The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

LA Sailor Moon fan film~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 10:33 am

JoJiaMystie wrote:
Brit-chan wrote:
Should there be people saying "IT SUCKS" or that Avery "IS FAT OMG"? No. Definitely NO.

Fat?? She's not fat!

I saw a few comments on youtube and on tumblr with some people fat slamming her. It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 11:36 am

Brit-chan wrote:
JoJiaMystie wrote:
Brit-chan wrote:
Should there be people saying "IT SUCKS" or that Avery "IS FAT OMG"? No. Definitely NO.

Fat?? She's not fat!

I saw a few comments on youtube and on tumblr with some people fat slamming her. It's ridiculous.

I can't believe it and somehow I'm not really surprised! 1)There are so many jealous people out there 2)So many mean people also!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 12:29 pm

JoJia, I was going to say that. Isn't amazing that jealousy brings the worse out of people? Or that this world is filled with mean people. I thought all the actors looked great though I wish Tuxedo Mask was little bit hotter XD
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 12:39 pm

I think guy looks good even thought he is not my type, but I don't think he looks like Tuxedo Mask, you know the blue eyes, the sight also. I also thought he would be taller and larger too. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 12:40 pm

JoJiaMystie wrote:
I think guy looks good even thought he is not my type, but I don't think he looks like Tuxedo Mask, you know the blue eyes, the sight also. I also thought he would be taller and larger too. Wink

I know its nitpicky, but the upclose shot of his face when he woke up...all I could look at was this tiny little pimple on his lip. And i just wanted to reach through the screen and pop it. ><
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 12:42 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
JoJiaMystie wrote:

I know its nitpicky, but the upclose shot of his face when he woke up...all I could look at was this tiny little pimple on his lip. And i just wanted to reach through the screen and pop it. ><

Ha! Ha! Ha! That's the funniest things I've read today Brit! LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 2041938683
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 12:56 pm

JoJiaMystie wrote:
Brit-chan wrote:
JoJiaMystie wrote:

Ha! Ha! Ha! That's the funniest things I've read today Brit! LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 2041938683

Lolz! That's the same thing that would immediately cross my Mom's mind. She's basically like: "Pimple - must pop it!" ^_^"
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 1:09 pm

Haha I didn't notice he had a pimple! JoJia, I agree. He isn't my type either.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 1:57 pm

I just showed this to my brothers and my one little brothers screamed "Edward Cullen!" when they showed Tuxedo Mask outside of the police car. I nearly died! They may not know much about Sailor Moon, but they had all the same feelings we do. In fact, for them, they felt it relied way to much on prior knowledge of the series. I had to explain what was happening and they were like, "oh yeah".

LunaOsa, it's totally okay that you liked it! I'm glad people do so it gives them the encouragement to keep going. They just need to work on some things in order to improve. I thought the parts with the Moon Kingdom were so sweet and then the rest of the "movie" kinda fell flat.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 1:58 pm

I am quite grateful to see people vocalizing both their negative and favorable opinions on this movie. Like Jo and B-chan, I think it is horrendous. I was worried about admitting this for fear of being considered a bad fan but it is nice to see that I am not the only one feels this way.

Likewise, it is perfectly ok for those who do like this film to express why they enjoyed it! This forum is a place of shared and differing opinions and there is certainly no reason why one should feel as if they are in the wrong for liking something if others do not. Telling us why you did or did not favor this movie is always an interesting and fun experience, to see things as others do and then kindly disagree.

So for those who did like this movie -- that is wonderful! There is nothing more exciting than to see more artistic expressions of your favorite fandom. So I am quite happy for all of you. Smile And for those who did not like this movie, it is perfectly alright for you to express why. So far everyone here has been very respectful of each other and the negative comments posted have been backed up with concise explanations. Smile

All in all, I am quite pleased to see everyone respecting each other while still feeling comfortable enough to vocalize your opinions. LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 2:26 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
All in all, I am quite pleased to see everyone respecting each other while still feeling comfortable enough to vocalize your opinions. LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 1434556979

That's what this place is supposed to be about!

