The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 7:59 am

Man, Professor Tomoe went full on mad scientists this episode! I was hoping he'd have some redeeming value, but the fact that he was trying to enhance Hotaru's body even before the Death Busters showed up kind of took away any redeeming values he might have.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 8:31 am

This episode was interesting, to say the least...

We don't quite get a backstory for Kaorinite's vesselization, it just happens. :/

Also, was it just me, or was this episode filled with filler animation showing off how agile Usagi is?

Boring...

I wasn't at all impressed with this episode in the slightest and am a bit confused regarding the now blonde Neo Queen Serenity. Does that mean that season II is no longer canon, or is this a huge animation error for the past couple of episodes of season III?
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 10:00 am

For once, I did notice some animation errors. I was impressed by how emotional it was for Sailor Moon to destroy Tomoe, and Hotaru saying goodbye to him. I am a little disappointed that Hotaru didn't give her small statement that the man Tomoe became after the accident was no longer her father. It would've provided a small bit of redeeming quality that Tomoe was a good man prior to losing his wife, and make the sting more intense that Sailor Moon had to kill him.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 1:32 pm

This episode was intense and awesome! I mean, you don't see the mad part of professor Tomoe! I mean he just didn't care at all about Hotaru (at leas 90's Tomoe cared about his daughter) he was just obsessed with his work...wait I feel I've seen this movie?...Spider-man?

Gonna have to read this chapter in the manga again, there're some things I think are new.

Also I will stick with my theory that all these new flashbacks of NQS are not that far in the future, that will explain the blond hair...unless they're doing that thing they did with the blu-ray release where all magically was fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 2:09 pm

They can't be flashbacks in all of them, because ChibiUsa only gets her compact after returning to the past to be with Usagi and Mamoru.

We had already seen a pearlescent haired NQS in the first episode of season III via a flashback where she bid farewell to ChibiUsa prior to sending her to the present.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 2:21 pm

^to me that's more than enough reason to stick with my theory until something else is proven also because i'm pissed about they did this mistake AGAIN

First episode we had the flashback of NQS white hair, of course they just used scenes from previous season. then why all the sudden she became blond? is because those flashbacks are not from the 30th century, they could be from way before.

Chibi-Usa is 900 something years old but that doesn't mean NQS had white hear when she gave birth to her, she could have blond hair perfectly and after more time passed she started to have white hair, it could be because of the silver crystal, it could be because she was getting older.

Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 2:46 pm

It's basically a mistake on their part, or they're sourcing the 90s anime for NQS look given that she did have blonde hair in the 90s anime.

ChibiUsa having a compact is the dead give away that it's an animation error considering that she only awoke as a senshi following Pluto's death in the 30th century.

It's a huge animation error on their part. They conflated Princess Serenity with NQS. Today's episode basically confirmed that with the flashback to QS and PS during Silver Millenium (Not to mention the massive drop in animation quality... I couldn't be the only one to have noticed that the Usagi in fetal light form was reminiscent of the art style of seasons I and II. That might be a hint as to the downgrade in animation. :/).
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 5:03 pm

All the pretties 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
Crystal Moon
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime7th June 2016, 8:43 am

east02west wrote:
ChibiUsa having a compact is the dead give away that it's an animation error considering that she only awoke as a senshi following Pluto's death in the 30th century.
Actually they did not reuse the scene in act 26 for act 27. They redrew it.

And the scene where Chibiusa talking to her mom, she said "she saved you", that means that scene happened after act 26.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime7th June 2016, 10:56 am

Crystal Moon wrote:
east02west wrote:
Actually they did not reuse the scene in act 26 for act 27. They redrew it.

And the scene where Chibiusa talking to her mom, she said "she saved you", that means that scene happened after act 26.

I know that they redrew it, but when ChibiUsa remembers her parents having mentioned Super Sailor Moon to her in episode 34/Act 33, she already has her very own compact. That being the case, it's a continuity/animation error on their part to depict NQS in that way within season III. The one "justification" I can see for the change has to do with the tie-ins to the 25th-anniversary merchandise being sold. Notice that they've stopped producing merchandise that looks anything like the pieces from seasons 1 and 2, and focused almost exclusively on merchandise that is pan-Sailor Moon. The first indication of that being the case was with the redesigned henshin wands/pens within season III. The wands/pens look like the toys released in the 90s. There isn't much profit to be made with a very niche specific reboot of the series when they can just tie it all into the 25th-anniversary merchandise and cut even. So to return to the subject at hand, NQS is blonde in the 90s anime, and Mistress 9's skirt is black in the 90s anime, whereas in the manga it's white/ivory (I wonder if that means we'll get a Mistress 9 SH figuarts?!!?!? *_*).

It's a shame really, because they started the figuarts zero line of characters from Crystal, but stopped after Mars. :/ It would have been nice to at least get a Jupiter and Venus in that style (Maybe even Prince Endymion and the Shitennou?!?!?!). Also, not to get too off topic, but the same is true with the SH figuarts line. They showed a prototype for Super Sailor Mercury, but haven't really continued the line. The only senshi from the Super line that I'd consider getting is Saturn, because she's really the only one whose figure would be a brand new design. The rest of the senshi would just have longer bows, sheer shoulder pads, and a heart brooch/crystal. So yeah, part of me thinks it's a matter of marketing and merchandise tie-ins.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 6:29 am

I'm finally catching up and while I did notice the downgrade in animation...I did like the animation they used for Tomoe. They upped the creep factor on him xD I thought it was nice seeing that Kaoli was actually a human before basically having her body abducted and possessed. We don't know what kind of person she was but I don't think the manga ever showed that she was actually human before. I was disappointed that they showed the witches 5 being grown though because i had always hoped they were students at Mugen that had reasons to want to be vesselized and were exploited by the Deathbusters, but ah well.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 6:45 am

Not to get too off topic, but has it ever bother anyone that the senshi are basically vigilantes who occasionally kill people, and we never quite have it taking its toll on them?

I mean we see a slight conflict with Usagi finishing off Prof.Tomoe, and her stepping in against Hotaru being killed off, but she didn't quite hesitate when it came to Kaolinite or Beryl.

It's just something which has sorta bugged me. There never really is accountability. Sure they were bad guys, but they were still human. Do the cops never issue a missing persons report?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 6:56 am

That's waaaay off topic BUT i think its because Beryl or Kaolinite weren't viewed as humans anymore and in teh first arc i think Luna basically says they aren't human and its why they need to be defeated so I guess Usagi goes along with killing them more easily, thinking its for the better good. In the stars arc, Chaos kind of causes her to question that. Honestly its one of the reasons I prefer some things in the 90s anime because its more about redemption and finding the good in others hearts.

Please keep on topic after this. If you wish to start a new thread discussing her actions feel free to do so! :3
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 7:04 am

Noted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 36 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top