The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! Empty
PostSubject: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime3rd October 2014, 5:16 pm

Let's plan the Murder Mystery Event! I think it would be fun to do it in the same style that Uranus did with her Snowball fight event she did for last years Festibration.  We could maybe combine Trick or Treating with that as a way to get clues.

Please post thoughts and ideas for how to do this!

Last edited by Small Lady on 28th October 2014, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime3rd October 2014, 5:34 pm

Can you give me details about how the festibration thing was run? I wasn't on here during that time.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime3rd October 2014, 7:42 pm

I don't remember hte exactness, but some clues you got by throwing snow balls at certain people and other clues were scattered throughout the forum. The clues led you to this other "forum" (like off GC made for the event) and you had to put the clues together so you could get further into the forum to find Santa for Chibi Chibi. It was fun even though I couldn't figure it all out. xD So i was thinking maybe something similarish?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime3rd October 2014, 9:05 pm

That sounds like fun! We could have cute digital candies or something hidden around the forum xD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime3rd October 2014, 10:08 pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking! Kind of like when you guys had the Dragonball Z takeover, and you hid all the dragonballs around the forum? We could combine something like that with more puzzle solving like what Uranus together for this event Very Happy

Ooo ooo what if we hid pieces of a "letter" or note or something around the forum and once you collect them all they lead to the location of this "haunted house" (off site forum) with this whole creepy story about it and the point is to figure out the puzzles and collect all the clues to figure out the real story behind the house Very Happy We can get really in depth with it and maybe even get an occult-y feel to it (without all the gross gore and stuff) Very Happy

I'm getting so excited thinking about it I love this kinda stuff  The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! 1637911638
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime4th October 2014, 6:09 am

I like that idea! Smile Maybe the story is about how the house became haunted?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime4th October 2014, 4:56 pm

OOOH! What if Usagi got captured and is IN the Haunted House so we have to save her before she passes out from being too scared. I love these ideas! I would say in like a few days we should start hammering down something kind of concrete so we can make all the stuff we will need. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime4th October 2014, 5:22 pm

Small Lady wrote:
OOOH!  What if Usagi got captured and is IN the Haunted House so we have to save her before she passes out from being too scared.  I love these ideas!  I would say in like a few days we should start hammering down something kind of concrete so we can make all the stuff we will need. Smile
Oooh I like this and maybe if we dont save her in time something will happen to her.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime4th October 2014, 6:58 pm

If we don't save her in time we'll find "blood" (ketchup) all over and her violently sobbing while eating something with lots of ketchup? lols i dunno.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime4th October 2014, 7:23 pm

that could work....its very Usagi
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime5th October 2014, 8:53 am

I LOVE that idea!!
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime5th October 2014, 8:55 am

This sounds amazing =D I can't wait ^^
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime5th October 2014, 3:07 pm

She's eating omurice and just keeps pouring ketchup. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime5th October 2014, 3:08 pm

omg i could see that, just like i saw something recently
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime5th October 2014, 3:22 pm

HA. Perfect Very Happy Love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime14th October 2014, 8:37 pm

Okay, I think we need to crack down on some ideas and have it all pretty much set in stone in the next week.

So far we have Usagi is trapped (or gets "kidnapped" and locked) in an old haunted house. We think she's been murdered due to a mysterious letter showing up on the forums (that will be in the main intro thread). Members will have to find clues through out the forums and the clues add up to some sort of puzzle or riddle.

I remember one thing was to solve an actual picture puzzle (like when we do those puzzle contest games) and you had to get the clue from the image for the festibration.

we could also combine last years trick or treating idea into this and set up a trick or treating area. People that participate will PM the member's houses (party planners that volunteer for this) and they will get a treat/trick (i have to remember how we determined who got what...) and once they've collected like 5 treats (maybe a small collection of digital candies?) they turn it in for a clue?

And yeah thats all I've got so far.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime14th October 2014, 8:56 pm

I think all of that is great! This is just an idea, idk if it will work, but maybe winners of games would get a clue or a treat or something like that? Perhaps they would get to choose between option 1, option 2, and option 3, one option being a trick, another being a treat, and the last one being a clue?

No idea how that would work but I'm just throwing ideas around xD.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime16th October 2014, 2:20 pm

While I like that idea, I think that might make this too big and confusing to run... It would be hard to keep track of everything. Id like to keep it to an easy to manage scale and managing the trick or treating aspect is already a lot of work to do.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime16th October 2014, 2:56 pm

I completely understand Smile
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime16th October 2014, 8:31 pm

Okay so I'm going to ask for any more ideas and I'm going to start actually hammering out how the event will work, what we need people to do, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 1:43 pm

I love this! But I think instead of Usagi getting kidnapped, maybe she could accidentally stumble into the haunted house? That sounds much more Usagi to me. Like she thought she was going to a halloween party or trick or treating but whoops its a haunted house.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 1:48 pm

To be honest, the story can be whatever so we can change it to your idea if that sounds better, but I really need more ideas on the actual activities, the riddles, etc. etc. :3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime21st October 2014, 11:21 pm

Alright, working off of what I remembered and general scavenger hunts I've participated in, I've compiled a list of things we could do. These clues should all lead to one another obviously.