And innocentvenus, that's what i thought too! Except, it more like "EYEBROWS" for me. But i feel bad for nitpicking on his looks. He's kinda cute. I think it'll be hard to find someone perfect enough for the role of Tuxedo Mask. Even among top celebrities. Naoko really knew how to design the perfect man (well there's also Flynn Rider from Tangled, but there we go another fictional character XD).
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st December 2011, 3:34 pm

I know right? Tuxedo Mask would be impossible to cast because almost no one could live up to what Naoko designed. ❤
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 10:05 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I am quite grateful to see people vocalizing both their negative and favorable opinions on this movie. Like Jo and B-chan, I think it is horrendous. I was worried about admitting this for fear of being considered a bad fan but it is nice to see that I am not the only one feels this way.

Likewise, it is perfectly ok for those who do like this film to express why they enjoyed it! This forum is a place of shared and differing opinions and there is certainly no reason why one should feel as if they are in the wrong for liking something if others do not. Telling us why you did or did not favor this movie is always an interesting and fun experience, to see things as others do and then kindly disagree.

So for those who did like this movie -- that is wonderful! There is nothing more exciting than to see more artistic expressions of your favorite fandom. So I am quite happy for all of you. Smile And for those who did not like this movie, it is perfectly alright for you to express why. So far everyone here has been very respectful of each other and the negative comments posted have been backed up with concise explanations. Smile

I think that is honestly one of my favorite things about GC. I have been apart of four different Sailor Moon forums before this one (and one I am still moderately active), but if I post an opinion of mine, I have to be ready to back up my opinion because people take things too litteral or go after you because of your opinion. It's sad, but at least there is one place I don't have to really worry about backing up my opinions and that is GC. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 10:33 am

Paprika wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:

I think that is honestly one of my favorite things about GC. I have been apart of four different Sailor Moon forums before this one (and one I am still moderately active), but if I post an opinion of mine, I have to be ready to back up my opinion because people take things too litteral or go after you because of your opinion. It's sad, but at least there is one place I don't have to really worry about backing up my opinions and that is GC. ^^

I think the big difference with GC is actually that people here are mature enough to understand what an opinion actually is and that's what makes it so interesting to debate about any subjects.

And Jupiter, I just love how you write, you always put the right words at the right place, and I'm talking about any of the threads here you have written your comments in. You are faboulous! Wink
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 11:58 am

I gave the short an honest try. All I want is the last 19 minutes of my life back. None of it felt like Sailor Moon. Ya know? That feeling you get when you snuggle up on the couch or in bed to watch the anime or read the manga? Just this sense of magicalness that cannot be anything but? I was able to capture that feeling with Lord of the Rings when I read it and when I watched (and I do understand this was produced on the completely opposite end of the financial spectrum). But I would hope it to hold the same anticipation. I guess I got my hopes up way too high.

They seemed to really misunderstand the true nature of every character. I mean, really, come on! Usagi is not ALWAYS a dumb blonde. By no means is she "fat", but I did expect someone a little more graceful and elegant looking. Naru isn't like that at all. She's usually quite and urges Usagi to do the right thing doesn't she? Melvin ... I don't know where to begin. Darien looks like that guy from Heroes (season 1 he was the bad guy, Sylar. His name is Zachary Quinto). His eyebrows freak me out. Luna is a demon cat from hell and not the cute little do-gooder I have grown accustomed to, and what the crap is up with the very unenthusiastic "Moon Power Make Up"?

We all know there are things with the costumes/makeup that could have been improved upon. *cough*Sailor Moon wig*cough*

All in all, it seemed too ... American? Is that an ok way to describe it?
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 12:26 pm

Well, I personally don't have any issues with it being dub-like. They just should've used dub names. It would've made so much more sense.

