The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Paprika's Multimedia Works

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

Paprika's Multimedia Works Empty
PostSubject: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime14th October 2011, 10:43 am

Oddly enough, I do have a collection of AMVs and demo reels that I have made. While I no longer make amvs (although I have several times though about picking it up again), it's still a part of my life that I had a lot of fun with. I am now trying to create more demo reels and animations though so maybe once I get those completed, I'll post and let everyone take a look at them.

As usual, feel free to comment ^^

Demo Reel

As any animator, I had to create a demo reel by the time I left school and unfortunately this is the only one I have left as the ones I have created after I got out of school got lost when my hard drive completely died on me and couldn't be saved. So here is my college demo reel. I hope to have a new one soon ^^

AMVs

A long long long time ago, I use to make AMVs. After my last amv, I was SOOOOO burned out because it took me 8 months to complete that I haven't done another amv since minus any tags I may have gotten on Youtube. The way I got into making AMVs is mainly because of a good friend of mine, Hsien Lee who is also known as Kusoyaro Productions. After I began to talk to him about amvs, he challenged me to make one and I was so interested at the time, that I did and it was HORRIBLE!! So I challenged myself to continue to make amvs until my last one where I won an award for at Nekocon 2004. Since then, I really haven't done anymore because of how burned out I was. Anyways, enjoy!

Also, I use to go under a different name LONG before I started going under paprikaSTUDIOS ^^; Definitely matured on name thinking - lol. Anyways, my first two amvs are on my old youtube account that I no longer use. I also had a third amv that I did not upload to my new account and the reason why I didn't give a link is because I used music by Linkin' Park. If Linkin' Park music is used, it was usually muted and it was no different with this amv.

My First AMV, Rurouni Kenshin Reflections OVA (Pinnacle Studio 7)

My Second AMV, Chobits (Pinnacle Studio 7)

My Third AMV, Ranma 1/2 and the first one I truly liked (Pinaccle Studio 7)

My Fourth AMV, Ah! My Goddess (Adobe Premiere 6.0 - my test video)

My Fifth AMV, Utena (Adobe Premiere 6.0)

My Sixth and Final AMV, Ayashi no Ceres (Adobe Premiere 6.0, Adobe Photoshop 8, Adobe After Effects 5.5, 8 months of my LIFE)

Last edited by Paprika on 17th October 2011, 6:30 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime14th October 2011, 6:19 pm

Oh my god! I was just looking at your youtube channel! I had no idea you were in charge of Strings of fate O:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime14th October 2011, 6:30 pm

Wow, I am jealous of your demo reel. Just because that's all you had to do. Just show off modelling and stuff. At my school, the classes and everything was taught so fast and compacted, we had to learn modelling, rigging, and animating, in like 3-4 semesters. I always felt so rushed with everything and that I really didn't learn much about modelling, at least to be good enough to try to apply for jobs in the field.

But off topic of that, I thought those models were pretty awesome! I haven't had a chance to check out your amvs yet. If you'd like I can edit your post to make it so you have the youtube videos embedded in the post. ^^
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime15th October 2011, 12:29 pm

You should definitely keep us updated on The Strings of Fate.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime15th October 2011, 2:31 pm

Do you mean that you do not know how to post links or that you are not allowed?

To link simply put [url=LINK ] Name [/ url]. You've made more than just a few posts, so you should be allowed by now. If you want to embed your videos directly into this post, put [ youtube ] url [/ youtube ]

I will check out your videos when I can! I am quite curious! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime15th October 2011, 2:36 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

To link simply put [url=LINK ] Name [/ url]. You've made more than just a few posts, so you should be allowed by now. If you want to embed your videos directly into this post, put [ youtube ] url [/ youtube ]

I will check out your videos when I can! I am quite curious! Very Happy

I don't think she's allowed yet. But thanks for the refresher, lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 6:28 am

LunaOsa wrote:
Oh my god! I was just looking at your youtube channel! I had no idea you were in charge of Strings of fate O:

Hehe ^^ Yup, that's me. Got a long way to go though so I'm posting up the story to see what people's reaction are to a series of this type. Although there will be changes in the actual script though because we are starting off where the anime ended in the actual series. The story is more based on the manga.

Brit-chan wrote:
Wow, I am jealous of your demo reel. Just because that's all you had to do. Just show off modelling and stuff. At my school, the classes and everything was taught so fast and compacted, we had to learn modelling, rigging, and animating, in like 3-4 semesters. I always felt so rushed with everything and that I really didn't learn much about modelling, at least to be good enough to try to apply for jobs in the field.

But off topic of that, I thought those models were pretty awesome! I haven't had a chance to check out your amvs yet. If you'd like I can edit your post to make it so you have the youtube videos embedded in the post. ^^

Thank you! When it came time to making our demo reel, my professors told our class to make a demo reel that highlighted our strengths in 3D animation. Since my strengths were modeling and texturing/shaders, that's what I tried to highlight in my demo reel. And you're definitely not alone in feeling rush. That was my main degree and I felt rushed ^^; Overall though, I think people find a particular strength in 3D animation and just try to get better at it.

Thank you for the offer and so late in reply. My computer is not fully back to being completely operational at the moment. I was able to actually put the embedded youtube video in there though so it's all fixed. Thank you though ^^

Sailor Venus wrote:
You should definitely keep us updated on The Strings of Fate.

Will do! I am currently working on the storyboarding and working on the script for episode one. I have started posting the "written" story actually on the forum though as I'm trying to gauge what people think of a particular story although there will be differences in the script and the "written" story.

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

I will check out your videos when I can! I am quite curious!

Thank you for the refresher! I was still not able to add in external links at the time I made this post, but I've gone and changed that now ^^ And thank you for the coding on the youtube embedding. That one I honestly did not know and will definitely be easier for me to type it verses using a button. ^^

Let me know what you think when you see them ^^
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime17th October 2011, 7:16 pm

Well I would be glad to help out with strings of fate if you need it. I am sort of working on a series of my own which won't start til I get positions filled therefore I have time for other things. Up to you though. I can do quite a bit of things. Although sound or audio editing is out of my reach so if you need someone for that I probably won't be able to help you there. Not that great with a few other things either. I won't go into complete detail on everything I can or can't do so just let me know if you need any help. I could certainly use help with mine xD It's alot of work to make a new series. (: Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime11th April 2012, 11:10 am

I need your help once again ^^ I don't know if many know this yet, but I'm in a middle of a final round of a contest that is being run by the director of the fanfilm, "Dead Moon Circus". The final round challenge is that we have to recreate one of our favorite scenes and incorporate a Sailor Moon character in it.

I already have selected the movie and its scene that I plan to recreate (The Boondock Saints) but I am having a hard time deciding as to which Sailor Moon character to choose as I have a list of characters that would be a good choice for the scene and was wanting to ask people for opinions. The role that the Sailor Moon character will be replacing is the character "Roco". I need to decide this by this week because I'll have to hunt down a voice actress/actor to do some lines.

Here is the list - pick a character!

Rei Hino // Sailor Mars
Minako Aino // Sailor Venus
Haruka Tenoh // Sailor Uranus
Mamoru Chiba // Tuxedo Kamen
Hawkseye
Tigerseye
Seiya Kou // Sailor Star Maker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paprika's Multimedia Works   Paprika's Multimedia Works I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paprika's Multimedia Works

View previous topic View next topic Back to top