The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 8:17 am

What did you think of this week's installment?

I noticed a slight change in the animation style which looks closer to that of the intro, and is a good balance between both animation styles.

The pacing of this episode was excellent.

Likewise, I noticed that my fan theory came true. ChibiUsa's "Crystal" is none other than Prism Power. She has yet to inherit the Silver Crystal.

I was a bit put off by the excessive transformation sequences. I thought they would have remedied that this season. Other than that, pretty good episode.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 8:49 am

Chibiusa never inherits the Silver Crystal. She has her own, the Pink Moon Crystal. That's what she uses to transform. It's just not called that yet.

I was bothered by the fact that they showed the whole transformations and speeches again. Just think how much new content they could have put instead of doing this lazy way... I hope they don't intend to do it in every episode because I thought last episode was just because of all the updates. -.-

This would all be exciting if I hadn't read the manga, right now it feels like things are moving slowly with nothing new to add.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 8:53 am

It was hilarious seeing funny faces from just about everyone in this episode (including Mamo-chan)! Also, Michiru wasn't bouncing a lemon on her violin as she was playing it that part in the 90/s anime was so random XD But yeah, the 5 minutes long transformation and speech sequence is starting to get a bit old. I literately left and went to brush my hair and do the dishes as they were going through that sequence. I did notice that the placement of the silver crystal in Chibi Moon's brooch has the same design as the manga, which makes me happy for some reason. XD;;

Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 8:57 am

Well, I read the manga a few months back, and I don't seem to recall that the Inner senshi had each developed some semblance of ESP. That was new to me.

I like how they highlighted Makoto's power being based in air/wood, as opposed to it being exclusively lightning/thunder based. Serves as a good way to make Haruka and her rivals, and join their respective mythologies to one another.

I appreciated how well they made both Haruka and Michiru stand-offish in this episode. Reminded me a lot of the way it's treated in the manga.
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 9:07 am

Right from the beginning of the episode it's clear that character development will be a staple in the season's repertoire. Looking back, the whole episode was mostly character development. 

That being said, I felt that not much happened. It reminded me of the pace taken by the 90's anime. Having seen two seasons where each episode was essentially crucial to the story, this episode felt like a filler in a way. Like East mentioned, I was slightly put off by the transformation sequences this episode since I felt that they slowed the pacing of the action. (I probably say this since I wanted as much Michiru screen-time as possible but in the long run I'm sure I won't have a problem with these sequences).

Having another episode where I could compare this season's animation style with the first two seasons, I'm now even more convinced that they made the right decision in hiring someone new. Although there are still some minor problems that are apparent but that aren't distracting as a whole.

A thought that basically summed up this episode for me:

*VIOLIN MUSIC BEGINS TO PLAY* Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1023433532 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1023433532 Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1023433532

(IT'S MICHIRU! SHE'S PLAYING!) Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 3150097195Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 3150097195Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 3150097195

(EVERYONE STFU AND BASK IN PERFECTION!) Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 473108418Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 428053968

(GIRL SLAY THEM WITH YOUR COLD EYES!) Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1644003999Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1286073631

YASSSS QUEEEN YASSSSSS! Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1984953407Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1394610236

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 9:09 am

east02west wrote:
Well, I read the manga a few months back, and I don't seem to recall that the Inner senshi had each developed some semblance of ESP. That was new to me.

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 052

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 053

If you're talking about those panels, it happened in the manga exactly like that.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 9:17 am

I stand corrected.

Strange how you miss little things like that. Even stranger that it's near word for word to the manga. o.O

I thought we'd see Setsuna in this episode when Usagi walked down into the corridor, but I guess I'm remembering another act from the manga.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 9:28 am

Chibiusa is such a little brat to Usagi in regards to Mamoru, it's hilarious. 

I don't remember Mamoru having a communicator in the manga. Nevermind yes he did but the animated one is cuter! 

Yah she's never going to give them that title even if they do succeed. Poor Witches 5 you're on a suicide mission. 

Overall, I liked this episode. I feel like they are adding small additional things that aren't in the manga and I wish they would continue with this and do more.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 9:38 am

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Mamoru's new gadget?

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] Cfxexx10

I think this is so cool!!!

