The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea Empty
PostSubject: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime4th May 2014, 1:49 pm

Thank you to everyone for reading this thread. I wanted to bring up an idea I had for a pokemon fan game, that would be created with a program called Pokémon Essentials. Essentials provides scripting and other data to be put into the game maker, RPGXP (which I've downloaded the trial and feel comfortable with what I've seen so far, all I have to do is pay for it soon.) 

The idea for the game still follows the beat the 8 gym leaders, defeat the evil antagonists, conquer the pokemon league, etc., however what I wanted to do is base the region and plot on mythology, since there are plenty of mythological creature ideas that could be used to create great new pokemon. I will also be including a large number of the 718 current pokemon (random examples are Furret, Bronzong and Galvantua), but not all of them to save on space. And yes, I do want to base a few of the new pokemon on enemies from the Legend Of Zelda series, because LOZ is awesome and I've been a fan for years. Those pokemon will obviously have different names then the LOZ enemies they're based on. I'll come up with what different features/sidequests I want as I go along with this.

Here's what I need however.

- Person to do sprites. Radicaledward told me she'll do the concept art for the new pokemon, but I need someone to do sprites as I have no graphics skills.
- Pokémon ideas. If there's a certain mythological creature (could be anything) or even a LOZ enemy you would really want to see as a pokemon, then feel free to suggest it.
- Character applications. I am offering some of the in-game characters to be based off of members on GC ( some of the characters consisting of gym leaders/elite four members/rivals/evil team members/professor/etc.) I've asked a few people already and they wouldn't mind having a character based off them in the game.
- Beta testers. I plan on releasing a demo every time I complete the game up to a gym leader, so I would appreciate a beta tester or two to test the game before it's publicly released.
- Anyone who has experience with RPGXP. If there's anyone who has used RPGXP before and wants to help if needed, then feel free to mention that.
- Anything else that comes up.

And I do plan on making some Sailor Moon references. ^^
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime4th May 2014, 2:06 pm

I'm actually taking a class using GameMaker, so I'm somewhat familiar with the basic programming options if that helps you at all, but I haven't done an RPG using it. I'd love to help with sprites if I had a tablet, but I don't at the moment and I'm not sure my work would be any good with just a mouse. I can give you some ideas for pokemon though, I love myths!
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime4th May 2014, 2:11 pm

JupiterThunderCrash wrote:
I'm actually taking a class using GameMaker, so I'm somewhat familiar with the basic programming options if that helps you at all, but I haven't done an RPG using it. I'd love to help with sprites if I had a tablet, but I don't at the moment and I'm not sure my work would be any good with just a mouse. I can give you some ideas for pokemon though, I love myths!

Thanks for replying! ^^ I would love to hear your pokemon ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime5th May 2014, 10:27 am

Sounds like a cool thing =] I am not sure how I could offer to help, except to maybe be a beta tester! That could be fun xD

It does seem like you're pulling a lot of inspiration for the pokemon from lots of different places. If you want to base the game off of mythology, why not stick with just different myths? You could draw inspiration from Greek/Norse/Egyptian/Chinese/etc. There's so many different wonderful mythological resources, you would have lots of things to choose from! xD

If there's any thing I can do to help, let me know! :3 I'd offer to help with the art aspects but I have no idea how to do sprites =P
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime5th May 2014, 11:08 am

Thanks for replying Pluto. ^^ Most of the new pokemon will be based off of different forms of mythology, but I wanted to bring in a couple of LOZ enemies (mainly since steel isn't represented well in mythology and there some LOZ enemies based on steel/metal/etc). I have three mythological pokemon ideas done already and several other ideas already to choose from (I'm just started going through all the mythological being lists). If you want to also help with concept art, that would be awesome.

