.

(aah, Neil Gaiman said the part of the Doctor was offered to a poc but whoever he was, turned it down for something else.  -wants to know who.  I bet it was Idris. Idris could be anything and I would love it.)

--
flip side, saw the supposed wardrobe that the new doctor is supposed to wear- I think.  I looks like flame shirt, flame shorts, sandals and sunglasses.  At least that's the rumor.

I just hope the kids come back. It would be great to nix the 'romance the doctor' angle.  And whenver there's another companion, I really hope it won't be another Moffat Trope. (ie: Meet said companion female when she's a little girl. She is now your target/maybe infuriated with you.  Come back x-amount of years and take her out on adventures while she has stars in her eyes for you.)

..actually..that just described everyone but Old Who, Martha, Jack, Donna and Rory.
Back to top Go down
Lady Orion
Lotus Crystal

Lady Orion

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Ami (PGSM)

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 11:42 am

innocentvenus wrote:
Yay, older Doctor!

However, he was in the show twice before. Ten saved him and his family in Pompeii, and on Torchwood he played a crazy politician that messed up Jack's life.

I thought he looked familiar.  The funny thing is the actress that played Amy also came out in the Pompeii episode.
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 12:17 pm

innocentvenus wrote:
She get a lot of hate, but she is very popular, especially with younger fans. Like any other fandom, this one has seen a huge influx of teenaged fans that just love everything no matter what.

Exactly. Most of the young audience haven't even watched the first seasons of NuWho, they are only familiar with Moffat's era and the type of character he has created for the show.

Lust wrote:
I've never understood why people don't like River. She's such a kick chibi, strong, and sassy character. Not only did she admire the Doctor, she wasn't afraid to put him in his place and tell him what he needed to hear. 

Explain to me what makes her not very well developed?

Because we don't really know a thing about her. She was born to kill the Doctor. Aha, and then what? Then nothing. Absolutely nothing happens with her. A whole childhood was completely stolen from her, she is supposed to be married with the Doctor but how many interactions do we see between them? Not so many. And what happens in the time when she is not with the Doctor? I DON'T KNOW >.< That's what I don't like her. Though I enjoyed her a lot in 'Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead'.

I don't know who this person is, but I completely agree wrote:
Finally, the (what I see as) stupidity of the writing of her character makes me want to facepalm my brain right into the wall behind me. It doesn't make sense to me and not in the "I don't expect this to make realistic sense because it's a TV show, duh" way.. in the, "how the hell could that even happen" way. TPTB making her Amy and Rory's daughter just kind of killed it for me because it doesn't fit. And don't get me started on the Doctor marrying her because.. because.. ?.. ugh. Nonsense.

Also, she reminds me so much of Donna. A little bit less hysterical i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Bad Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 8:22 pm

I still don't know how to feel about the new doctor... I want to see him as the doctor before judging him >_>

Lust wrote:
If he actually hard a scarf I would puke. I want to see him dressed really classy. Kind of James Bond like.

^^THIS

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

Because we don't really know a thing about her. She was born to kill the Doctor. Aha, and then what? Then nothing. Absolutely nothing happens with her. A whole childhood was completely stolen from her, she is supposed to be married with the Doctor but how many interactions do we see between them? Not so many. And what happens in the time when she is not with the Doctor? I DON'T KNOW >.< That's what I don't like her. Though I enjoyed her a lot in 'Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead'.

You just summarized my feeling about River. I never really liked her, because I didn't have a reason to like her.
Just in case, season 7 Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
http://koijustice.tumblr.com http://sayuri-chiba.deviantart.com
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime6th August 2013, 10:02 am

I did like her original appearance in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead and her latest in The Name of the Doctor. Her final kiss with Eleven finally convinced me that they might of had chemistry.

A lot of the problem was that some of the episodes in series 5 and 6 were still written for David Tennant and needed to be tweaked to accommodate the arrival of Matt Smith. That's some of what I can give Moffat. At the time, no one knew (and I'm sure David want sure at the time) that he was leaving. The whole Pandorica thing was for Ten, and at one point Amy was supposed to meet him and have him regenerate into Eleven in her garden. Series 5 mostly was written for Ten, not Eleven. However, the characterization of River in series 6 makes no sense, other than she's what some consider Moffat's ideal. 

