The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 8:28 am

Well, I guess Neo Queen Serenity is blonde now? That's not going to be a weird consistency issue or anything. At least we got confirmation that it was her form in the last episode for sure, either intentional or not.

I'm not sure I love the new transformation better or not than the old one, I love the end frame, but I think the 90s version is more... graceful?

Also I love Uranus facepalming about damage bills while still in senshi form, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 9:15 am

I'm guessing that was waaaaaaaay in the past of the future (what xD) that's the only explanation I have unless they made a mistake again >_>...

This episode was so AWESOMEEEE! and Mistress 9 awakening <3! better than expected.

I love more this crisis henshin than the one from the '90's.

Can't wait for next monday Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] 1984953407
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 9:57 am

Thankfully they didn't mess up Saturn's design!

There has been so much released art that didn't do her character justice, which seeing her in today's episode caused my fears to be assuaged.

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] Saturn10
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] Three_10
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] Screen10
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] Saturn11

That said, there were a number of animation errors in this episode. 

Usagi's transformation into Super Sailor Moon left MUCH to be desired. 

I was glad to see that Uranus felt some degree of sorrow at the prospect of killing Hotaru. That was a nice touch from the ruthless and cold senshi of the 90s.

It seems that they went with the 90s colour scheme for Mistress 9. However I was surprised that she appeared so early in the series. I know what the upcoming battles are, but I'm still surprised that we have about 6 episodes left before the end of Infinity.
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 10:39 am

I am so confused now that NQS has blonde hair because Usagi wasn't supposed to transform into her during that chapter of the manga. 
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 11:04 am

AGREE!! THIS EP WAS TOTALLY AMAZING.

I loved the Crisis Transformation, and I too, think the Crystal Version is better than the 90s one, since it's actually longer than the one back in the 90s. Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] 2276477511 

And AH SATURN THO EVERYTHING THO lol
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 11:28 am

I couldn't help but laugh at the translations in this episode, they were worse than usual:
Spoiler:

That aside, this episode was really amazing! 
-I think that this Moon Crisis Make Up transformation is nicer than the 90s version. I kept going back to watch it again because the close ups of her face are stunning. 
-This moment was perfect and terrifying:
Spoiler:
-Both Sailor Saturn and Mistress 9 were GORGEOUS in this episode I am very happy thats all.
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 11:29 am

I think we do have a slight continuity error on our hands in so far as Super Sailor Moon and Neo Queen Serenity.

Neo Queen Serenity seemed to be informing ChibiUsa of the senshi form of Usagi that she would be seeing when she returned to the past. By that point in the story Usagi has pearlescent hair, not blonde hair.

Also, they didn't seem to resolve the continuity error of the rebirth of the Outers (or at most Pluto) and the original timeline. 

Some part of me thinks that perhaps in the original timeline either Saturn didn't awaken, or they killed her off. Why doesn't ChibiUsa seem to have any recollection of the Outer senshi in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 11:44 am

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] YPj5IJ0
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] Z6YKolO
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] OSE7NS8

You're welcome  Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] 1955989781

PS: I don't get why translators decide to choose that word, they could have used another one -_- I know from experience that sometimes you are not sure which word use when translating but I always tried to pick the one that is most suitable and doesn't change the meaning.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 11:55 am

I sort of giggled when they were talking about the bills and how much it cost for the apartment rent, when they were in their Sailor Uniforms.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 12:19 pm

Another slow episode filled with exposition, but luckily this should be the last one of the arc. I really hoped they fill it with Super Sailor Moon fighting Cyprine and Ptilol before destroying them. Then they go into detail about the Silver Millenium. I do hope we get some insight of Sailor Saturn other than her background, in that we here her thoughts on her feelings of mission of destruction and get some depth of her as a character.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 1:30 pm

Cyprine and Ptiol correspond to Uranus and Neptune IIRC.

Eudial = Mars

Mimette = Venus

Viluy = Mercury

Tellul = Jupiter

At one point I would have argued that Kaolinite was to be understood as Usagi's counterpart, but I'm somewhat ambivalent on that point considering that Mistress 9 remains unaccounted for, unless we count her as Saturn's counterpart, which just leaves Pluto without a counterpart to fight...