EDIT: I also really want to do a fire-type gym since there hasn't been one since Gen 3. I believe someone I talked to wanted to be a fire-type gym leader but I don't remember who right now XD.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime23rd May 2014, 8:24 pm

This is the really awesome image of Heabull Pluto did. ^^ It's a normal/fighting type and based off a minotaur, it will also have an evolution.

Heabull:
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime4th June 2014, 4:31 pm

Came up with a couple more ideas:

A unicorn Pokemon that's either Fairy or Faury/Psychic. It has high Special Attack, Speed, and Special Defense, but its other stats are lower. It would learn attacks involving energy bursts and boosting defenses.

The other idea is a Basilisk, a huge Poison/Ground type Pokemon that looks like a serpent armored in stone with big eyes and huge fangs. Its gimmick would be damaging moves with status effects attached to it. The ability Serene Grace would boost the moves' chances of getting a secondary effect. It could have Glare and Poison Fang as moves, and would focus on high Attack and Defense stats.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime4th June 2014, 4:46 pm

JupiterThunderCrash wrote:
Came up with a couple more ideas:

A unicorn Pokemon that's either Fairy or Faury/Psychic. It has high Special Attack, Speed, and Special Defense, but its other stats are lower. It would learn attacks involving energy bursts and boosting defenses.

The other idea is a Basilisk, a huge Poison/Ground type Pokemon that looks like a serpent armored in stone with big eyes and huge fangs. Its gimmick would be damaging moves with status effects attached to it. The ability Serene Grace would boost the moves' chances of getting a secondary effect. It could have Glare and Poison Fang as moves, and would focus on high Attack and Defense stats.

You are awesome. I would have no problem doing a unicorn pokemon like the one you described. I was originally undecided on a basilisk since Arbok is kinda based off it (although I checked bulbapedia and it's more like an Indian cobra), but your idea makes the new pokemon very original and interesting.

As for some of the other ideas I had or are in progress, here they are.

Empusa - Female demon that seduces and victimizes males. Would be Fairy/Dark type with an emphasis on special attacking as well as stat lowering features.

Cherufe - Magma creature that's Fire/Rock with Solid Rock as one of it's abilities.

Fenghuang - Chinese phoenix that specializes in critical hits. Normal/Flying.

A griffin (this was another excellent idea from JupiterThunderCrash) – Pokemon will start as a baby but evolve depending on the area. First evolution will have an eagle’s head and a lion’s body (and have flying and slashing moves), while the other evolution will have a lion’s head and an eagle’s body (and have biting and fang moves)

Horus - Egyptian god of the sun, war and protection. Fire/Flying.

Orcus - Demon of the underworld. Dark/Flying.

Pokemon based on some of the following eight planetary gods (Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Saturn)

-           Jupiter: Electric/Fighting type with Sap Sipper as an ability
-           Mercury: Ice/Water type focused on defense
-           Mars: Fire/Psychic type focused on special attack
-           Venus: Steel/Fairy type
-           Uranus: Flying type
-           Neptune: Water type
-           Pluto: Ghost/Dark type
-           Saturn: Psychic/Fairy type

EDIT: I'm also going to start thinking up a title for this game. The villainous team of the game will be Cipher from Colosseum and XD: Gale Of Darkness (if you never played them then I recommend to look up the plot so this makes sense). So there will be both gym battling and shadow pokemon catching. I plan on having the shadow pokemon know a move that either they could only know in a previous generation or have never previously known.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime4th June 2014, 4:57 pm

I loved those games (yet they were too hard for me to finish...XD)

Maybe the title should involve gods and shadows mixed together somehow. Like Shades of Heaven or something.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime4th June 2014, 5:00 pm

Pokemon XD: Shades Of Heaven would work. ^^

Some quick backstory. At the end of XD: Gale Of Darkness, one top member of Cipher vowed not to give up on the shadow pokemon plan and declared the main character their biggest enemy. So he's brought what's left of the organization to the region in the fangame for one last attempt at succeeding with the shadow pokemon plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea   My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Fan Made Pokemon Game Idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top