The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

How do you feel about this cover?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sailor Symphonia
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Symphonia

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Guardian of Music ♥

How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2012, 8:09 am

Considering they're 95% covered up, I'm fine with it. I mean I've seen way worse on manga covers! Ahaha! I think it's pretty!
Back to top Go down
http://arina-tsuki.tumblr.com
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor of all that is RAINBOW!

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2014, 7:48 pm

Like someone mentioned partial nudity or anything eluding to nudity is perfectly fine in Japanese society. Personally I wouldn't have any problem if my younger sibling or niece saw this. It's not suggesting they just had sex or anything. I thought the cover was so beautiful when I bought it. I haven't read that short story yet so looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
sailor void
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Sailor Void

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd June 2014, 5:51 pm

It's completely fine. There are a lot of other images with them in bed together, too.
Back to top Go down
BleuEyedBrunette
Star Seed

BleuEyedBrunette

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st July 2014, 2:08 pm

Yeah, I feel like a prude saying this.. but I don't think it's appropriate for a cover. Like SailorStarWind said, I think it would work great as an insert.. I mean, there was the insert of Usagi and Minako getting touchy with each other in one of the volumes, but it's too much for a cover, IMO. I mean, they certainly don't show anything, and Naoko has certainly drawn more revealing work (Usagi topless, in lingerie, etc).. but I feel it kinda implies they slept together since they appear to have nothing on. Not that sleeping together is bad, just.. I don't know how i feel about it being a representation of Sailormoon in general (since it's a cover.)

Then again, I might be overreacting and just being kinda prudish. I just get touchy about the subject because back in high school I used to get teased because I loved a "perverted anime", and it made me so angry (cause it's not!!)

It is a very tender and sweet painting of them, though.
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th August 2014, 8:12 am

I'm a little late to this discussion but here are my thoughts.

Again, this is a Japanese thing. People don't often associate nudity with sex over there. That's why Sailor Chibi Moon's transformations were the way they were, even though she was a kid. Of course, unlike the other scouts they were never done in suggestive poses. Personally, I think we Americans could learn from that line of thought.

When I first saw it, I didn't even think of sex. I thought of those nude maternity photos mothers sometimes take, haha. I could forgive and understand Kodansha for swapping the image for something else, but I'm glad they didn't. If this was say, a main series volume, even I would have suggested swapping it. But this is a "Short Stories" volume, which only Sailor Moon fans or people who have read the story are going to pick up. By that time, they will have been more than prepared for this image.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th August 2014, 2:37 pm

I agree with all of your points! Especially that last part. Besides, Kodansha USA marketed this to teens 13+. So i think its appropriate within U.S. society. If it had been marketed at like western 5 year olds, then id have no objections if kodansha usa had changed it.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th August 2014, 3:48 pm

I agree with Sailor CJ! I personally love this picture and think it has a kind of beauty to it.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Sailor Nike
Star Seed

Sailor Nike

Star Seed

Title : Second Exorcist

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th September 2014, 8:52 pm

Perfectly fine to me. After all, they are lovers. And they are nicely covered, so no complaints.
Back to top Go down
http://terumi-kantoku.tumblr.com http://azure-crystal-lotus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about this cover?   How do you feel about this cover? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about this cover?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top