Interestingly enough, the episode Girl in the Fireplace (which Moffat wrote), was originally written for Eccleston and makes more since having Rose be more physical with Mickey and the Doctor (seemingly) choose Reinette at the time.  Also, The Doctor's Wife (one of my fav. episodes), was also written for Ten. However, Matt pulled it off beautifully. 

Now what I can't forgive Moffat for was that Victorian!Clara was in fact supposed to be the Clara whom travels with the Doctor. He decided last minute that no one wants a Victorian era companion and rewrote her so she pretty much to what we have now. Not that she wasn't awesome, but she was so much better in The Snowmen.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime6th August 2013, 3:56 pm

innocentvenus wrote:
He decided last minute that no one wants a Victorian era companion and rewrote her so she pretty much to what we have now.

Doctor Who? - Page 11 Uo93u1I

Today we riot!

Doctor Who? - Page 11 BXQqllp
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime6th August 2013, 4:29 pm

ready to join us Tori?

EVen I would have prefered Victorian Clara. She was interesting at least. Modern wonders would've been pretty cool to have shown her. 

At least he didn't meet -her- as a Little girl then. 

guh, Why does Moffat keep using this Meet Future Companion as Child trope?

Edit:

Geezus, Moffat is making me hate him SO much right now. So. So. Much.
Back to top Go down
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime6th August 2013, 4:51 pm

I've seen this picture all over the place, I don't know if it's legit...

12th Doctor + Clara promo (?):
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime6th August 2013, 5:26 pm

^ No, it's not ^^
that picture of Clara it's from the Hide episode stills <3
but it's a nice fan made!
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime6th August 2013, 9:43 pm

That's a beautiful fan manipulation. ♥
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Time-Machine
Star Seed

Time-Machine

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime13th August 2013, 9:07 pm

I really love Peter Capaldi as an actor (he's great in Torchwood: Children of Earth and Fortysomething, both of which I'd seen before), but I have to admit I'm getting a little bit tired of Steven Moffat's...everything, and so it makes it hard to get as excited as I want to be. 

But that fan manipulation is gorgeous! I wouldn't want another bowtie so soon after the last one. We need a change of pace. After so many incarnations it's hard to be new, though. Maybe a bowler hat?
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime18th August 2013, 12:27 pm

IDK how I feel about the new Doctor, but then again I was iffy about Matt and fell in love with him, so I trust the BBC chose a great man for the job.
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime11th September 2013, 6:34 pm

Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys...

Doctor Who? - Page 11 Day-of-the-Doctor

Doctor Who? - Page 11 1569843278 
Back to top Go down
Luna Nova
Lotus Crystal

Luna Nova

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dubbed the Official Second Usagi/Bunny ^^and Official Anzamoon

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime11th September 2013, 6:41 pm

Doctor Who? - Page 11 1637911638 Doctor Who? - Page 11 1637911638 Doctor Who? - Page 11 1637911638
Bad Wolf!  I'm so excited!! and it comes out one day before my birthday! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://littlelunanova.tumblr.com/ http://lunanova17.deviantart.com/
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 2:05 am

Already saw the 50th after jumping into my TARDIS to watch it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 7:05 am

Lol i was actually expecting a funny photo behind the spoiler. Razz
Back to top Go down
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime21st September 2013, 2:30 pm

THAT POSTER Doctor Who? - Page 11 3150097195 Doctor Who? - Page 11 3150097195 Doctor Who? - Page 11 3150097195 
I'm soooo excited Doctor Who? - Page 11 1394610236
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime21st September 2013, 3:42 pm

So many things to look forward to this year and this is definitely one of them! <3
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime7th October 2013, 12:48 am

I did a little reading because I was always so confused why Donna appeared in the first episode of the third season, but then comes back in the fourth. Apparently the character Donna Noble wasn't supposed to return. Catherine Tate showed interest in bringing back Donna, so they did for the fourth season. Pretty cool how one thing was supposed to be and got changed around entirely. If Catherine Tate never showed interest in being Donna again, the whole fourth season of Doctor Who would be completely different.
Back to top Go down
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime7th October 2013, 2:06 am

I'm really glad that happened! Donna is one of my favorite companions. But I wasn't surprised to see her comeback since the show is used to re-use a lot of their actors/actress.

