The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Advanced] Listen to Your Heart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

[Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th May 2015, 10:06 am

Lyra continued licking at her ice cream happily, looking up at her parents and glancing between them. At her mothers question, she glanced between them once more before she spoke up. “Could we walk for a little, then find somewhere to sit down? Then I can answer any questions papa has, and any other questions you have mama. I mean Usagi.” She looked vaguely unhappy at her constant messing up. How could anyone get used to calling their parent by name?

She remembered distantly the pink girl had and with practiced ease, and it made her scowl mentally. Something definitely had to be wrong with that girl...and what was with her hair anyway? Why was it so puffy? She reached up a moment, gently playing with one of her pigtails, as sleek as her mother and father's hair. At least she looked like her parents. That girl looked more like a stranger playing pretend to fit in. Lyra was quite certain in her mind that the girl didn't even have the royal crescent mark, something Lyra herself had been born with and had learned how to hide it at will when she was a child.

Yes, she was most certain she was better than that girl in probably every possible way. How was she going to convince everyone else that though..? Well except her father of course. She gave him a fond glance for a moment. He obviously recognized that she was quite worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th May 2015, 4:54 am

[Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 8mZMkTV

“Of course, that sounds good,” Usagi replied to Lyra’s request. “There’s a park nearby that’s quite nice for picnics; I’m sure there will be lots of places to sit there.” Seeing Lyra stumble with her name, Usagi instinctively put her hand on the girl’s head comfortingly. “It’s okay, you can call me whatever you want when we’re alone.” She smiled, her entire being wanting nothing more than to make this girl as happy as possible. She felt as if she never got the chance to be a mother with Chibiusa—well, she would someday—but in this era, Chibiusa viewed her more like a big sister because she met Usagi when Usagi herself was still very young. But it was different with Lyra.

She started licking the ice cream, trying to enjoy this little impromptu family outing. The word had slipped into her mind without her realizing it; family. And immediately she felt guilty because she already had a family. Why couldn’t I have both? Her own selfishness reared up its head. It was nice and easy for everyone because they were only on one side of the equation. She was the only one stuck in between, with one foot on one side and another in the other. She was the legendary soldier, damn it. She was going to have it all if that was the last thing she did. She’d always saved everyone. She wouldn’t start failing now, and especially not her own daughter.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th May 2015, 11:44 am

[Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 2393257330

Chibiusa smiled back at Mamoru. She followed him to the door to put on her shoes, feeling a lightness once again that she didn't think would appear again so soon after Lyra's arrival. As the exited the apartment building, she actually felt excited for the day. After all, she was spending a beautiful day with one of her two favorite people in the world outside in the sunshine. The thought of properly enjoying sweets made the day's prospects even better! The city was pulsing with life today and she felt as if she was seeing everything with new eyes. It was amazing how the prospect of disappearing forever made the present seem that much more vibrant.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime19th May 2015, 8:14 am

Lyra smiled in relief at Usagi's words, nodding a bit. “Thank you, mama. It's just...disrespectful to you for me to call you by your name...except I know no one else can know that I’m your daughter. It could make trouble. And you and papa taught me to be respectful, always.” now she turned, more happy as she began walking again, still in her place in between her parents.

She couldn't dwell on negative things with a delicious ice cream cone in front of her, and most of her focus became centered on walking without running into anything, or anyone, and licking up the melted ice cream drips before they could dribble all over her hands. By time they had reached the park, she was nearly half done and could focus more on the scenery.

She looked around, smiling at the beautiful full green trees and green grass. She could see a playground in the distance, with children clambering all over it while their parents watched over them, and teenagers playing with a frisbee in a field, or else flying kites high in the clear sky. It was perfect, and she looked up to her parents, giving both of them a wide happy grin, her eyes full of love equally for the both of them.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime20th May 2015, 6:57 pm

[Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 2VO6P17

Seiya couldn't help but shake his head in disbelief at how much alike Lyra was with Usagi. With everything this kid did, it became more and more apparent that she really was Usagi's daughter. After Usagi got her ice cream, Seiya led the way outside. He didn't have to decide whether or not they stayed at the parlor - Lyra wanted to go for a walk, and so Seiya was fine with it. He wanted to make her feel as comfortable as possible during this time. He knew how awkward and intimidating it could be to arrive at a new place for the first time.

