The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 10:25 am

I don't mind ZukoxMai, but I prefer Zutura. I just wished we had episode showing them getting together because to me it seem like it came out of nowhere. I knew Mai had a crush on Zuko and the creators claim Zuko did too, but I didn't see that in Zuko's flashback of his childhood. That should have been shown in the show.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 7:27 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I don't mind ZukoxMai, but I prefer Zutura. I just wished we had episode showing them getting together because to me it seem like it came out of nowhere. I knew Mai had a crush on Zuko and the creators claim Zuko did too, but I didn't see that in Zuko's flashback of his childhood. That should have been shown in the show.

I agree, while at times I kind of liked their relationship because of the way their personalities would clash. It seemed very random kind of like..."OH I GUESS ZUKO SHOULD HAVE SOMEONE TOO LOLS" kind of thing? At first I thought it was a way for Azula to get into Zuko's head, but I'm kind of glad it didn't turn out that way.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 7:33 pm

Speaking of Azula I sometimes wonder why Mai and Ty Lee became friends with her. Maybe they first met she wasn't as a mean?
Back to top Go down
AngelCastiel<3
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st January 2012, 3:39 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
Speaking of Azula I sometimes wonder why Mai and Ty Lee became friends with her. Maybe they first met she wasn't as a mean?
I don't know why I don't like Mai, I just never really took a liking to her
And when Azula wants to be your friend, I don't really think you get much say in the matter >.> its probably just better to play along
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1850493/MashiroxKensei_Kayla_1993_18
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st January 2012, 9:01 am

I feel like Azula, Mai, Ty Lee did all care for each other at point. Mai and Ty Lee probably still care for each other, but they probably stopped caring for Azula when she went crazy.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 11:43 am

Uh, sorry for the double post, but I saw this moved because of another Avatar topic. It mentioned that some website said Avatar was an anime. Avatar isn't an anime. It was made here in the US with Asian influences. Sorry had to get that off my chest. It bothers me a little bit when people consider it an anime.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:00 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Uh, sorry for the double post, but I saw this moved because of another Avatar topic. It mentioned that some website said Avatar was an anime. Avatar isn't an anime. It was made here in the US with Asian influences. Sorry had to get that off my chest. It bothers me a little bit when people consider it an anime.

Omg yes. I wish people would get over their anime thing. Anime just means ANIMATION. It actually comes from the French, if I remember correctly. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong but yeah)....

But yes...Avatar is not made in Japan. Its a product of the US, with its inbetweens and colors most likely shipped off to some asian country to get done on the cheap because thats how the animation world works. XD
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:21 pm

You do make a good point Brit and I have always consider all animations cartoons. I just use anime as term to describe cartoons from Japan.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2012, 4:55 pm

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Smile

Back to top Go down
SilenceGlaive
Star Seed

SilenceGlaive

Star Seed

Title : Avatar by ohpepper at LJ

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 1:50 pm

Avatar is one of my favorite shows of all time. I can't wait for TLOK to come out! Most sequels are pretty weak, but based on the trailers/spoilers for TLOK, Mike and Bryan haven't lost their touch.

I also see you guys were having a discussion about shipping (a pretty amazing one too, considering most of the ones I've seen have turned into wars). Personally, I'm not a fan of Zutara or Maiko. With Zutara, I can see the attraction, but I think they're too similar to work well long-term. With Maiko, I feel that Mai liked how open he was with expressing his feelings (in comparison to herself, who responded to emotional abuse by completely shutting down), but she still didn't know how to respond to him. And Zuko.. I don't think he ever really understood her period.

I prefer Kataang (cute and compliment each other well), Zuki (based mostly on how I think they'd interact in theory), Tokka (bickering with an underlying bond), and Mailee (understanding each other more than anyone ever called attention to). Only one of those ships got a happy ending, but oh well. I was still satisfied with the way the show ended.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 2:04 pm

I just don't see the appeal with Kataang. All these years of being an Avatar fan I still don't understand why people like it. I will admit I like scene where Aang is going crazy because he hasn't been sleeping and he thinks he's kissing Katara. I also do think the ending of them kissing is beautiful. What bothers me the most is I don't see when Katara falls for him. I just rewatch the series and I fail to see it.
Back to top Go down
SilenceGlaive
Star Seed

SilenceGlaive

Star Seed

Title : Avatar by ohpepper at LJ

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 2:22 pm

I thought Katara's feelings were there throughout the series; they were just more subtle than Aang's. But to each her own.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 5:43 pm

Never saw it lol.
Back to top Go down
SailorKomekoro
Star Seed

SailorKomekoro

Star Seed

Title : Senshi Of Silence

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th March 2012, 12:20 am

Hahahaha I LOVE ATLA!!! Lol what I can't understand is, people already have fanart and fanfiction, and shipping pairs etc, BUT THE SHOW ISN"T OUT! I wonder if Nic is just stringing us along? *sweatdrop* I HOPE NOT!!!
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofsilence.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2012, 2:24 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Korra will be released next month!! On April 14th at 11 am (EST?) the first episode will finally air! Happy super early birthday present to me!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2012, 4:23 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2012, 5:31 pm

