The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 8:57 pm

I'm not looking much into it at all. To me it's just fanservice. Besides Human Luna special was kind of made already. The S movie was based off that short story. I have only read it once so I don't know different the plots from each other. I think they share the same core Luna falling in love with a human.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 9:37 pm

Neon Genesis wrote:
That is true, but my point is that they've been adding in anime only foreshadowing of future material from the beginning so this isn't anything new for Crystal and I think it's a lot of speculation to declare one way or another if they're going to do the Kaguyahime special based solely on this established foreshadowing technique.  We just don't know at this point how much further they're going to take it and it's all a guess at what they're going to do.
If they were going to foreshadow events like Human Luna, why didn't they also foreshadow stuff like Sailor Saturn destroying the old kingdom? You didn't have to show her outright, but it would have been nice to see some clarification as to why it was destroyed. Also, I guarantee Crystal's Black Moon arc won't acknowledge where the "other senshi" are during the events. And before anyone says that it'd be impossible to imply there are other senshi since they haven't appeared yet, the only reason Takeuchi and Toei didn't reveal that part of the story was because the characters were not even thought of yet. And with Crystal now basically confirmed as a show directed only toward fans, it would be a rather noticeable plot hole.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th January 2015, 10:18 pm

I finally watched it and I was much happier with this episode than the last few. I was really happy they kept some of the elements of the manga, but also switched up some things.

As far as human Luna. Maybe they just wanted to show it. Maybe it wasn't foreshadowing at all. They know the fan base loves human Luna and they found an opportunity to put it in there. I'm glad they did, I got really happy with I saw that shot of her. Very Happy

Overall I liked this episode, I feel the Dark Kingdom arc went too fast and we are just suddenly rolling into the next, but at the same time, I hope the episodes continue with this getting better trend. Hopefully.

And Yeah, Chibi-usa is adorbz.
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 12:35 am

One thing I thought was interesting was that Tuxedo Mask now seems to have the power to see everything on the Earth at once which explains how he always knew when Usagi was in danger at exactly the right moment and I hope we'll get to see more of this power being used in Black Moon.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 12:56 pm

*I've been typing this as I've been watching, so pardon if it seems choppy and unorganized. 

I'm still upset with how mamoru was unscathed the entire time. And only after he mentions something, does usagi spring into action. The point was that he was incredibly injured, and she was PISSED and did all that on her own, without looking for reassurance. Also, I don't think the moon kingdom was supposed to have been revived THAT much. I mean, the full thing on the moon in the cannon timeline? What, so there's going to be people living on there now?   No new transformation for moon crystal power? And why does the crystal star look so bloated? Also, what was with the "you will become queen" speech? That was entirely unnecessary, as the point was she was reborn to live a normal life. We didn't need that conversation; it's a little thing called her friends are dead, let's hurry it up. (same goes for the entire i will punish you speech after she transformed. Really?)

I loved the human luna thing, and looking back at the manga that was in there as a bit of foreshadowing to her human form, that was well played; and a detail often overlooked. And the rest of the episode, especially how they handled the transition from one arc to the next, was well done. There may be hope for the black moon arc yet. (Though given crystal's track record, I can already tell what changed they're going to make. I pray they don't. ^^; )
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 1:43 pm

The whole revied moon kingdom is from the manga. The same goes with the queen speech. She had a chance to bring the Moon Kingdom back to power,but chose not to. She wanted to live the rest of her life on Earth. Yes the Crystal has enough power to restore the Moon Kingdom. It healed Earth after all.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 1:58 pm

The real question is when are we going to get a toy of the Moon Kingdom palace?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 1:59 pm

I would totally buy that....
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 2:53 pm

So did Usagi die when her brooch broke or did she just faint?  It wasn't that clear to me from the episode what happened to her.  And if she died, how did Mamoru bring her back to life just by kissing her?  Is it because of the Silver Crystal's power in his body?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 2:56 pm

The POWER OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 1805429032
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 3:23 pm

Goddess Yami wrote:
The POWER OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 1805429032
Well it saved her from dying in episode 69 so why not here! After all there is no more powerful power than the power of love!!!  SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 5:18 pm

Goddess Yami wrote:

Thats about it...It wasn't really clear other than Mamoru's power (of love!!!) waking her up.