As he glanced back at Usagi, Seiya couldn't help but worry for her. He could tell she wasn't quite herself, and he didn't blame her. With everything happening in such a short amount of time, Usagi's head was probably spinning with doubts and worries. He wanted to cheer her up and to bring back the excited light that had faded from her eyes, and it made him sad that he hadn't been able to do that just yet. But he wasn't going to give up. With Lyra by his side, Seiya was sure they would be able to give Usagi the confidence she needed. 

Seiya felt a pair of eyes on him, and he averted his gaze to his future daughter. She was looking at him with pleasant eyes - ones that made him feel like he was doing something right. Seiya smiled at her, feeling a strange urge to hug her. 

As Seiya finished the last bite of his ice cream cone (he was a fast eater), he knelt down on one knee so that he was facing Lyra again. "Before we start any more explanations, I want you both," Seiya looked up at Usagi, "to know that we are going to get through this together. I made the mistake of thinking that some things in life just weren't possible in the past, and there is no way I'm making that mistake again. I know it seems hard now, but there's always a solution. A very close friend taught me that." At the reference, Seiya winked at Usagi and stood up, stretching his back by reaching his arms towards the sky. 

They would get through this. They were family now, after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime23rd May 2015, 12:05 pm

For a long time, Usagi just focused on the sweet taste of her ice cream, her brain intentionally blanking out her problems. She pretended this was just a normal day. She pretended she was with… her other family. That everything was fine. The park was the perfect place for a family, and as they passed other parents, she could see some of them eyeing them curiously, probably wondering whether she and Seiya were supposed to be Lyra’s older siblings or something else, because the way Lyra looked at them was obviously the way a child would look at her parents.

As she nibbled on the bottom scoop, having devoured the top one, she watched as Seiya knelt in front of Lyra, blinking when he looked up at her, too. She tried to understand what he was saying. Some things weren’t possible? What was he on about? She was glad that he was sure there was a solution, because she wanted to believe the same thing too, but what was the solution? It seemed so far the only person who would know the answer—Pluto—was unreachable.

“Seiya-kun…” she said softly, eyeing him uncertainly. “This may be the odd time to be asking this, but didn’t you say you had someone that you love when we last met?” she asked. She still had no clear idea about his feelings; he seemed pretty into this whole family thing, but that would mean… he was okay with them being together too? But she didn’t even know he liked her that way.
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime23rd May 2015, 12:18 pm

Lyra beamed back at Seiya when he smiled to her, then came to a stop as he did. She blinked at him a little as he knelt down, her ice cream cone still little more than half done with. She listened as he spoke, and smiled with something akin to relief. Her father firmly believed that everything would be alright, though she was still worried it seemed to be something her mother was unsure of.

She herself was curious as to what he would have considered impossible before, but decided that she would try asking later at a more private time, and enjoy the day for now. And explain things to him. When he mentioned being taught there was always a way through things, and the way he winked at Usagi, it made her giggle a little.

Then she turned her attention to Usagi and blinked to see the...confusion? In her face. Then she asked the question and she looked swiftly between her mother and father. He had mentioned loving someone? But she could have sworn she had seen affection and warm feelings directed at her mother from Seiya. Was he in love with someone else though?

Her stomach clenched uncomfortably as the implications of such a situation ran through her mind, only able to think how much more difficult that would make everything with both of her parents loving someone else, and yet one of them loving the other as well. She had no idea what was going on anymore, and became even more lost on what she could do to save herself and her future. She looked up at Seiya, mild but slowly growing fear and confusion on her face and in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 4:30 pm

Seiya paused. He blinked, dumbfounded, at Usagi. Why did she have to ask him that question now? Couldn't it have waited until they were alone, and not in front of their daughter? Now he was practically set up to confess his love for her in a non-romantic way that would probably creep her out and scare her or something. 

