The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Writer's Block

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blue-orchid
Pyramidal Crystal

blue-orchid

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fan Fiction Rei Hino. Anime Seiya. Manga Mamoru.

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime16th March 2014, 5:35 pm

Have you ever had an idea so rich and grand hit you out of nowhere – this lightning bolt storyline of epic proportion that makes your eyes bulge and your heart race with excitement?
Read More:

Introducing
The Writer's Block Tumblr_n2jzmn45go1qie4uso1_400

A place for idea havers and idea executers alike to collaborate to finally bring life to long neglected notepad documents. Come in with your half finished fanfics, your one-shots, your jotted down nonsensical iphone notes, and propose a very basic idea for writers to catch interest and make you an offer.

How does it work?
Each "Idea Executive" may post up to 3 ads with a two sentence max description for each ad to prevent idea theft:
Quote :
Main Ship(s)/Supporting Characters: Rei & Her Miko Garbs/All Main Characters
Genre(s): Angst, Jealousy, Ghosts
Description: Rei's miko garbs have come alive. Shenanigans ensue.
OPEN

A single writer* may then PM the Idea Executive if moderately interested in one or more of that persons ads.**

The Idea Executive would then share a small sample of their work – maybe an excerpt of text, a chapter, or a more clear description of their vision.

Then the writer would either
1. politely decline if disinterested upon briefing
2. suggest a possible change to the idea before the writer were to take it on, or
3. accept the challenge whole-heartedly without change to the plot’s backbone.

And only upon the agreement from both parties, must the Idea Executive go back to their original ad and edit it to the following:
Quote :
Main Ship(s)/Supporting Characters: Rei & Her Miko Garbs/All Main Characters
Genre(s): Angst, Jealousy, Ghosts
Description: Rei's miko garbs have come alive. Shenanigans ensue.
CLOSED – CURRENT WRITER: [WRITER’S NAME]

Then, and ONLY then, would you be free to begin collaborating in solidifying the idea. Remember that the main objective here is to add depth, round out, and overall inspire each other to come up with a great piece of work. The option of leaving the story entirely in the writers hands is up to the idea executive, but the writer also has a choice if they feel comfortable only writing additional paragraphs to inspire the idea executive and so on. Taking turns, or leaving it to the writer, it is all in what feels comfortable for the both of you. Once a chapter reaches completion, and if both parties feel they are comfortable with posting it, the chapter would then be proofed by the idea executive prior to release as a courtesy. The choice of releasing each chapter to the public or to the guild for constructive criticism is also a choice to be made between writer and idea haver.

Writer’s Q&A:
What’s in it for me? Potential friendships!! Honing your craft!! Spreading your name!! WORDS!! Seriously, think of the possibilities. Think of a story snowballing to have upwards of 10 writers. Not only would that be a fantastic starting base for new friends, but it would result in a collaborative piece that showcases just how great a community can be.

What if I can no longer continue writing for this idea? At that point, the story would then once again become an idea that could be reopened to new writers. The Idea Executive would section off your written parts to give rightful credit, acknowledgement, and praise, and would reopen the ad to new writers.

*No more than one writer per story to prevent confusion and idea theft.
**At this point, the Idea Executive and the writer will be held to a confidentiality agreement via the honor system to prevent idea theft.
Special thank you to Brit (Small Lady) for making the poster!
Back to top Go down
http://bluemeowchids.tumblr.com

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime19th March 2014, 12:22 am

Great idea but what about non sailor moon ideas? How could we make those work?
Back to top Go down
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime21st March 2014, 8:15 pm

I really like this idea! Makes me want to pump out some ideas!
The Writer's Block Happy_sailor_moon
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime24th December 2014, 5:29 am

This idea deserves a little bump. (:
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime31st December 2014, 5:12 pm

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for such an idea, but this is something I posted in another thread here on GC:

Quote :

This thread reminds me of an idea I had last week that I considered posting about in the Writing Guild.

What if we as a forum (or the Writing Guild of this forum) worked to create our own Ultimate Sailor Moon fan fiction? 
It would be a huge undertaking, but it would essentially be an amazing expanded universe of the original ideas, incorporating the best parts of Manga, anime(s), Myu, Live Action, and art book notes.

Yes, it wouldn't be from Takeuchi-sensei herself, but we could take what's there and work together to create all the fine details and character development ourselves.

In essence, this idea was spawned by critiques of Crystal, and subsequently other versions of Sailor Moon, where there was mention of 
-not enough character development
-not enough downtime interaction between the Senshi
-not enough Silver Millennium + ancient Earth kingdom back story
-no build-up for Shitennou/Senshi pairings
-more details about Crystal Tokyo
-more about senshi from other star systems
-not enough back story for Shitennou/Ayakashi Sisters/Witches 5/Amazoness Quartet

etc.

My thoughts are that collectively, we as devoted fans would be able to put together an ultimate fanon to fill in these gaps and use our talents to turn it into a massive set of stories, spanning all of time and space in the Sailor Moon universe.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime31st December 2014, 6:37 pm

sounds like i good idea!
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime31st December 2014, 7:24 pm

How about I make a new thread for this discussion?
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

The Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Block   The Writer's Block I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Writer's Block

View previous topic View next topic Back to top