The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Bad Wolf

Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime29th April 2014, 12:33 am

I don't know if there is a thread about this... if there is, I'm sorry >_>

So, after the recent unveiling of the new design I had a discussion with a friend about fashion. We only got to see the school uniform and the senshi outfit, but do you think they will upgrade the day to day fashion?? Do you want them to make new outfits?

My concern began when I was discussing Mamoru's (lack of) sense of fashion. I personally would love an upgrade... I mean

I cant stand that cow-print vest:

I want to know what do you think  Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion 1955989781 
Back to top Go down
http://koijustice.tumblr.com http://sayuri-chiba.deviantart.com
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime29th April 2014, 7:41 pm

I kind of hope they keep the same cute-sy style but update it to like a modern sense of what cute-sy fashion is in Japan. I would be happy with that or with the same kind of style we saw in the old anime. And I don't care what Mamo wears but I hope he looks hot  Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion 111859084 I feel like there's no WAY they'll go without giving him his black shirt/green jacket combo.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime30th April 2014, 5:34 am

I think it will be updated at least to some degree. The casual outfits in PGSM reflected the fashion during the time it was filmed. And as weird as the outfits in the manga and original anime look, they were pretty on-target for Japan at that time in the 90s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime30th April 2014, 9:16 am

I actually like Mamoru's shirt in the third one, but he had some super ugly 80s/90s taste in clothing. He owned a silky purple button down shirt for crying out loud. 

I don't have any high expectations for their taste in fashion. I just hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime30th April 2014, 2:31 pm

Aurae wrote:
I think it will be updated at least to some degree. The casual outfits in PGSM reflected the fashion during the time it was filmed. And as weird as the outfits in the manga and original anime look, they were pretty on-target for Japan at that time in the 90s.

That's good to hear! Idk I'm in love with Japanese kawaii-type fashion right now and I'm kind of hoping they'll show it a little bit  Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion 1434556979 
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime30th April 2014, 2:57 pm

as long as they keep the signature green jacket/black shirt/gray pants for mamoru i'm all good.

plus i definitely want to see the influence of japanese fashion now in the anime. it'd be cool to see some of it. c:
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime8th May 2014, 2:13 pm

Yeah, I think they will update it, but I hope they still keep all the individual styles. Like, nothing like jeans and uggs or crap like that - it really does not need to reflect real like that much. =p I actually liked most of the clothes in the original - although Mamo's are definitely questionable at times. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime8th May 2014, 2:17 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Yeah, I think they will update it, but I hope they still keep all the individual styles. Like, nothing like jeans and uggs or crap like that - it really does not need to reflect real like that much. =p I actually liked most of the clothes in the original - although Mamo's are definitely questionable at times. ^^;

I think the only one I could see wearing Uggs is Minako and maybe Usagi. I think we'll definitely see some leggings and skinny jeans though.  Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion 111859084
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime14th May 2014, 12:05 pm

I agree with what Aurae said, they modernized PGSM outfits and if you look at the later Myus like between 04 and 05 you'll see their casual outfits reflected modern fashion.

As Jupi said, I hope they keep their individual styles too, its something I really loved about the original anime series. Everyone had different outfits episode to episode and they all had their own particular style.

Maybe to get an idea of what we might see, we should look at Japanese fashion magazines or something. xD I know that's hard to find unless you live in Japan but I'm thinking research is needed!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime15th May 2014, 4:34 pm

I think it'll be modernized to reflect the fashion of today. Why if you are doing a reboot, would you keep something old? Sailor Moon is from the 90s but this is an adaption of *today*. They just happen to be dressed the way they do IMO because that was the time period it was written in. Nodding toward what Brit said, I feel their fashion could be kept up to date during any time the story is taking place. It isn't locked in one time period.

Def. with Lauren on individuals styles for sure. Just, modernized ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime16th May 2014, 7:09 am

Ok so I've done a little research. When I search for modern trends in Japan, I tend to get the Tokyo Street fashion type stuff you'd see in like Akihabara. I think we'll see maybe some of that on characters like Minako, possibly villains(?), and minor characters who pop up (we may have like those one time characters who are very fashion forward or something).

I have some examples of what I could see being used.

This one, the girl on the right in the black tights.
Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion Fashion_on_the_streets_of_japan_640_high_01

Mamoru...? o_o;;; (lol i doubt it, this reminds me too much of the PGSM episode where Jupiter appears)
Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion Fashion_on_the_streets_of_japan_640_high_09

More behind the spoiler:

I think the rest will be very modest and toned down, much like typical western clothing. I did a search for  洋服 (yōfuku "western clothing") and checked out the image results on google.

Click here if you want to look at the results.

A couple of images I think that give us an idea of possible fashion.
Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion Le-tote-600

Rest Behind the Spoiler:

I think also take a look at the Sailor Moon clothing that's been coming out. I think that gives us an idea of what the trends are right now.

I think thats all I'll put for now. Itd be fun to fill up this thread with lots of Japanese fashion pictures. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime20th June 2014, 1:04 pm

I read that everyone's casual outfits will be redesigned to follow the trends right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion   Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Fashion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top