Seiya stood, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Yeah. I did," he said simply. Maybe Usagi wouldn't ask for any more information if he left it at that. He just wasn't ready to tell her yet. To be honest, he was surprised she hadn't figured it out on her own by now, but then again it was Usagi.

If he was going to tell her, which he would, it would have to be special. She deserved that.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 4:58 am

As soon as Usagi spoke the question, she knew she had made a terrible mistake. Seeing Lyra’s crestfallen expression, and then Seiya’s, she felt like mentally punching herself. Why did she always do this? Why was she always so dumb? How many times had the other girls told her that she shouldn’t just speak whatever crossed her mind? She was just so… confused and she felt so alone and responsible for this huge impossible decision and just so overwhelmed. And she didn’t even know where Seiya stood other than the fact that he apparently supported this future despite the fact that he’d never once told her he cared about her that way.

She knew enough to not ask for more information when he didn’t volunteer any, and nodded. “I’m sorry. That was… dumb. I…” Tears threatened to blur her eyes and she forced a smile. “I think you both probably need to talk. You must have a lot of questions, right? I’ve spent so much time with her already… it’s your turn now. I… I’m just going to have a little walk and come back in a few minutes, okay?”

Without waiting for anyone’s answer, Usagi rushed away from them, throwing what remained of her ice cream in the trash as she went. She began to cry in earnest now, the burden of the choice finally truly crashing on her shoulders, and she couldn’t suppress the emotions anymore. She’d been so good and strong for the past 24 hours, but now she just… needed to let it all out. She tried to restrain her sobs in order not to alarm any passersby and hid behind a tree that was big enough to cover her. She sat down on the ground and buried her face in her hands, thinking about all the people that she loved and the ones whose lives hung in the balance.

Mamoru and Chibiusa. Seiya and Lyra. One of her daughters was going to die and she just couldn’t deal with it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 8:33 am

Lyra continued to stare up worried at her parents, her breathing hitched a little. But she knew her father. The three of them were bound so closely, they always had been. She could see it in his eyes, the hurt he hid there. She felt her stomach unknoting as she realized he really did love her mother, but he hadn't told her yet. And judging from her mother's reactions, she didn't realize it. She felt something akin to relief and had to keep herself from heaving a little sigh.

But then when she looked back to Usagi, she saw the shininess in her eyes, a tell tale sign of tears coming. She opened her mouth to say something, but then the blonde took off, throwing away her ice cream. She stared after her quietly, then looked up at her father. She had a knowing look in her eyes, as if this happened enough for her to be used to it, concern for her mother in her face. “We're going after her like we always do, aren't we?” she asked. She didn't wait, or need to wait, for an answer before she tossed her ice cream away and ran after Usagi.

All she had to do was follow the strange looks, whisperings, and faint sounds from a voice she had known all her life. She eventually made her way to the tree, and slowed, walking to the back of it. She looked down sadly at her mother breaking down. She fell to her knees and hugged Usagi tightly, her cheek pressed against hers, and she whispered softly in Usagi's ear. “I love you mama. You're the best and strongest person in the whole world, in the past or future. I’m sorry you have to feel so sad...I'm really sorry mama.”
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 11:27 am

Chibiusa was smiling contentedly as she and Mamoru wandered around the paths of the park, inhaling the warm, comfortable air deeply. Her stomach growled slightly in anticipation of the ice cream, despite the delicious breakfast they had shared that morning in Mamoru's kitchen. Maybe there was hope for a quick resolution, the day seemed too good to turn sour.

And then a scene erupted so shatter this optimistic fantastical:

Usagi came running seemingly out of nowhere, beginning to cry. She stood frozen, watching where Usagi went. Before Chibiusa could run after her to discover what was wrong, she saw Lyra run past in a rapid sprint.

Chibiusa saw red, thinking either Lyra or Seiya had done something to upset and began following Lyra without waiting for Mamoru. She planned to start shouting at Lyra when she reached them, demanding answers as to why Usagi was crying and what Lyra had done, but stopped herself when she observed Lyra holding and comforting Usagi next to a tree.

