The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18th October 2016, 7:54 pm

Aaah...have zero interest in watching it now. I wish they would also cast actresses who can sing a little better....that tux/moon song... ._. The outers song seemed pretty cool tho! The trio looked cool though I'm not a huge fan of how shiny they made Fisheye's costume. Ah well. Here's to hoping that Helios is amaaaaze. New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 1394610236
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18th October 2016, 8:03 pm

I wasn't exactly pleased with the singing either. The outers are amazing, and I'm loving the shiny fisheye! Can't wait to see the rest of the musical!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18th October 2016, 8:15 pm

I'm still kinda on the fence about watching it. On the one hand I'm super curious about the plot, but on the other hand the singing and acting makes it hard for me to suspend my sense of disbelief that and my brain won't stop telling my how the costume look so cheesy with all that shinny fabric.

I guess I'm just really not used to seeing 2D characters played by real people. New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 3978041997
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18th October 2016, 8:32 pm

mangaka-chan wrote:
I'm still kinda on the fence about watching it. On the one hand I'm super curious about the plot, but on the other hand the singing and acting makes it hard for me to suspend my sense of disbelief that and my brain won't stop telling my how the costume look so cheesy with all that shinny fabric.

I guess I'm just really not used to seeing 2D characters played by real people. New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 3978041997

Have you ever watched the original SuperS musicals? Costuming aside (it was pretty obnoxious at times in the old Myu), the singing and acting are on point and the story is different enough for it to be its own thing (Old Myu have their own canon anyone but thats another discussion). If you have never really been into the musical aspect of SM, I would highly recommend the SuperS ones which are 1995 Summer – Dream Soldiers – Love – Into Eternity… and its revision, 1996 Spring – Dream Soldiers – Love – Into Eternity… (Revised Edition) – The Saturn Resurrection Chapter. These musicals are what really hooked me into watching Myu and I always recommend them to those new to the musicals. I can direct you where to download and watch if you want. :3
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18th October 2016, 9:31 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
mangaka-chan wrote:

Have you ever watched the original SuperS musicals? Costuming aside (it was pretty obnoxious at times in the old Myu), the singing and acting are on point and the story is different enough for it to be its own thing (Old Myu have their own canon anyone but thats another discussion).  If you have never really been into the musical aspect of SM, I would highly recommend the SuperS ones which are 1995 Summer – Dream Soldiers – Love – Into Eternity… and its revision, 1996 Spring – Dream Soldiers – Love – Into Eternity… (Revised Edition) – The Saturn Resurrection Chapter.  These musicals are what really hooked me into watching Myu and I always recommend them to those new to the musicals. I can direct you where to download and watch if you want. :3

Thanks, Brit-chan! For me, I think it's just a general unfamiliarity with anime-based musicals that kinda throws me off (again, that weird thing about seeing a familiar 2D character as a real human being). Maybe seeing some more musicals will help get over the "erk?" factor.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime19th October 2016, 7:43 am

Trust me, I understand! PGSM was my first live action SM experience and I found it weird at first but eventually adjusted to it over time. I enjoy musicals in general enough that once I started really getting into the SM ones, I ate it up. So if you also like musicals, I think you can get into the the SM ones. I know a lot of fans praise the newer ones, but I've personally felt they aren't nearly up to par as the older ones in terms of the music, singing and acting. The only one I've felt did well enough was "La Reconquista" as that one felt fairly solid in terms of the story and a few of the actors.

Anywho...I'll get off my soap box and wait to watch this musical eventually. xD
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime19th October 2016, 8:19 am

Summary for the musical is out! You can find it here. Smile

Amour Eternal spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime19th October 2016, 9:24 am

Wow I'm reading this summary and there's a few scenes that seem like they were inspired from the original SuperS, the audition and bar scene in particular. Omg even Usagi is mopping! (Another scene from SuperS). After that beginning it seems to take more after the manga with the sickness and all that... The Pegasus interpretive dance sounds....odd. (I think i'd rather the light effects they used back in SuperS xD).

Looks like they kept the Circus performance after the intermission, but quite a bit different it seems.

....Ooooh I actually like the Dark Helios concept! I hope when I actually see it played out it's as good as it sounds. :O

SuperS and more Amour Spoilers:

It seems like this is an improvement story-wise over the previous ones so I guess I'll have to suck it up and watch Un Nouveau Voyage and then this one once it's recorded and translated. ^^; If only I could get past the off-key singing... >.>
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime17th January 2017, 5:12 am

So I finally saw it, months after I should have done it and I found it good. I found it better than the first three, the new actresses actually can sing (it's still not perfect, but hey, improvement is better than nothing). I miss the fact that Satomi could act and I'm not sure I like this moon's acting, but as I said... better than nothing.