1. It could start with a general scavenger hunt (i.e. finding clues throughout the forum, hidden in posts like the Dragon Balls). We could put up clues that suggest their general whereabouts so people don't spend all day clicking like every page of every forum ever. I would suggest making these images (so they'd stand out) containing one word each.
2. Once all words are found (we gotta say how many there are of course), they have to be scrambled to form a proper sentence. This could point to a password (e.g. the "The rabbit on the moon makes rice cakes")
3. You could designate a person everyone could PM this password to in order to receive the next clue. Then that person could give them a link to a secret (off-forum?) board.
4. In the main thread of this other forum there could be another puzzle. A crossword or wordsearch which, when filled in, will reveal another clue word. This clue word could unlock a special secret subforum.
5. Incorporating the trick & treating idea, like you said, once a person successfully gathers a set number of treats, they can post in the secret subforum for proof (post the treat images and maybe which people they got it from? Might be tricky if they're all identical pictures) and be declared Usagi's savior or however you wanna end this lol.

Feel free to add/edit as necessary and incorporate other fun games you guys are running so people are more willing to participate in those too.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime22nd October 2014, 12:24 pm

Heh, sorry Small Lady! It's my first event planning.  The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! 702547589

Mercury, that sounds great! Maybe we can give them some kind of a card that gets "stamped" each time they find a treat and they can turn that in at the end as proof?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime23rd October 2014, 10:01 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Alright, working off of what I remembered and general scavenger hunts I've participated in, I've compiled a list of things we could do. These clues should all lead to one another obviously.

1. It could start with a general scavenger hunt (i.e. finding clues throughout the forum, hidden in posts like the Dragon Balls). We could put up clues that suggest their general whereabouts so people don't spend all day clicking like every page of every forum ever. I would suggest making these images (so they'd stand out) containing one word each.
2. Once all words are found (we gotta say how many there are of course), they have to be scrambled to form a proper sentence. This could point to a password (e.g. the "The rabbit on the moon makes rice cakes")
3. You could designate a person everyone could PM this password to in order to receive the next clue. Then that person could give them a link to a secret (off-forum?) board.
4. In the main thread of this other forum there could be another puzzle. A crossword or wordsearch which, when filled in, will reveal another clue word. This clue word could unlock a special secret subforum.
5. Incorporating the trick & treating idea, like you said, once a person successfully gathers a set number of treats, they can post in the secret subforum for proof (post the treat images and maybe which people they got it from? Might be tricky if they're all identical pictures) and be declared Usagi's savior or however you wanna end this lol.

Feel free to add/edit as necessary and incorporate other fun games you guys are running so people are more willing to participate in those too.

Oooh omg thankyou Mercury! I haven't had time to sit down and really put things together like this (boo house looking, boo being an adult D:). Thank you! The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! 2869872805

I was thinking since its already Thursday and the event starts on Sunday, we may not have time to get all the trick or treating stuff together and organized, unless we figure out a way to make it a bit easier than last years.

Henshinyo wrote:
Heh, sorry Small Lady! It's my first event planning.  The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! 702547589

Mercury, that sounds great! Maybe we can give them some kind of a card that gets "stamped" each time they find a treat and they can turn that in at the end as proof?

And you're fine!! I should've been more clear on what I wanted. I haven't been able to get all my thoughts together properly for this. X_x

And i like that for the treat! I think we can make this work.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 4:34 am

Small Lady wrote:
I was thinking since its already Thursday and the event starts on Sunday, we may not have time to get all the trick or treating stuff together and organized, unless we figure out a way to make it a bit easier than last years.

I don't know how the stamping would work (but if you have it figured out already, awesome!) but an alternative I thought of was that each trick or treat hand out person can have a unique bumper to hand out, so the only way you could prove that you've really found all of them is when you have collected each unique bumper. You can have a list of party planner volunteers who will hand them out, then simply provide a list of clue about their identity (kinda like the questions in Guess The Member game) and then all participants have to do is guess who they are and PM them for the treats. There is a chance they might stumble onto another party planner while making a wrong guess, but at least they'll still have to figure out who the missing person from their list is if they made a mistake. xD
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 8:44 am

Sorry I've been MIA laptop being crappy and whatnot X.x

I love all of this Very Happy I would love to volunteer as one of the ppl to hand out a trick or treat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 10:50 am

Oooo Mercury, that's a great idea! Mine would require them to go to people in the right sequence so I think yours works better. Let's make all the bumpers candy themed!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 10:53 am

Also I'm ready to start getting to work on any graphics that need making, just say the word!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime24th October 2014, 7:12 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

I don't know how the stamping would work (but if you have it figured out already, awesome!) but an alternative I thought of was that each trick or treat hand out person can have a unique bumper to hand out, so the only way you could prove that you've really found all of them is when you have collected each unique bumper. You can have a list of party planner volunteers who will hand them out, then simply provide a list of clue about their identity (kinda like the questions in Guess The Member game) and then all participants have to do is guess who they are and PM them for the treats. There is a chance they might stumble onto another party planner while making a wrong guess, but at least they'll still have to figure out who the missing person from their list is if they made a mistake. xD

Well I was thinking of something similar. Last year, Uranus would create a thread that said something along the lines of "The light is on in the member who loves cats and pink!" and it would be open for a time period and then the lights would be off when that time period ends.  However, I was thinking condensing it to one thread and have a few certain time periods where members have to figure out each of the treat giver outers.

So one thread that would say:

"The lights are on in several members houses.

The first member loves cats.
The second member's favorite character is Sailor Neptune."

and etc. etc.

We could do this like two or three nights of out of hte week while members are also figuring out the other clues?

@Mercury, do you think you could make the scavenger hunt graphics? I was thinking maybe a candy that has the words on it? Guess we need to figure out exactly what it will say. Perhaps you can get started on the design and once we get the clues and stuff together, then we just throw the text on there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!   The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Pumpkin Rescue Planning!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top