She suddenly felt like she was up to her neck in guilt. While she loved Usagi more than anyone else, they had never really shared such a tender, vulnerable moment together except when fighting enemies. But this girl wasn't some enemy bent on destroying the world or stealing the silver crystal. She was just a girl, unstuck in time, forging a bond with the woman who would become mother to one of them in, what Chibiusa thought, a way that would result in Lyra's future being chosen. Slowly she walked away, too numb at the thought to cry right away.

Last edited by OuterHarmonie23 on 28th May 2015, 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 12:33 pm

[Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 411z2dR
Mamoru and Chibiusa were walking along the paths in the park, when they both saw Usagi running passed them. She looked like she was crying. Soon after, he saw Lyra run after her and before he knew it Chibiusa was running after her as well. He tried to catch up quickly before another fight between the two broke out. He caught up to them just as Chibiusa got to them. It seemed like Chibiusa was about to start a fight, but then she stopped herself. He saw Chibiusa walk away sadly and he ran over to her. "Chibiusa! What's wrong?" He said to her. He didn't know what to do.

Last edited by Princess Luna on 28th May 2015, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th May 2015, 5:20 am

Chibiusa stared at the ground, not noticing where she was walking, until Mamoru's voice pulled her out of her thoughts. She looked up at him and had trouble finding the words to explain what she was feeling. She almost said that Usagi already loved Lyra better, but knew Mamoru would refute that instantly. Still she couldn't help feeling like this strange girl from an alternate future had already worked her way into Usagi's heart. Despite all they had overcome, Chibiusa wasn't certain how Usagi could find a way to overcome this situation.

"Mamo-chan, look," she said finally, pointing to Lyra holding the sobbing Usagi.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st June 2015, 6:04 pm

Mamoru stared at Chibiusa and when she'd finally spoke she pointed over to Usagi and Lyra. Lyra seemed to be trying to comfort Usagi and Mamoru guessed that, that upset Chibiusa. She seemed almost defeated. "Chibiusa, why don't we go over to Usagi and see if she's okay?" Mamoru said. He knew it was hard for Chibiusa to see Lyra comforting Usagi. He would have felt the same way if it had been Seiya. Mamoru thought, Maybe we can show Usagi that we are still here for her. We can help her get through this. Mamoru was sure that somehow, someway, things would work out. Or at least he hoped so.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2015, 12:04 am

Usagi sometimes wished she didn’t always carry the burden of the world on her shoulders. She had saved it too many times, surely, by this point. Sometimes at the cost of the lives of others. The lives of the people she loved. Even in the future, she still had to somehow become queen and take care of the world. It had always been one of the things that intimidated her about it. Knowing that one day she would literally govern a city, a country, maybe the entire world, who knew. Even she knew that wasn’t going to be all fun and games. But the family she got out of it, the happiness that was promised in the form of a husband and a daughter, both of them being alive and whole was supposed to be the ultimate reward.

And now she might not even get that.

Or she would get it at the expense of another family who also belonged to her.

It was unfair. And sometimes she really wanted to yell at the universe to maybe quit torturing her for a little bit and just leave her be. How many times did she have to save the world before she would get the peace and happiness she deserved?

The feeling of someone’s arms around her jolted her from her dark thoughts, and she looked up slowly to see Lyra beside her. This girl she didn’t know who seemed to know her better than even herself, who loved her unconditionally despite her flaws for reasons that Usagi could never comprehend. Her faith seemed unshaken even though Usagi had just shown how weak she could be, how she didn’t have it all figured out or put together. What a disappointing mother she actually was.

Lyra’s comfort and faith in her made her want to cry some more because she couldn’t deal with the thought of failing this little girl. “I don’t know how to save you both,” she admitted in between sobs. “I am not strong, and I am not… all-powerful. I’m terrified I will lose you and it will be my fault.”
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2015, 7:24 am

Lyra sat down next to Usagi, still hugging her tightly, as if she intended to never to let go, acting like a rock against the storm of emotions she was feeling. Yes, it was strange for her to see her mother so broken down, her face streaked with tears. But she had been taught by her parents that it was good to cry, it allowed you to get out all the negativity you could be feeling, and was not a sign of weakness.