1. I understand that the henshin sequence is to fill some time in the episode, but did they really need to do all of 6? why didn't just show chibi-usa only?
2. Mamoru's gadget, I just love it!
3. Some unnecessary funny moments, but funny is always welcome in my life. (not gonna lie, i'm so gonna use them to make more bunnies ;D )
4. Michiru's violin....I'M DONE! <3

Overall a slow paced episode because I already read the manga, next episode finally things get spicy! WOHO!
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 9:45 am

I don't really see the problem of them showing all the transformations again. They could've took the time to add something new but I think it's pretty clear Crystal is never going to deviate from the manga and I'm personally okay with that as long as they do the manga justice. I also didn't like how it ended. Neptune and Uranus showing up seemed cooler in the manga and here it just ended really...suddenly I guess? With that said:

THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZING. THE CUTE FACES WERE AMAZING. USAGI AND CHIBS ARGUING WAS AMAZING. MAMORU BEING A DORKY DAD WAS AMAZING. THE ANIMATION WAS AMAZING. A+ Crystal.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 11:15 am

east02west wrote:
I was a bit put off by the excessive transformation sequences. I thought they would have remedied that this season. Other than that, pretty good episode.
Sadly, it seems that this anime is following the original anime's habit of using the transformation sequences to chew spare time.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 11:17 am

Lots of anime's do this. Digimon did full evolution sequences all the time. It's pretty much just a way to save money and be lazy.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 11:23 am

This was another great episode.  I loved all the funny faces at the beginning and Chibi-usa bragging about talking on the phone with Mamoru and keeping her conversation secret from Usagi.  The scene at the amusement park was so cute and I was glad they kept Chibi-usa's friends as Mamoru and Umino look alikes.  It was also great seeing Mamoru and Asanuma interacting together and I love that Chibi-usa and Momo were braver than all the guys, including Mamoru, about riding the roller coaster.  Usagi using the disguise pen to turn into a Mugen academy student was so cute and I loved the return of stock transformation footage for it.  I was really impressed by Hotaru's new VA and she sounded just like her old Japanese VA to me.  The music they played while Hotaru healed Chibi Moon's wounds was so beautiful but kind of creepy at the same time.  On the other hand, I kind of prefer the violin music Michiru played in the 90s anime over the piece she's using in Crystal.  It's just so iconic that I always associate that piece from the 90s show with Michiru but I'm sure I'll get used to this new piece for her in time.  But can Mihciru realistically play so loudly everyone in the building seem to be able to hear it?  ^^;; I also love that Mamoru has his own communication watch and it's super cute and I hope there will be a toy of it soon.  We need more Tuxedo Mask merch!
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 5:58 pm

I thought this episode was decent. I loved the moment when Chibi-usa went to find her hat and Mamoru was like, you let her go and he takes off to find her. Total papa moment. I also loved all the faces and typical anime things we saw with all the ad lib side stuff.

I am bummed about the moon rod, I loved how it came to be much more in the 90s anime....but this is keeping close to the manga, so what can you do. I also forget how much I dislike Haruka and Michiru in the beginning. They come off as not very nice at all....very moon turdish imo but I think its mostly because they dont want the rebirth to happen. 

I hope I will like them more as time progresses, but as of now the only harumichi i like are in myu.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject:    Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 6:39 pm

This episode was great! Loved the funny faces from Usagi and Chibiusa! Especially when Chibiusa blew Usa away that was literally the best. :3

I'm also loving the animation as well, especially when the setting turns to dusk. I thought the characters looked stunning during those moments. 

I'm not surprised that they're playing the whole transformation sequence again, seems like something they'd do. I'm just hoping from now on they'll decrease its appearances since Infinity gets DEEP after this episode. 

What I am worried about however is if they'll keep prompting Usagi to do her attack. I don't know if I'm just picky but I expect Usagi by now to attack on her own will. Like she doesn't need the others to tell her to do it, she's used to this stuff by now. As for the inners, they're attacks were great but I miss the dynamic scenes we got in the previous seasons, and while short, gave a nice change to what we saw in the 90s anime. Here I mostly saw stock footage, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited by PrincesseNee on 11th April 2016, 6:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 6:40 pm

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1394610236 OMG THE WITCHES. THEY ALL LOOK SO ADORABLE! Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 1394610236
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 914f0e74024288ec607cdff1108b8f88
Gotta love how they're all casually chilling up in the sky while the daimon-possessed cat wreaks havoc. Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 3884866259 They're off to a good start, as far as getting a fair share of screen time goes. Razz

I'm digging all of these facial expressions! XD And omg the fight scenes. I can't forget about those. Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 3150097195 The animation is much more fluid. I loved how the daimon moved about!