But while I do like parts of it, as others have said, they could use some improvement. Tempted to rewatch it to point out other things in this second post, but "Naru" was more than a little out of character. I would've liked it if Sailor Moon had done more than just kill the monster at the very end, though.

Maybe they'll improve in the second installment, since this seems more like a serial than an actual movie.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 12:33 pm

Quote :
Well, I personally don't have any issues with it being dub-like. They
just should've used dub names. It would've made so much more sense.

Totally agree. Seeing how it takes place in America then all of the dubs should be used. I prefer having Usagi called Serena than Bunny. I know Usgai means rabbit, but I don't like dub name Bunny. I don't know why I just don't.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 2:28 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Quote :
Well, I personally don't have any issues with it being dub-like. They
just should've used dub names. It would've made so much more sense.

Totally agree. Seeing how it takes place in America then all of the dubs should be used. I prefer having Usagi called Serena than Bunny. I know Usgai means rabbit, but I don't like dub name Bunny. I don't know why I just don't.

Probably because Bunny is a name of an animal and we don't usually name our kids after animals here. The whole point of Usagi's japanese name is that it's a pun and thats why you can get away with it. Usagi Tsukino literally means "rabbit of the moon". Usagi meaning rabbit and Tsukino being broken down into Tsuki (moon) and no (no literally meaning, kind of used as a possesive. best way i can explain it). All of the names in SM are for the most part are puns or mean something significant to the character. The reason Serena worked so well for the English dub is that its a derivative of Serenity and can make sense that Serenity is Serena's past life (Although i admit i never liked that they called her Princess Serena in the dub originally >.>). Bunny sounds weird to us because its akin to celebrities naming their children weird names like Apple or Blanket.

anyway, yeah, sorry for going off in a tangent there.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 2:43 pm

^ Yeah. It's all a bit awkward when you try to break it down like that to explain it. My Japanese teacher explained it to us that "no" is a particle bridges two things together so that it's "of" something. So it's like "A" and "B" bridged together to be "B of A" or "B of the A" ... so it would read as "A no B."

A= Moon
B= Rabbit

Moon no Rabbit = Rabbit of the Moon

It's just something you get after awhile. LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 3050727640

Last edited by innocentvenus on 2nd December 2011, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 2:46 pm

No, you're fine. That make senses and it gave me reason to why I don't like Bunny as a name. You know what's sad I just noticed in most animes like Sailor Moon the characters names are puns. -_-
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 2:48 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
No, you're fine. That make senses and it gave me reason to why I don't like Bunny as a name. You know what's sad I just noticed in most animes like Sailor Moon the characters names are puns. -_-

Dragonball is a big offender of that! XD but the names are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 2:51 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
Yamichan16 wrote:

Dragonball is a big offender of that! XD but the names are hilarious.

Gundam Wing is a serious offender of this too! Nearly everyone is named after a number in a different language (as well as a characteristic)!

So take Heero Yuy as an example. his name when translated is "the one and only"
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2011, 3:05 pm

Tokyo Mew Mew is also like that. The characters are named after food and their attacks are puns. In Kids Next Door some of the character's last names are numbers in different languages.
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 6:33 pm

I'll just import what I wrote over at Miss Dream:

Speaking in all honesty, I was not too terribly impressed. I don't want to downplay the amount of effort involved or suggest such effort was all for naught, but my opinion on the matter of live-action Sailor Moon media remains the same: it does not translate very well. PGSM makes me giggle because of the hammy acting (I'm looking at you, Beryl) and energetic cast; this rendition, however, simply felt... awkward; amateurish. Indeed, it is by its very nature an "amateur" production; but I spent most of the video either mentally cringing or scratching my head. The acting fluctuates, although I would say it is mediocre to sub par across the board; the special effects and wardrobe are passable given the limited budget; and the writing is unremarkable. Though I make no claim to being a professional filmmaker or film critic, I cannot help but think that some decent editing and directing would have gone a long way. For example, several shots are far too close to the actor's face even though he or she is in the midst of dialoguing with another character. The Naru/Bunny scene in Crown Parlor is a strong example of such missteps.