I think the most curious translation blunder was "He has the best brain".
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 2:39 pm

I had to watch the Chinese subs (I'm abroad right now) so thankfully there was no awkward English subtitles for me this week. XD;; But this episode didn't seem to have much in the way of animation. There was a lot of characters standing and talking, and even the fight scenes weren't very dynamic. Hopefully that'll change in the next few episodes.

But I did like how Hotaru's seiyuu had a very different voice for Mistress 9 (unless they switched VAs, but I don't think they did). Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] 2708394976
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime24th May 2016, 11:13 am

I'm going to vomit my thoughts on the whole of crystal season 3 to date because I just binge watched it.

Crystal did more than I thought it could. I actually dislike the infinity arc in any adaption I've ever seen. Like really disliked. It's the one season I actually never rewatch any scenes of. Except this one apparently. It's not that I love the villains more in this, they're quite as poorly developed as villains are in the manga, but Uranus and Neptune made up for it in a way I wasn't expecting. I'm actually enjoying myself watching the Infinity Arc.

What even in the world.

I also like that they kept Neptune and Uranus' transformation? They're almost 100% like the old anime.

I was never quite a fan of opening and ending (still am not) but I do like Neptune and Uranus' one? It sounds like a piece that could be in a musical.

I love that all the senshi seem alive. What with Jupiter hitting Moon in the back to cheer her up, the animation with their faces, emotions, body language. It's not perfect, but it's actually good?

And Makoto's "senpai"'s figure is like Mamoru without eyes. Seriously...

And even more 90s nostalgia with Pluto's Dead Scream attack (I love how she actually whispers it, I love random details). I'm also really satisfied with Tuxedo Kamen who, even though he doesn't fight much, he does protect (whatever his cape is made of, I want one).

As for episode 34. Well I liked it, somewhat xD So I don't know whether I'll keep watching as they come or if I'll wait till the season is over to continue the rest, but it's not so bad so far.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime27th May 2016, 4:51 pm

Finally got up with all the episodes. Gosh I love this seasons so much, it's practically everything I ever wanted. Can't wait for the next episode! 

Also I LOVE that they made the colors on SSM's skirt blended like how it is in the manga. It makes me very, very happy. Like a lot.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime28th May 2016, 9:49 pm

It's hair dye, guys.
Neo Queen Serenity dyes her hair.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it until Saturn lowers her Glaive and kills us.

Just got caught up on Sailor Moon Crystal today. Love it so much more than the first two seasons (and I liked the first two seasons more than most). Uranus talking about bills and patrons and Hotaru/Mistress 9/Saturn was the best part of the episode.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime28th May 2016, 11:31 pm

FINALLY CAUGHT UP WHOO!

I was a bit thrown off by her transforming into NQS instead of Princess Serenity too. No idea why they made the change. But what annoys me more then that is how she would call upon NQS to summon her "moon spiral heart attack." Sure, in the manga she did that. Once. Why they decided to have her do that every. single. time. is beyond me.

Aside from that, this episode turned out great! Dat hair hand tho

Also my annoyance/questions about why uranus sword changed was kinda squashed this ep. My assumption is that the 90s anime messed up the original idea for the hilt. Seeing the space sword shrunken down back to it's normal size made me feel better; and now I find I like THIS version of the space sword then the others. It can change from short sword to longsword? That's flippin SWEET.

This may sound a bit messed up, but I totally thought they would have chibiusa unconcious or in a coma after her broach got taken by mistress 9. Her being dead, and the only way her body was being kept stable till the soul returned by mamorus power was one of the key points that moved the plot along, at least in my opinion. It wouldn't have the same urgency if she were just knocked out, you know?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime31st May 2016, 11:05 am

One thing that I thought of when I read the manga version that I'm curious. Who here, (who remember the original anime), forgot about Mistress 9 for a moment until she awoke in this episode? Through most of the episode, we just heard about the threat of Sailor Saturn and then Chibi Moon goes to Hotaru, and then she changes and I was thinking 'Oh, right...forgot about her'.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 34 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top