And that was the reason Lyra could still look at Usagi with eyes full of love and admiration, and guilt for what she was making her mother feel. It was her fault, she had come to the past and unexpected found Usagi with another man and another girl. She had honestly thought instead she would simply find her parents having some kind of fight in their youth. Obviously her mother had thought her future already planned out, and she had shattered that.

But what choice did she have? She was ever the proactive sort of person, she couldn't just sit by, worried and haunted by the words of that Pluto woman, while Diana tried fruitlessly to help her feel better. She felt a pang as she realized now she had left without saying a word to Diana. What must she, and her parents be feeling right now? They would be so worried about her. She gulped quietly and shook her head, then looked to Usagi as she began speaking. She listened as she admitted she didn't know how to save both of them, and that she wasn't strong, and all these words she didn't believe a second.

She gave Usagi a loving smile, and only hugged her tighter, once against resting her cheek against Usagi's. “Silly mama. Of course you're not all powerful and all knowing...you're a human. But you're an extraordinary human. You can do so many things other people can't, or don't even dream of. Papa says it all the time. You're a bright light, and you chase away shadows of all kind. You're the light of possibilities and hope. You might not know what to do now, but I know you can figure it out.” Though as she spoke, she had to swallow the bitterness at having to basically say that she could save that other girl.

There was a selfish part of her that wanted Usagi to just choose her father already, so she could be the one to follow in her parents footsteps. There was a prideful thought in her heart that remained, that she was still so much better than that other girl. But after what had happened the last time she tried to explain how she was better, she decided to keep her mouth shut and focus on helping her mother to stop crying.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd June 2015, 4:43 am

Chibiusa could only nod in agreement with Mamoru. A lump had formed in her throat and she couldn't make a sound. As much as she was repelled by Lyra's presence, she knew they had to go over and check on Usagi. Today she was relying on Mamo-chan's ability to always know what to say to Usagi in order to make her feel even a little bit better because even if she could make words, she had no idea what she could say. She also didn't have the fire to argue with Lyra again at the moment, though that could be awakened easily, but she didn't want to for Usagi's sake.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th June 2015, 6:16 am

Seiya looked down at Lyra and nodded, smiling at the way they both knew what to do. As he jogged after the young girl, Seiya couldn't help but worry about Usagi. She wasn't herself, and when Usagi wasn't herself, things had taken a turn for the absolute worst. It made Seiya sad that no matter what he tried to do, it still didn't seem to do much good. 

He bet Mamoru could make her feel better. 

Clenching his fists, Seiya attempted to calm himself down as he stopped jogging and approached Lyra and Usagi. Without making his presence known, he leaned against the tree and listened to the words exchanged by his future wife and daughter - he would never grow tired of saying that. 

Seiya was at a loss for words. But he knew he had to do something. 

So he sat down by Usagi and Kyra and wrapped his arms around them both, sharing all of the comfort, confidence, and love that he could.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th June 2015, 6:30 am

Lyra’s words did comfort Usagi this time, and the way she spoke of how Seiya apparently described her in the future… it brought warmth to her heart. Someone who’s able to do things other people can’t even dream of. Was that truly what he thought of her? Once again the way Mamoru doubted she could solve this flashed in her memory, and her chest hurt. How was she supposed to save everyone if not everyone had faith in her?

Someone else’s arms wrapped around her, and Usagi looked up in surprise to see Seiya had joined them. He was saying nothing, but the presence was enough. Here, warm and surrounded by people who supported her unconditionally, Usagi truly felt like a part of a family. And it only strengthened her resolve that she had to save them. No one was dying or disappearing, not on her watch. Not if she had anything to say about it.

