The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Dracul Series Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

The Dracul Series Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime6th February 2012, 7:05 pm

The Dracul Series, is undeniably, among the most complex of Sailor Moon stories in existence... So everyone this is your chance to discuss them:

So this is how the Dracul Series works: there are four musicals

"Shin / Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi - Last Dracul Jyokyoku"

"Kessen / Transylvania no Mori - Shin Toujou! Chibimoon wo Mamoru Senshitachi"

"Kessen / Transylvania no Mori (Kaiteiban) - Saikyou no Kataki Dark Cain no Nazo"

"Last Dracul Saishuu Shou - Chou Wakusei Death Vulcan no Fuuin"

The second musical is a direct sequel to the first, the fourth is a direct sequel to the third. However things become a little sketchy in between the second and third. The largest difference between the two is that Count Dracul only appears in the kaiteiban and Lilith and Astarte's roles are changed around a bit.

There are a few unanswered questions when it comes to the Dracul Series... the biggest two I have, for me because I love Kazuko Ono are...

* Where did Lamia escape to if she didn't return to Transylvania?
* What exactly was Vulcan holding when she was talking about Astarte. Her star seed?
* Is Sailor Astarte the Soldier for Vulcan?

dear lord there are so much misinformation on my own part i'm going to have to rewatch this whole thing

Last edited by Miki on 23rd June 2012, 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: The Dracul Series   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 9:30 pm

I always loved this... I would LOVE a poster-size version of this ^^ what do you guys think of it. This official image is for the Sailor Moon "Dracul Series", four musicals (Shin / Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi - Last Dracul Jyokyoku, Kessen / Transylvania no Mori - Shin Toujou! Chibimoon wo Mamoru Senshitachi, Kessen / Transylvania no Mori (Kaiteiban) - Saikyou no Kataki Dark Cain no Nazo and Chou Wakusei Death Vulcan no Fuuin) also called "Miyukimoon" which is part of the Second Stage of the Sera Myu productions.

The Dracul Series Discussion Thread 110

I also thought it was epic X3
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:45 pm

That would be an awesome poster to have! Looking at it makes me want to watch the Dracul Series! Maybe I should do that soon...
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:08 am

Make sure you watch it in order!

My favourite moment is the following:

Chibimoon invades Lamia and Berserk's base on her own and realises she's useless... then asks to go home...

Chibiusa: er... can I go home?
Lamia: OF COURSE YOU CAN LITTLE GIRL!
Chibiusa: Thankyou~ Sayoooonara!
Everyone: Sayooooooooonara~
*Chibiusa turns to leave*
Lamia: *grabs her from behind* of course you can't go, put her in the flasks!
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 7:55 pm

Miki wrote:
Make sure you watch it in order!

My favourite moment is the following:

Chibimoon invades Lamia and Berserk's base on her own and realises she's useless... then asks to go home...

Chibiusa: er... can I go home?
Lamia: OF COURSE YOU CAN LITTLE GIRL!
Chibiusa: Thankyou~ Sayoooonara!
Everyone: Sayooooooooonara~
*Chibiusa turns to leave*
Lamia: *grabs her from behind* of course you can't go, put her in the flasks!

ChibiUsa - "I said I'd come back! Really!"

LOL htat was so funny. I'm on stage 2 now.

I will say the word "homunculus" is just a mouthful to sing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 7:57 pm

Oh, and Death Vulcan sounds a lot like Chaos in the Galaxia Myu. Proper use of spooky disembodied voice - 10! LOL

Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 8:00 pm

yay! keep watching! my favourite is the original transylvania. and Lamia is one of my all time favourite characters! Shes a really deep character, and its a nice change from the "im evil and i dont see alternatives".
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 8:04 pm

It seems that Kaolinite and Lamia are the same person in Last Dracul. Am I right? SO far it's very good. I really should be getting back to laudry and cleaning...but I'm riveted to my seat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 8:29 pm

Death Lamia replaced Kaolinite's position from the origina musical, yes, but if you look a little more deeply you'll see that Lamia and Kaolinite's personalities are completely at ends and other than the role of "working with Tomoe", there's not that much in common. Though i guess its hard to judge when you haven't seen the original Kaolinite? For example:

Kaolinite: Adores Tomoe, is perfectly happy to work with him
Lamia: Absolutely detests Tomoe, working with him only because she has to

Kaolinite: Surprisingly agreeable and pleasant if you're on her side
Lamia: Even if you are on her side, she's still venomous

Kaolinite: Detests humans with passion
Lamia: Actually does not hate the humans, she's merely giving in to her desires

Kaolinite: Happy to take orders from others
Lamia: Prefers to do things on her own accord and give out orders

Kaolinite: Is apparently a little flighty and gets lost in thought sometimes
Lamia: Always prepared and ready for anything
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 8:44 pm

Ah I see. I didn't really even get to see much of hre in the anime. My box set of that arc was missing a CD when I bought it with the whole Hotaru / Mistress 9 episodes gone. Sad And unfortunately the manufacturer had no more sets left by the time I discovere it.

ANyway...I think Vampire Mamoru just did the Vulcan Neck grip on poor Saturn. It looks just like the one Spock uses. Very Happy

The Dracul Series Discussion Thread Vulcan

Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 9:10 pm

oh dear poor hotaru X3

Kaolinite's original appearance in myu was quite different from the anime, they made her more amicable and likeable... even if she did try to kill everyone constantly XD though i still lamia a little more for her singing in "muma no odori" "kubisuji wo sashidase" and "homunculus tanjou zenya"
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 9:18 pm

Ah OK. I do like her singing, especially in the more sultry sounding musical numbes.

I like the whole speech about dreams. It's kind of haunting. Although not entirely sensical. If I could find some decent Lamia pics I'd make it into a siggy.

DO not mistrust the dreaming dream
The dream watching child, watching the dreaming dream
The dream watching child's dreaming dream

Anyway I finished Last Dracul. I really enjoyed it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 9:24 pm

yay! the next i transylvania no mori!

i love how lamia decided to leave battle altogether! it makes me love her anymore that there is still a shred of humanity left in her and unfortunately theres not many lamia images... if any *sigh*. and its a shame thats the last we hear from lamia, though elizabeth mentions her in passing in the next musical calling her a "traitor".

The sense might be the translation... if you mean the phrase "yumeyume utagau koto nakare, yumemiru kodomo no yume no yume... yumemiru kodomo no yume no yume" its actually from the Sailor Moon SuperS anime, and is originally said by Nehellenia and the Amazoness Quartet and pops up about a bajillion times again in the otehr three dracul musicals. Maybe the translation

"Absolutely you must never doubt it... the dreaming childrens' dream of dreams... the dreaming children's dream" makes more sense? Though the phrase is vaguely nonsense anyway. I think the translator might have misunderstood the word "yumemiru" which literally is "dream seeing" but its best to just say "dreaming" in english.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 9:29 pm

I know, I've been looking for the past half hour. There are maybe 4 larger sized images, but all grainy and pretty terrible. *sigh*

I so wanted to do something cool with that. That phrase just sort of spaked my muse. LOL

And yes, that translation does make a bit more sense. ^^

Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime23rd June 2012, 9:32 pm

if you liked lamia, youll loooove lilith of darkness in the next musical Very Happy i promise you, miki matsuoka's singing blows absolutely every single actress in myu off stage

Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime30th June 2012, 5:44 pm

I am watching the Summer 2000 Transylvania No Mori right now. ^^
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime30th June 2012, 8:17 pm

yay!
Back to top Go down
Regno Monarch
Star Seed

Regno Monarch

Star Seed

Title : Resident Evil Dictator

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 7:33 am

I never understood the plot of those musicals until a friend who liked to play Bloody Dracul Vampiru wrote it all out in an application for an RP forum I was admining. It's very confusing to watch.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 5:00 pm

Watching them a few times and understanding the background of the characters and where they are deriving some of the plot from helps a lot in understanding. Probably the darkest storyline in Sailor Moon. o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dracul Series Discussion Thread   The Dracul Series Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dracul Series Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top