Also Neon asking all the right questions. Too bad they aren't aiming this for kids, that would've sold like hot cakes.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 5:29 pm

You can't view Sailor Moon with any logic. Things happen because they just do!  SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 6:03 pm

BEHOLD THE MIRACLE OF SHOUJO!
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 6:06 pm

SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_nhlxhsKomf1sluwglSMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 Tumblr_nhlxf4FFkt1ticxqco3_500
No! It's the power of misleading animation! It saves all!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 6:51 pm

Wellll considering it happened in the manga first how about misleading manga storytelling as well. xD
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 7:21 pm

Goddess Yami wrote:
The whole revied moon kingdom is from the manga. The same goes with the queen speech. She had a chance to bring the Moon Kingdom back to power,but chose not to. She wanted to live the rest of her life on Earth. Yes the Crystal has enough power to restore the Moon Kingdom. It healed Earth after all.
Then it was just kinda sitting there for the rest of the series? (Well, presumably until she became neo queen and had chibiusa)
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 7:25 pm

It's never mentioned again.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 7:27 pm

So it DID just kinda sit there. Wait, crystal tokyo was on earth. So the moon kingdom was revived only to rot again? That's effed up.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 7:30 pm

Pretty much. Unless NQS uses it as vacation home or something.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 7:36 pm

Goddess Yami wrote:

NEW HEAD CANON.

Maybe they make it a tourist vacation spot to help fund many things during the her reign on Earth?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 7:56 pm

Yes!! XD
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 9:48 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Goddess Yami wrote:

NEW HEAD CANON.

Maybe they make it a tourist vacation spot to help fund many things during the her reign on Earth?

Now we know where Usagi gets money to buy jelly donuts in Crystal Tokyo. Wink

But in all seriousness, I think maybe in the earlier arcs Naoko Takeuchi wasn't expecting the manga to run for as long as it did (I have no idea what the sales figures for the tankouban was in the early 90's, so this is purely just my conjecture) so she tried to make a happy ending...but ended up forgetting to ever mention certain details again down the road.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 11:36 pm

^thats normally what happens. Certain elements and plot devices get left behind.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2015, 4:35 am

^Which is why you all should jump in to the Ultimate Sailor Moon project in the Writers Guild to iron out such details!!
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2015, 6:00 am

Goddess Yami wrote:
To me it's just fanservice.

Yes - I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so. Another thing to alienate newcomers.

Goddess Yami wrote:
I have only read it once so I don't know different the plots from each other. I think they share the same core Luna falling in love with a human.
They are very similar, save for small details (like relationship with Outers is different in accordance with manga/anime canon). 

Sailor CJ wrote:
If they were going to foreshadow events like Human Luna, why didn't they also foreshadow stuff like Sailor Saturn destroying the old kingdom? You didn't have to show her outright, but it would have been nice to see some clarification as to why it was destroyed.

I think that it would be mistake for Crystal to add details they may not be able to expand on later (as so far they end on Black Moon arc).

Sailor CJ wrote:
Also, I guarantee Crystal's Black Moon arc won't acknowledge where the "other senshi" are during the events. And before anyone says that it'd be impossible to imply there are other senshi since they haven't appeared yet, the only reason Takeuchi and Toei didn't reveal that part of the story was because the characters were not even thought of yet. And with Crystal now basically confirmed as a show directed only toward fans, it would be a rather noticeable plot hole.

I don't think it would be a plot hole? They were never established to be in Crystal Tokyo. (More a plot hole would be to show Inners in unpowered up uniforms).

But so far IMO Crystal should concentrate on creating coherent vision in itself, not on referencing potential future arcs.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2015, 6:30 am

Moonlight Lady wrote:

I don't think it would be a plot hole? They were never established to be in Crystal Tokyo. (More a plot hole would be to show Inners in unpowered up uniforms).

I think a line could be added saying that their outer defense failed to keep them in. It doesn't seem right just to not mention them. Also, you're totally right. If they don't show them in other garb or their powered up uniforms I'll be a little upset.

The big question I'm asking is why Toei would foreshadow Human Luna but not the other senshi. They seemed perfectly content spoiling the identities of Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Venus and the villains in the opening. It surprises me that they wouldn't show a silhouette of Sailor Saturn or the other scouts.

I can just imagine an alternate version where NQS explains the fall of the kingdom.

Code:
"After Serenity's suicide, we lost all hope and the Kingdom was thrown into death and ruin."

>cut to Sailor Saturn's silhouette spinning down the Silence Glaive and destroying the world and moon below.

All I'm suggesting is brief foreshadowing that rewards old fans but intrigues new fans. Again, we know that Crystal isn't dutifully following the manga anymore. It could have given us unique scenes like this so that when Sailor Saturn was introduced again, we know her potential and we're that much more scared for the characters involved.

Last edited by Sailor CJ on 20th January 2015, 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2015, 7:03 am

I kinda think they're not doing it because they don't know if they'll even reach S. Maybe they're afraid they'd be setting up expectations and then not able to meet them.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2015, 7:27 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I kinda think they're not doing it because they don't know if they'll even reach S. Maybe they're afraid they'd be setting up expectations and then not able to meet them.
If that were the case, it would make me question even more why they're revealing Human Luna then, since (if we're assuming they don't do the Kaguya arc) she appears in Dream.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th January 2015, 11:52 am

Goddess Yami wrote:
Now I have that song stuck in my head.  "You've got to belieeeeveeee, in the power of looooveee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]   SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMC Episode 14 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top