“Thank you,” she whispered to them both, brushing away her tears. “Thank you for still being here for me even though sometimes I’m stupid, and a crybaby, and all those other things…”

She just wished she knew where Seiya stood, because that was one part that still confused her. If he was in love with someone else, she didn’t want to force him to have this future, even if he seemed like he wanted it. And how was she supposed to save Lyra without him in the picture anyway? All these things just kept whirling in her mind like a mess of tangled threads that she couldn’t unravel because she was missing all the important pieces.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime5th June 2015, 1:09 pm

After Chibiusa nodded in agreement Mamoru grabbed his daughter's hand and started to walk over to Usagi. As they walked over he saw Seiya join the two and then hold Usagi. Mamoru was growing angry and it took every fiber of his being not to rush over there and pull them apart. He knew that wouldn't make anything better, in fact that could make everything worse. They had to all learn to live with the fact that in different universes Usagi had picked another. 

After taking a deep breath Mamoru walked up to the three of them and gently put his hand on Usagi's head. "Usako." Mamoru said, "Are you okay?" He smiled gently hoping to calm Usagi, as well as mask his pain at the situation.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime5th June 2015, 1:43 pm

Chibiusa complied when Mamoru took her hand to head over to Usagi and Lyra. Her heart sank however when she saw Seiya join the hugging pile and she looked up at Mamoru as they walked. She saw pain flash across his face for a split second, echoing her own feelings, but then the expression was gone and he seemed resolved to still join them. 

When they arrived at the tree, she followed suit, placing her hand on Usagi's shoulder as far away from Lyra as possible. She was afraid of what Lyra would do to her if they actually made physical contact.
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime5th June 2015, 3:45 pm

Lyra smiled to see her father joining in the hug, and snuggled with her mother a bit, rubbing her cheek against Usagi's gently. “It's okay mama. You taught me it's not a sign of weakness to cry. So I don't think any less of you for crying, just like you wouldn't think less of me.” She paused a moment before speaking quietly to Seiya and Usagi. “I kind of want to cry. I miss home...and I miss Diana. I was trying to help her figure out how to switch between her human and cat form, before I...I left. And I miss MY aunts...Aunt Haruka is gonna be so mad at me. She told me I have to have a training session every day to keep myself fit as a senshi..and I-I haven't done any training since I got here.” her voice took on a tone of dawning guilt, and she looked down a little.

Then she saw feet, and heard a male voice. She looked up to see that other man and the pink girl. Her arms tightened around Usagi a little without her realizing it, and she kept her cheek against Usagi's. She gave them a look that was somewhat akin to a glare but not quite. She obviously was not happy about them being there, her red eyes almost even slightly accusing. After all, they were a threat to her existance. But she kept her mouth shut. At least they were trying to comfort Usagi, a very small mark of positive favor towards them in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th June 2015, 9:07 am

Usagi didn’t expect to feel yet another person’s touch, but when she did, she looked up to see Mamoru’s smiling face. Her expression broke into joy at the sight of him. “Mamo-chan,” she said tearfully. “You’re still here.”

She thought he had abandoned her, had blamed her for this mess and maybe even decided he didn’t want to be with her anymore. When it came to him, it seemed Usagi was always haunted by the paranoia and fear of losing him. Even now, she wondered… had he come to her only for Chibiusa’s sake? So that Chibiusa wouldn’t disappear? She quivered in fear at the thought that in the future they might stay together just to ensure their daughter’s existence, that it would be a loveless relationship. He still loved her, right?

“I’m alright. Now that you’re all here.” She wiped away her tears and smiled at Chibiusa. To see her family—families even—all here supporting her was both strengthening her and giving her the burden of knowledge that even if they all had faith in her, she could still fail them.

Listening to Lyra was hard; she had a whole life out there that she had abandoned knowing she might never come back. She wanted so badly to just send the girl home to her happy life, but could Lyra be happy with this knowledge that her life could suddenly end at any moment? Could she go back to her life knowing everything precious to her might suddenly disappear as if they never existed?

“Has any of you been able to make contact with Pluto?” she asked hopefully. “She’s our only hope to figure out how to fix this.”
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th June 2015, 11:28 am

Seiya leaned away from Usagi when Mamoru and Chibiusa approached, feeling his body grow cold and tense. The hairs on his arms stood on end as he suddenly felt angry. Here was Mamoru, the man who hadn't believe in what Usagi was capable of. And their daughter...it was Seiya's first time seeing her, and he wondered how on Earth they were related. Her hair was pink. Did Mamoru dye his hair black or something? Was he secretly a cotton-candy-haired freak?