I didn't cringe at all, it was cute, I was more emotionally invested in this one (whether this being because it's actually well-written or me being biased because I love Dreams) and seeing Helios was great.

It's also the only Hawk-Eye I likes beside Hikari, which is saying something.

It's actually giving me hopes that Stars (if made) will be done well.

(This musical also gave me a vibe of the Old Myu so the melancholy was very welcomed).

So that's about all I can say without spoiling, but I loved it. I know I say I loved them all and I defend the New Myus no matter what, but this one was better, didn't make me cringe at all (apart from the fact that Helios' canon cape-robe seems more like a dress than anything else, but that's not cringy it's just... costume problems).

Yay!
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 4:12 am

After 6 months of having the musical sit idly on my hard drive, I watched it! This is the first anime related musical I've ever seen, and I was apprehensive going in, because I was worried my suspension of disbelief and the amount of potential cheez would keep me from enjoying the musical. Thankfully, that didn't happen and I found myself enjoying most of the musical!

Besides adoring the Helios/ChibiUsa moments who's surprised? I'm impressed by the acrobatics, especially by members of the Dead Moon Circus. I appreciate that the writers took the route of the 90's anime and made the Amazon Trio sympathetic rather than the one-dimensional villain of the day they were in the manga. I do admit I was thrown off a bit by how different the plot is from the manga and the 90's anime, even though I had completely spoiled myself to the story of the musical long before I watched it. I felt like they took a middle ground approach with how Eternal Sailor Moon changed Nehelenia into a mortal, sort of a combination of the manga and 90's anime ending for her character. But I had to roll my eyes when Nehelenia gave her reason for why she hates the White Moon as "the light is evil!" Also, is it just me or does the actress who has the part of Sailor Moon have a bit of a weak voice? I couldn't hear her at all when she's singing a duet with Tuxedo Kamen? Other than that, I think the singing was alright. I can't say any of the songs stuck with me, but I enjoyed them while they were being performed.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 8:57 am

Oooh I bet since you liked that you'd like the original SuperS musicals! Amour Eternal seemed to take some plot ideas straight from the original ones, at least based on what I read about it (I still haven't watched it >.>). I've personally found the two newest moon's (Satomi and now this what Hotaru, right?) have had very poor singing ability, though Satomi seemed like she was approving and she was very good at the sing/talking type songs. I haven't really found any of the new Myu songs to really stick with me except for Line Up 5 Women of the White Moon. xD

It might be my bias, but the songs and singing talent in the original shows is much better and memorable. I find most of the songs to be timeless and not sounding too outdated, even 20 or so years later. I did watch some of the clips from the Anime Matsuri show which had some songs from the new show, I thought they were ok too but nothing amazing. I think what also helps with the older songs, just the music, not the lyrics, is that they are recorded by an orchestra rather than I'm sure some sort of digitalized stuff of the current music. I think for most musicals, I just prefer an orchestra in general.

Anywaaaay... >.> *gets off soap box* I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I hope you can enjoy the other shows. Very Happy It's just unfortunate we didn't get a proper Helios in the old musicals. Sad I bet if they had continued on, we may have.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 9:09 am

Brit-chan wrote:
I think what also helps with the older songs, just the music, not the lyrics, is that they are recorded by an orchestra rather than I'm sure some sort of digitalized stuff of the current music. I think for most musicals, I just prefer an orchestra in general.

THIS! I think that the songs from the more recent musicals would sound so much better when recorded by an actual orchestra. Without it, a lot of the songs feel kind of...empty to me, and pretty forgettable at times, though I wish they weren't. Though, issues with singing do play a role, as well.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th April 2017, 2:09 pm

I definitely agree the not-an-orchestra and singing quality have an effect but also the lack of official CDs make the music stand out less... even in some of the old myus people would sound off on certain parts in the performance itself but then you listen to the CD and it's better! Not being able to consistently listen to a quality version of the songs makes me not like them as much. Also, I find it funny; 5 Women of the White Moon is one of the few that stands out to me as well! I love how the background music changes a lot to fit who is singing, as well as pulling the lyrics straight from the manga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]   New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sailor Moon Musical Announced! [Autumn 2016]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top