BTW I don't remember if someone commented this here, but someone said that Peter Capaldi's previous character in DW (in the Pompeii episode) will somehow be part of the next plot, is it true? what do you think about it?
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime7th October 2013, 11:23 am

Seems a little farfetch'd in the sense that his appearances always change at random. The most I can think of is he has his DNA for whatever setup they get on/in/whatever him and it determines his outcome on accident. The Pompeii incident doesn't really add up to the storyline since it was Donna who was there. If they both are somehow magically there, I'm not sure if they would think it would be better before or after the Volcanic eruption.

And besides, the actress for Amy was there, too and they never explained the similarities in appearance.
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime19th October 2013, 1:24 pm

GUYS; GUYS; LOOK!! (CLICK)

Doctor Who? - Page 11 Tumblr_m7h45m2jDU1r2739v
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime19th October 2013, 2:39 pm

Oooooooh.

I hope it isn't some "omg this is leading up to something" then let down that Moffat tends to set up...But it can't be bad CAUSE TENNANT IS THERE. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime7th November 2013, 5:08 pm

Lust wrote:
Seems a little farfetch'd in the sense that his appearances always change at random. The most I can think of is he has his DNA for whatever setup they get on/in/whatever him and it determines his outcome on accident. The Pompeii incident doesn't really add up to the storyline since it was Donna who was there. If they both are somehow magically there, I'm not sure if they would think it would be better before or after the Volcanic eruption.

And besides, the actress for Amy was there, too and they never explained the similarities in appearance.
Moffat says that he contacted RTD about an idea he had as to why Capaldi was in Pompeii and Torchwood Children of Earth, and said RTD had something planned. I sorta don't by it because he love casting people from that episode.

The villain guy seer (forgot his name) also appeared as the killer in Moffat's Sherlock episode 'A Study in Pink.' Also Capaldi is very popular right now, so why not try to get some of that into a show that's staring to ail a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime7th November 2013, 5:59 pm

innocentvenus wrote:
Lust wrote:

Moffat says that he contacted RTD about an idea he had as to why Capaldi was in Pompeii and Torchwood Children of Earth, and said RTD had something planned. I sorta don't by it because he love casting people from that episode.

The villain guy seer (forgot his name) also appeared as the killer in Moffat's Sherlock episode 'A Study in Pink.' Also Capaldi is very popular right now, so why not try to get some of that into a show that's staring to ail a little bit.
I honestly do not understand a single word I wrote as an idea. What I said doesn't even make sense to me now.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime8th November 2013, 5:45 pm

Oh guys...the Day of the Doctor trailer was leaked. Watch it at your own risk!

Day of the Doctor trailer:

EDIT: Aaaaaand removed. Good thing I downloaded it for you guys. Doctor Who? - Page 11 2422052349 
https://app.box.com/s/oordr0m7xr0zj3xqttrq
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 8:46 am

Oh but its in Latin with english subs. I think i can wait for it to be officially released. xD But thanks! Very Happy

What I'm excited is that they are playing it in theaters in 3D. I'm thinking about going see it that way. Very Happy I just hope tickets aren't sold out yet. I was checking the times and one time was sold out already at the theater. D:
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 9:24 am

I watched it before it was removed. Was pretty cool to watch.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 3:29 am

Official trailer #1 from Doctor Who's YouTube page.

I shared the second on my FB page, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to share the video link of that one here.

Edit: Found it http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01lb74r Trailer #2
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 10:22 am

I've watched this too many times, too many times. And honestly, I'M SUPER EXCITED! It's just perfect <3 even if I know Moffat is going to ruin this in one way or another, or the fact that there are no Classic Doctors in it...I don't care, I'm still gonna love this <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top