The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

[Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th November 2014, 8:32 pm

Yep. That she did. And they were still brainwashed when she decided to do the thing and attack modern-day Japan.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th November 2014, 10:56 am

I don't think there was any room. Plus you know, I think for them to be revived from the stones, it would take a lot of power. My headcannon is it that it takes both the Silver Crystal that Usagi possesses and the Golden Crystal Mamoru posses combined to be able to do it. Both of them are young and are still growing into their Crystal powers, where as Queen Serenity probably had a lot more control of the Silver Crystal when she had it.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th January 2015, 9:43 pm

I think the Shittenou are manipulated similarly to how Beryl was and turned evil. Like, I am in agreement with the idea that the Shittenou weren't really trusting of the Moon Kingdom and didn't really like the Moon Kingdom. Therefore, they didn't like Endymion being with Serenity. So, they were so upset, because they care for their prince, it allowed the darkness in their hearts to be prominent and just right to make them easy targets for brainwashing.

Though, since they didn't have their memories, I'd have to say Beryl just got to them first and tapped into their now quiet (but still present) upset the Shittenou had with the Moon Kingdom and the relationship between Serenity and Endymion.

I wont' say it's jealousy because that's too ship-y and unfair. I think the Shittenou would be fine with Endymion being in love - they can't have him all to themselves. That just sounds then like they were all in love with Endymion. Which, could be for a different debate. Razz
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th January 2015, 9:48 pm

HAHAHA!!!  [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 3884866259

They do fight over him like 5 year olds. 

Yeah, you're right. I think they would want Endymion to be with the one he loves most. If the Moon Kingdom and the Earth Kingdom had a stronger alliance. I'm sure they wouldn't care about Serenity.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th January 2015, 9:55 pm

Def! But I think it's because of the fact that they were untrusting of the Moon Kingdom, it made them easy to manipulate, similarly to how Beryl was easy to manipulate because she was so in love with Endymion.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th January 2015, 9:57 pm

Crazy teenagers. Ah, young love.  [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 3884866259
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th January 2015, 8:25 am

I think they may have been initially suspicious of the Moon Kingdom but as they got to know the people they may have relaxed a little. I think Beryl sprouted some lies and somehow manipulated the protectiveness in their hearts for Endymion and made them believe things that they knew weren't true.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th January 2015, 9:53 am

Addelyn wrote:
I think they may have been initially suspicious of the Moon Kingdom but as they got to know the people they may have relaxed a little. I think Beryl sprouted some lies and somehow manipulated the protectiveness in their hearts for Endymion and made them believe things that they knew weren't true.
 Along with that, they might have been under the influence of metallia as well, so their minds weren't as clear as they'd normally be, so they were more likely to feed into Beryl's lies. 

As for the entire first season, they were resurrected and were still stuck in that limbo of brainwash and hate, to the point that they remembered nothing else except Beryl.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th January 2015, 11:18 am

I can't remember if this was true in the manga, but in Crystal and the 90's anime, Beryl had an entire army from earth.  

I have been assuming that all of Earth distrusted the moon, which made them susceptible to brainwashing. Endymion was the only earth citizen that was not brainwashed because he knew and trusted Moon citizens.

As for why the Amazon Quartet was revived but not the Shittenou, I'm guessing Usagi did not initially realize she has the power to do that.
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th January 2015, 5:55 pm

My headcannon is you need both Crystals for that for them because of their connection to Endymion xD 

But if you want to say Beryl or Metalia I think it makes no differences as we know Beryl is controlled by Metalia so her actions directly go back to Metalia's influence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?   [Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Why did the Generals go the Dark Side?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top