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I was bothered by the fact that they showed the whole transformations and speeches again. Just think how much new content they could have put instead of doing this lazy way... I hope they don't intend to do it in every episode because I thought last episode was just because of all the updates. -.-
Omg same! I'll admit, the transformation sequences are really pretty to look at (though at times, they seem a bit jumpy/choppy to me, but maybe it's because of the stream?), I just don't want to sit through all of them transforming for 5 minutes (and then blabbing their mouths off at the enemy with the same dialogue for another 2 minutes) every episode. XD;
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 6:59 pm

Even though I agree I could do without everyone getting a long transformation, I did like that Chibi Moon finally got a full transformation scene.  She didn't ever get one in the 90s anime until the S movie and the TV show just gave her this cheap 30 second still footage sequence.  Giving her her own full length transformation makes her feel more like part of the team and a serious member of the group instead of just being there for comic relief.  I can't wait to see Chibi Moon use Pink Sugar Heart Attack in Crystal.
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 1:18 pm

Haruka and Michiru were portrayed perfectly in this episode and literally everything has exceeded my expectations!

Chibimoon's transformation is absolutely precious just look at this

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 6:20 pm

Okay so! I think I feel about the same as everyone. I'm loving the more "filler"esqueness of these two episodes as we've gotten much more character interaction and what not. Love all the silly faces and emotions and Moon and Chibimoon having a tough time in battle. xD

-Still finding it kinda boring, but its making up with teh other stuff
-LOVED MAMORU'S COMMUNICATOR I WANT ONE *makes grabby hands*
-I felt the transformations were a bit unnecessary too (especially since i find them only okay??)...like at least in the 90s anime they didn't always show EVERYONES transfromation. And I've become horribly spoiled with PGSMs treatment of not doing it every episode.
-THOUGH HAVE TO SAY CHIBIUSA'S HENSHIN WAS ADORABLE (Thanks for those screenshots)
-Less direct from Manga dialogue please. But i guess theres no stopping that Sad

Keep at it SMC III. You're making me a believer again.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 7:32 pm

Goddess above, this episode was beautiful.

Some thoughts:
1. Hotaru's voice actress sounds so close to the original that I was weeping openly.
2. I love that we got to hear the voices of all the Witches 5. Mimete sounds especially close to the original. One of the (few) travesties of the original anime is the dust paid to Tellu, Viluy, and Cyprine/Ptilol.
3. My headcanon is that Michiru was playing a song from their past lives, a magical melody of the Moon Kingdom. That is why they all reacted to the song, but no one else on the grounds of Mugen Academy was so drawn in.
4. The only sadness for me is that the remaining manga chapters looks to return to 1 chapter = 1 episode.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Jaawsshhh
Pyramidal Crystal

Jaawsshhh

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 7:50 pm

I think they did the transformations and speeches again so they could showcase Chibimoon as well. I'm hoping next week they just do quick transformations.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 9:32 pm

this ep. was pretty good.  also i'm soo loving the once a week already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime13th April 2016, 12:28 am

It's interesting to compare episode two of season three to episode two of the first season.  With the first season, we were already beginning to see the animation quality start to drop some in the second episode, particularly with some of the faces in some scenes.  So far I haven't seen such a noticeable drop in quality yet for episode two of season three, so hopefully this is a positive sign for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime13th April 2016, 3:21 am

OuterHarmonie23 wrote:
Goddess above, this episode was beautiful.

Some thoughts:
2. I love that we got to hear the voices of all the Witches 5. Mimete sounds especially close to the original.
Ooooh! Really? I didn't notice. Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 3186387542  I'll have to go back and listen!

Jaawsshhh wrote:
I think they did the transformations and speeches again so they could showcase Chibimoon as well. I'm hoping next week they just do quick transformations.
That's actually a good point. Hopefully that was the case. Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime13th April 2016, 7:26 pm

Chibimoon's transformation is so cute! ♡ 

And Kaolinite is gorgeous! I love how they chose to go with her manga style as leader of the Witches 5! I can't wait to see Professor Tomoe Smile
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime18th April 2016, 7:57 am

I noticed they seemed to cut down time on Usagi's and Chibiusa's tranformation sequences, and made the Senshi's longer. Just my observation. It was also just a really great episode, I'm excited for today's.
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime21st May 2016, 12:06 am

I guess it serves me well that I still to this day haven't read the Sailor Moon manga, so all of this is brand new to me.

My favorite part of the episode has to be this:
Spoiler:

That is just the best reaction ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 28 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top