Resisting the urge to say something snide, Seiya stood and extended his hand for Mamoru to take. "Chiba, we meet again. Sorry it's not on better circumstances." He looked down at Chibiusa, smiling slightly to cover up the inner agony at seeing Usagi's daughter with another man. "You must be Chibiusa. Usagi has said lots of great things about you. I'm Seiya."
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th June 2015, 2:22 pm

Lyra was hurt to see the joy on Usagi's face when she realized Mamoru and Chibiusa were there. Once again, that nagging fearful certainty that if it came down to a choice, she would choose them. She glanced over at her father, and could see the tenseness in him. Obviously he felt similar to her, which perversely made her feel a little bit better, and she couldn't help but want to giggle at the emotions she could see in his face when he laid eyes on the pinky girl, but she resisted the urge. She didn't want to start another fight, even if she was sure she would be able to finish it favorably. She worried it would push her mother away again, towards the other future.

She watched as he stood up, extending a hand to shake with Mamoru. It would remain to be seen if the other black haired man could be as big, or if he would give Seiya the cold shoulder as she had gotten. But it was a dagger to her heart when she heard her nickname on his lips, directed at the other girl. She bit her bottom lip a little before she spoke up. “I never got the chance to tell you, papa...My nickname is Chibiusa too. But mama asked me to go by Lyra here, so no one would get confused. And I'd do anything mama asked me to do.” she gave Usagi a slightly tremulous smile. She wanted him to know, even if maybe he wouldn't call her her proper nickname. A part of her wanted to cry at remembering that she didn't go by Lyra with her family. She missed being called by her nickname by everyone she knew.

She already felt like she was being replaced by the pink daughter, with every second that passed. And it made her feel even more desperate to establish that she existed, at least for now.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime9th June 2015, 9:44 am

Chibiusa took note of Lyra's expression when she looked up at their arrival. She did her best to not display a reaction in response; she was tired of Lyra being on the offensive. Chibiusa didn't really want to fight but Lyra had been so hostile since her arrival the day before. It dawned on her in that second that Lyra was being as difficult toward her, if not more so, than she had been to Usagi when she first landed in this time. Admittedly, she hadn't known Usagi was the past form of her mother when she arrived and she was being pursued by the Black Moon Clan, but she hadn't exactly been the nicest which would have helped solve the situation faster (not that she would ever admit as much to Usagi).

Chibiusa looked up at the dark haired man when he spoke to her and blushed slightly. She suddenly understood why millions of people had gone wild over the Three Lights when they were actively making music on Earth. This guy had to be Seiya, even though his demeanor seemed chillier than she had heard about. There was something about him that drew you in and made you want to keep paying attention. She began to mumble, "Hi, nice to m--" but Lyra cut her off to explain to her father that Chibiusa was Lyra's nickname in the future.

In the future...

Her mind began turning again as she looked back at Lyra. Chibiusa wasn't her nickname in the 30th Century; Small Lady is what everyone called her there. Perhaps she and Lyra had more common ground than either had thought. Maybe there was hope she could get through to Lyra to have a more civil conversation if not outright pleasant interactions. She had actually disappeared once, briefly, when Nehelenia almost won and could never forget what that felt like. She wanted to spare both Lyra and herself that fate if she could help it. Maybe trying to get along, daughters and fathers, would be the next step in figuring out this impossible decision if they weren't at each other's throats all the time trying to prove who was more worth saving. 

She decided to send out one retort as a nugget to put Lyra on the same path.
"Well Chibiusa isn't my name in the 30th Century. In Crystal Tokyo, everyone calls me Small Lady. I had to get used to this nickname when it was given to me here," she replied removing the harshness from her tone after the first sentence.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime22nd June 2015, 10:42 am

Nobody had answered her question about Pluto, which unsettled her. It probably meant they couldn’t reach her. She stiffened when Seiya offered his hand to Mamoru; would Mamoru take it? Seiya introduced himself to Chibiusa too, and Usagi tried not to wonder how weird this must be for everyone.

