The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

[Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album Empty
PostSubject: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime26th February 2018, 10:23 am

Soooo I saw a listing pop up the other day for a 25th Anniversary Memorial Album at CDJapan.co.jp. There's not artwork for the album cover but it seems similar to the 20th Anniversary one where they get various Japanese musicians and groups to do covers of songs from the series.

Anyone else see more info about this?
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime26th February 2018, 12:17 pm

This is the first bout of information I've seen about a 25th album. I wonder if they're going to cover different songs then the last one? If I find out anything else-I'll post it in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime26th February 2018, 12:19 pm

Yeah, so far CDJapan doesn't have a song list, just a list of artists involved. A few I recognized from the previous album along with known SM related artists like Yoko Ishida.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime26th February 2018, 12:25 pm

I mean, I'd like to hope it's gonna have different songs on it; though I wouldn't personally mind if it was the same lineup as the other one but with different artists. I'm a sucker for remixes and covers. Razz

Whichever the case, I'm going to end up getting it regardless. XD
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Jess-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime26th February 2018, 2:55 pm

I pre-ordered this a couple of weeks ago. I too am a sucker for cover songs (hope they sound good!)
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime26th February 2018, 9:49 pm

Apparently there's a theme to the album: 戦う女性像
Something like "the fighting girl image". I wonder if they'll still include a love song or two...

The official announcement page also has a note at the bottom saying that some songs have already been released! (So says Google Translate anyways lol. It also wanted to translate the above theme as "female statue of war" >.>.) In any case, I wonder if perhaps the track(s) featuring Yoko Ishida are from the Classic Concert??

(Oh and also HUZZAH for Ms. Ishida making it to this album! I might actually get this one because of that.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime30th March 2018, 5:33 am

Finally the sneak peak of the tracks!!

I'm kind of disappointed that they've given virtually the same treatment to La Soldier as the previous Memorial album but ah well ^^;;.

What do you guys think? Did anyone order it yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Jess-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime30th March 2018, 9:12 am

It's not bad from what I heard just now. I'm just happy that Otome no Policy sounds much better than the version from the last album!
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime30th March 2018, 9:55 am

These are ok? I kinda liked the variety better on the 20th anniversary album. I also miss having Momoclo doing songs. La Soldier sounded real similar to Moonlight Densetsu, I thought it was the same artist at first.

I don't recognize track 5? is it a cover of maybe an image song from Crystal or something? I'm not really as familiar with the Crystal songs and new Myu so maybe its one from either of those.
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime30th March 2018, 10:39 am

Brit-chan wrote:
These are ok? I kinda liked the variety better on the 20th anniversary album. I also miss having Momoclo doing songs. La Soldier sounded real similar to Moonlight Densetsu, I thought it was the same artist at first.

I don't recognize track 5? is it a cover of maybe an image song from Crystal or something? I'm not really as familiar with the Crystal songs and new Myu so maybe its one from either of those.

Yeah, I'm kinda "meh" about this album too. I think the Sailor Star Song from the 20th anniversary album was better. Neutral

I looked it up, and track #5 is from the SMC Character Song Compilation album. The track title is Revolution is Night & Day, and was originally sung by the SMC Inner Senshi seiyuus.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime30th March 2018, 5:50 pm

Aaah ok! Thanks. I'll have to go give that one a listen again.

I was considering preordering this CD but I think I'll just wait. I did like Moonlight Densetsu though and Moon Revenge was pretty good sounding too.
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime30th March 2018, 6:57 pm

I agree that these all sorda have the same feel to them... especially Moonlight Densetsu and La Soldier.  They're good, but not amazing. I'm not sure how I feel about Moon Revenge, it's so fast it's a bit off-putting, but it is interesting, so I'd like to hear the full version! I really like the Rashiku Ikimasho and Kaze mo Sora mo Kitto arrangements though.

But yeah, I probably won't be ordering this...
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime30th March 2018, 7:17 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
mangaka-chan wrote:
Yeah, I'm kinda "meh" about this album too. I think the Sailor Star Song from the 20th anniversary album was better. Neutral
cardea wrote:
I agree that these all sorda have the same feel to them... especially Moonlight Densetsu and La Soldier.  They're good, but not amazing. I'm not sure how I feel about Moon Revenge, it's so fast it's a bit off-putting, but it is interesting, so I'd like to hear the full version! I really like the Rashiku Ikimasho and Kaze mo Sora mo Kitto arrangements though.

But yeah, I probably won't be ordering this...

Agreed. I think I will pass on this one as well, though I am glad that new Sailor Moon CDs are still coming out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album   [Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Merch] Sailor Moon The 25th Anniversary Memorial Tribute CD Album

View previous topic View next topic Back to top