The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ace <3
Star Seed

Star Seed

Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 2:35 pm

I could NEVER get away with it. xD First off, I still live at home and my mom is up my butt ALL. THE. TIME. Granted, sometimes it's nice and fun but she always has to know who I'm talking to, what I'm doing, etc. etc. I could /maybe/ /MAYBE/ get away with it at night cause my mom's a heavy sleeper. But I have a big mouth and would probably tell a friend on two. Though they'd probably just call me crazy.
Back to top Go down
sailorstarwarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 5:34 pm

The sneaking away I would not worry about. What I would worry about is trying explain to your non superhero friends why your always gone. I mean your friends with these two guys or girls and you use to hang with them all the time but now your busy trying to protect the world with four other people and such, how do you explain to them without them disappearing into thin air (Umino and Naru-chan lol)
Back to top Go down
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 5:52 pm

When I was a teenager I was basically never home, so I think I could pull it off.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd November 2011, 11:31 am

As an adult now, I'd have no problem with it, especially because I'd be the kind to live alone in a secret place nobody would know, even not my best friends.

Of course, that'd work if I didn't have any family. I guess they would probably worry and wonder where I am sometimes, but I'm sure I could explain myself Wink
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st February 2015, 7:43 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2015, 11:19 pm

I would never be able to get away with it.Last year my Mum had a panic attack when i wasn't home when she was just because my train was delayed. I don't like staying at friends houses so that's one excuse out the window. I think i'd just make a clone of myself to take my place for a couple of hours
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 12:44 am

Me? The shut in that still lives with parents? Pffft. I wish.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 8:32 am

I could've probably snuck out by transforming in my room to get the enhanced jumping abilities.

I was also allowed to go for walks through the neighborhood by myself as a teenager, so I could've used that as an excuse for a quick battle. I didn't really have sleepovers with people though, so I don't know how that would've worked for the final battles. If I had lived in the city instead of the suburbs though, it would've been much easier.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 8:35 am

If I had to have a cat as a guardian and advisor? Lmao!

I'd be sooooo sick that I'd be in the hospital before the week was over.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 8:13 am

But itd be a magical cat, maybe its magical properties could prevent your allergy attacks? XD
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 8:57 am

Lmao! That'd be great, but it would also have to be very patient, because there's that whole phobia of cats thing I have going on.
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 9:28 am

My kids would get suspicious.
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 1:34 pm

Small Lady wrote:
[...]  Also I think it might be a bit different in Japan. I dunno if its just because its anime or what, but i've noticed in these types of shows set in present day Japan, school aged kids have an easier time going out and about without their parents freaking out than I think we do in America. I think it all depends on where you live too.

I know I'm quoting the second message in this thread/topic, posted back in Oct. 2011 Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 3978041997 , but I want to make a few points about this that haven't been made yet at all here.

First off, if it would be easier in Japan than here in the U.S., that would only be because Japan is a safer country than this one.  There's far less crimes, even in the packed cities like Tokyo, that would make parents worry.  (Though I think that's slowly changing now that more foreigners are living in Japan.)

That's a factor that several repliers to this forgot to consider.  They said it would be easier if they lived in the city than in the small town or middle-of-nowhere that they live.  I had initially thought the opposite, because parents are more likely to worry for their kids in the big cities than in the rural areas due to the fact that most adults think the big cities are less safe than the rural areas.

So I believe the main reason Usagi-tachi were able to get away with this is the artistic license that a couple other responders pointed out.  Apparently, taking liberties with the truth about a situation isn't confined to just Hollywood Laughing  .

Finally, to respond to the initial point of this topic.  Would I be able to get away with this?  Depends when we're talking about.  Now that I'm an adult, and living by myself in my own apartment, yes, I think I could.  I don't have anyone who would quickly find out that I'm not home (and thus worry about me), and I've learned most of the tricks to keeping a secret, so that's why I think I could.

But could I have at the age Usagi-tachi do it?  No way.  I tried to keep a couple secrets about myself back then that didn't even have anything to do with my safety.  Yet those secrets were found out anyway, typically by my mom.  That's how I learned some of the factors one needs to consider when trying to keep a secret - I learned them the hard way Embarassed  .

And your safety really is one of the factors that needs to be considered.  For evidence, I point to my mom.  I now live in the middle of a small city (less than 30,000 residents populate it).  Yet even though I moved here this past November (meaning I was obviously an independent adult then as well), my mom expressed a lot of concern for my safety here.  For example, she made me tell her that I would always be inside my apt. with the doors & windows locked when it was night-time here.  (But being as independent as I am, I haven't stuck to it - especially now that it's winter and thus gets dark around 5PM!)
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?   Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could You Get Away with Being a Secret Senshi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top