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 Tumblrlzfv0jwrfk1qf7per

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 2041938683 I had too!
Back to top Go down
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 4:53 pm

I actually just started watching Avatar with my boyfriend c: When it first came out I wasn't really interested in it because Nickelodeon kept marketing it as an anime and that made it seem a little too silly for me. Then years and years later I watched a couple reruns of it on Nicktoons and it actually wasn't that bad o 3o That and I really want to get into Legend of Korra and I definitely can't do that without watching the original series first Razz

Watching the show from the beginning for the first time, I'm genuinely surprised that the character I identify with most at the moment (albeit only 4-5 episodes in) is Sokka. Mostly because he's not all that useful other than for snarking at everything. That'll probably change as I get further in though.
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 5:19 pm

Yes, Sokka's character will develop! I have been watching Avatar since the day it aired. I was 14 at that the time and I was really into anime. Also I was still into cartoons (I still am Razz). I just rewatched the series a few a months ago and while I was watching the episodes I remembered my reactions as a kid. Also looking back at the first season you do notice foreshadowing for the future seasons.
Back to top Go down
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th April 2012, 10:59 pm

Just wanted to mention that I finished the first season last night and omg so awesome o: After an entire season Sokka's still my favorite, so I think it's going to stay that way xD The thing with Yue though ;__; I wish they'd had them interact with Zuko at all after they saved him, even if only for a "I'M LETTING YOU GO THIS TIME, AVATAR. HMPH." But I guess there's the rest of the series for that. If the first season's done that means I meet Toph soon right o wo

And after seeing the first season, my two cents on Kataang vs Zutara is that I prefer Kataang? Zutara admittedly has better chemistry but it doesn't seem like it would work as well in the long run. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th April 2012, 9:19 am

Yes Ella you'll meet Toph in book 2. Oh and your love for Sokka will grow later in the series. Very Happy I can't say more because I would be giving away spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2012, 10:05 pm

ahhh A:TLA I remember I used to watch it as back when it came out but never in order. I would always skip episodes. But decided to watch the whole thing now that they came back with LOK.

My fav character is "You guys all look great to me!!" Toph. That girl RULES, she's so strong and funny and crazy!! I also adore Azula and I don't know why. Maybe because she's so focused and smart, talented, evil, cunning Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 2041938683. I like her, but then again, I like them all

As for pairings I like Kataang, Maiko, Sokka&Suki (is there a name for these two?) Ty Zula, Zutara, Azula&Sokka, Azulaang...and a whole bunch more I can't think of right now Razz
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2012, 5:07 pm

How does...Azulaang work? o.o That would be an awkward relationship considering she almost killed him.
Back to top Go down
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2012, 6:18 pm

I know its weird, I don't get it myself Razz i just read a lot of fanfiction and approved :lolz:
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 11:31 pm

Yaaaay ATLA thread. Awesome. My current obsession, along with Legend of Korra. <3 this is by far the best show Nickelodeon ever aired. It's wonderful.

Is anyone following the comic trilogy The Promise? And is anyone looking forward to the next little comic series, The Search, where we're supposed to finally find out what happened to Zuko's mother?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 11:33 pm

I need to buy the comics. I bought the collection graphic novel that has all the mini comics from the Nickelodeon magazine thing. It was pretty enjoyable. I REALLY want to get the Promise. The art looks great. My bf was reading up on teh story and he said there was some odd things here and there storywise, but other than that seems awesome.

can't wait to buy it. :3
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 11:41 pm

I'm really enjoying them. I can't wait for the last part of The Promise to come out in September. I mean, it's a good, enjoyable read, getting super interesting and all that. There's one little thing though about the series that I didn't see at all coming...

Spoiler:

Can't wait for The Search though too. I want to know exactly what happened to Ursa and where she is. I want to know how Iroh was passed over for Fire Lord and how Fire Lord Azulon (Ozai's dad) was killed...
Back to top Go down
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 11:52 pm

So many questions unanswered!! I hated it when Meelo interupted Katara when Jinora asked the question we've all been asking ourselves and I did notice Zuko and Suki!! I was all like 'WHAT ABOUT MAI?!?' hehe Razz
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th July 2012, 12:14 am

That apparently ends in The Promise. :/ I mean, there's still one more part to The Promise where they could fix it...but I dunno at this rate. I was totally caught by surprise with Zuko and Suki. Man, poor Sokka...
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th July 2012, 9:47 pm

I did hear about that. My bf was like "wtf it makes no sense". I really need to order the comic now that I got paid. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top