The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

LA Sailor Moon fan film~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime10th December 2011, 11:24 pm

Small Lady wrote:
I'm glad that you were able to put a good perspective on the cinemtography, while I can sit here and pull apart some of the script and acting (there are a lot of things that just don't work for me at all), I certainly don't have the experience you do for the technical video work, Reiko. So awesome review on that!

Naru was very off character. She was too valley girl. I would have preferred someone to try to do a bad rendition of the Dic DUB version of Naru/Molly. I'll take a bad Brooklyn accent over that boy crazy valley girl representation of one of my favorite side characters. Naru is supposed to be fairly intelligent and not too overly boy crazy (especially not in the manga, a bit more so in the anime). But she had a tendency to not freak out about cute guys. In fact, Naru never even once seemed interested in Motoki at the arcade in any versions of Sailor Moon (anime, manga, PGSM...) I really just don't get it.

The other thing is when Tuxedo Mask shows up during the fight scene. He pretty much just takes over the fight while Sailor Moon flails about (yeah she killed the monster, but it was by accident and not by her at least attempting to fight). Now, normally, if I were in the situation, I think freaking out in the corner while someone else is beating up the bad guy would be a normal reaction. That might be normal of any teenage girl. Except the whole point of Sailor Moon is about her being AWESOME and kicking butt even if she's terrified and flailing about!

Having him take over the entire fight just...really defeats the purpose of Sailor Moon to me. And the way the scene was shot and handled with Tuxedo telling her to run. Like, yeah Tuxedo is supposed to be a bit stand offish and such...but a controlling jerk? Hm. Where are my corny lines like... "Crying isn't going to solve anything, Sailor Moon!" (Which haha ironic enough crying sort of did in that first episode). I think if that pivotal scene had been handled better between the script and camera work. I would have had a lot less complaints about the film. I could have maybe even tolerated Naru.

Now if only poor Luna could be redone. I know animation 3D models is hard (i've tried it and failed horribly) but if you're going to include it, try not to make your cat look like a demon. Like if anything, they could have gotten away with a slightly more stylized cuter cat. Because the part where they show her silhouette was really great, but all the up close shots...ugh. Poor poor Luna. Sad

Thanks Brit. You've also touched upon several points I agree with.

I think they made Naru extra hyper and valley girlish to establish this "Hey, we're young girls and we're boy crazy" feel. They only had a few scenes to characterize these girls as teens but they went overboard. Also, I think they made her forward in this way to make Bunny seem like the indecisive friend. I definitely don't agree with the execution and GOOD LORD KRIS WOODSIDE CANNOT ACT TO SAVE HER DYING GRANDMOTHER'S LIFE but I can still sort of see where they're coming from.

Likewise, I also believe fhe "fight" scene (hahah WHAT FIGHT SCENE?) had another purpose. The last part of the film shows Luna finding Bunny and alludes to the beginning of her training. Because of this, I believe that despite Avery Danielle wearing the costume during the previous scene, she wasn't exactly supposed to be Sailor Moon. She was supposed to be Bunny wearing an outfit and having no idea what's going on yet impulsively using her powers. I wish there had been more of a point to it (per tradition, Naru really should have been the one attacked) but what can you do? The script is obviously not a strong point of the film. Also, why go to the trouble of casting a parkour tracer if you're not going to use him to your full advantage?

As for Luna, I respect the effort that went into creating her because that stuff is not easy to do but perhaps make one that looks less demon (cough DOG) like next time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th December 2011, 8:50 am

I wished they spend more time on filming Bunny's life instead of having the long moon kingdom opening. Most people who watched it are probably old Sailor Moon fans that have already seen the series. For the new fans they could have still done the moon kingdom opening, but shorten it.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Sailor Moon the Movie (Independent Short)   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th October 2012, 9:08 pm

Hi Moonies Im curious have you seen the Sailor Moon the Movie that was made by The Sailor Moon Abridge Crew. I havtta say they really did a good job the sound image were incredible. I felt like I was watching the real movie. You could tell how hard they work on it.

1.But Im curious have any of you Moonies watched it

2.What are your thoughts of it do you like it

LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 1805429032

Last edited by SerenaChiba630 on 7th October 2012, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th October 2012, 9:20 pm

I haven't seen it but would definitely like to^^! Could you link it here?
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th October 2012, 9:26 pm

Afcross here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrp6O9npR_c enjoy and hopefully you like it tell me what you thought about it afterwards Smile
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th October 2012, 9:46 pm

Thankies!
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th October 2012, 10:12 pm

it was good. but i want them to go back to what they do best. making SAilor Moon super funny. back to making more SMA
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8th October 2012, 11:11 am

...and stopping some bad jokes (mostly the fat ones... and what part of Minako makes her a baytche?) and bring Emo Rei Piercing Your Eardrums back.

Their movie is still great though. :B Defenitely would like to see more, if there is more one day.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8th October 2012, 3:45 pm

Agree with all you guys they did a wonderful job but they should continue working on there videos
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8th October 2012, 6:26 pm

Hey we already have a thread on this somewheres....if I can find it I'll merge this one with it. :3
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8th October 2012, 7:38 pm

@Small Lady Omg Im sorry I didn't know there so many threads hehe but if you can sure merge it To the other thread Smile
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8th October 2012, 7:56 pm

ok i merged the threads. Smile This one was a bit far back so that may have been why you didn't see it. No biggie. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8th October 2012, 8:01 pm

@Small Lady thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Sailor Moon fan film~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top