Chibiusa then explained that her nickname wasn’t actually what everyone called her in the future, which was something that Usagi had admittedly forgotten. What did it mean then, that Chibiusa’s nickname in the present had become Lyra’s nickname in her future?

“So… would you two be happier if I started calling you Small Lady and Chibiusa?” Usagi asked half-jokingly. After all, that would be their real future names, right? Although granted, she felt a bit weird calling Chibiusa ‘Small Lady’. It felt more like a title than a nickname. It reminded her of the pressure that Chibiusa faced in the future… all these expectations about being a lady that had created a distance between her and her parents. Usagi’s heart plummeted. Was that her fault, too? If she had just given Chibiusa a normal nickname—like she apparently did with Lyra—could they have been closer in the future too? Evidently that had some effect if where Lyra came from, she and her mother were so close.

Usagi felt like she had somehow fixed all her mistakes as a mother and ruler in this alternate future sometimes. But Mamoru and Chibiusa weren’t mistakes. She was sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime24th June 2015, 3:37 pm

Lyra looked at Chibiusa with that eerily familiar suspicious stare, a stare that was returned but she noticed Chibiusa didn't look as...hostile as she normal did. She could almost see the gears turning in her head, the subtle facial twitches that she herself tended to exhibit when she was thinking about something, and once again, she found herself disliking how similar they seemed. Her eyes narrowed in preparation as Chibiusa began speaking, but then her eyes gradually softened, just a little at her admission. It didn't feel so bad, knowing now that she didn't actually share her nickname with this girl. It felt a little more like her own again.

And she was surprised that she actually sounded...well she wasn't being angry or with a know it all attitude. She wasn't entirely sure how to handle it really. She didn't want to like this girl, whose existence was a threat to her own. Yet she had to grudgingly admit mentally in a way...they were twin half sisters. It was a strange concept. Then Usagi spoke, breaking her train of thought.

She couldn't keep the hopefulness out of her face as she looked at her young mother. To be able to have her nickname back again? She would dearly love it. But she had asked, and it was too much to hope that the pink girl would agree. She closed her eyes a brief moment to gather her mental strength before she spoke. “You asked me to use another name here mama. And I agreed. I trust your decisions and your thought process.”
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28th June 2015, 5:08 pm

Mamoru listened as the others talked. He didn't like how Seiya seemed so smug about this whole situation. He knew Seiya was in love with Usagi and even though she probably didn't realize it, at some point in an alternate universe those feelings were returned. It bothered him and he tried very hard no to let it show. Usagi was talking about calling them different names, Lyra would be "Chibiusa" and Chibiusa would be "Small Lady". He didn't like this idea at all. He was so used to calling Chibiusa by Chibiusa and it would be strange for him to start calling her by another name. He wondered what Chibiusa was thinking and decided maybe he should speak up. "Why don't we just keep calling them Lyra and Chibiusa?" Mamoru said, "This whole situation is strange enough to begin with and I'd rather not start calling Chibiusa by any other name. I think it could be more confusing if we try and change it now. But honestly, it's up to the girls. Chibiusa, what do you think?" Mamoru asked turning to his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime30th June 2015, 1:43 pm

Seiya's facial expression didn't move as Mamoru ignored his extended hand. Fine, it's not like he wanted to be friends anyway. 

Shoving his hands in his pockets, Seiya looked down at Lyra as the group discussed what to call the two young girls. He could tell by the look on Lyra's face that she felt a little put out and downcast, so he smiled and placed a comforting hand on her back. "I think the name Lyra suits you. It reminds me of music, which is something really special to me," he said kindly. 

Glancing over at Usagi, Seiya noticed the way her eyes seemed so sad. He guessed that having everyone together like this probably wasn't helping with her stress levels, so he took Lyra's hand and squeezed it. "I think we should give Usagi some time to talk with Mamoru and Chibiusa. What do you say we spend the afternoon together?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart   [Advanced] Listen to Your Heart - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Advanced] Listen to Your Heart

View previous topic View next topic Back to top