I cannot buy into the age of the actors versus the age of the characters. Presumably they are in high school, yes? Yet the actors are all clearly in their 20s or older. Thus they are constantly in costume, even when they have not transformed. I will give PGSM a good deal of credit for being faithful to the age and appearance of the Sailor Senshi. Put bluntly, the actors in this film---namely, Naru and Bunny as schoolgirls---appear to be dressed up in preparation for a bad porno. The school uniforms are that ridiculous in my eyes.

Moving back onto the acting, it would help if they would slow down when speaking. Even if you are an energetic schoolgirl, the audience should be able to understand the words which are being spoken. One too many times the actors would swallow their words or blurt out lines in one breath. Let the viewer digest what is being spoken; that is the beauty of film.

This is not a serious criticism, but the whole Tuxedo Kamen smoke bomb scene made me laugh. My first inclination was to make a riff about Mamoru training under Henri Ducard in the Far East---after all, Mamoru Chiba knows well that death does not wait for you to be ready. Then I sat and watched Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen perform the slowest getaway in recent memory. Very strange, very silly.

The bottom line is I have trouble taking Sailor Moon seriously when it is transferred into the live-action medium. It would be unfair to judge all possible live-action efforts on the basis of one fan film, yet I am still compelled to assert that Sailor Moon is best served as an animation and/or illustration. I am always open to the possibility to having my mind changed on the issue, however; I totally could not buy into Captain America as a serious concept until I watched the most recent movie.

Now we need "Sailor V: The First Sailor Soldier".
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 6:48 pm

Good points there Mercury. I didn't like their uniforms either.

Cheers Yes we need a live action Sailor V short film! I think that would be epic!
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 8:05 pm

In case anyone missed this (but I doubt it Razz), here is MoonKitty.net's review of the movie:

Kind of disappointed in his review. I have no problem with him liking it, but he spent really no time going over it like he normally does. Did agree about the opening song. I love it! I keep listening to it lol.

Mercury, you made great points. I don't understand those uniforms. I've used to attend a private school before and our uniforms looked nothing like that. I thought that maybe Bunny and Naru looked messy on purpose to show that they were outcasts (I don't get why Naru would be), but re-watching it everyone looked rather sloppy. I know some public schools require uniforms now but they still look better than those.

That isn't the only issue with costume choices. The female detective looked like she was either going to or coming back from a party. Totally inappropriate for a female officer. And speaking of those two, didn't they see Tuxedo Mask walking with his head down like some guilty man? Or the way he was peering into their car like that? They seemed a bit oblivious.

Has anyone watched the making of segments on Youtube? I love watching all these behind the scenes stuff. I watched the becoming Sailor Moon one and I was a little surprised they would have her wig on before putting her costume on. They had to maneuver the sailor cape portion around the wig. Wouldn't be easier to do the wig last? Just a question. Embarassed

Last edited by innocentvenus on 3rd December 2011, 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 8:08 pm

I second a live-action sailor V movie!
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 8:12 pm

I'm glad they made the effort to create a fan movie. Sure, there are many things that I don't like about it, but I'm willing to let it slide, because it is fan-made. I guess my expectations weren't terribly high to begin with. I liked the opening, up until the point that Princess Serenity was crying. She was just in an awkward position, in my opinion. The opening music was nice. ^^

And yes, Luna looks more feral than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 8:16 pm

I was somewhat disappointed in Moon Kitty's review. I was hoping he would break it down bit by bit. Though I glad I wasn't the only that had issues with Beryl talking and Luna.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2011, 8:39 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I was somewhat disappointed in Moon Kitty's review. I was hoping he would break it down bit by bit. Though I glad I wasn't the only that had issues with Beryl talking and Luna.

I can't watch his whole review on it. He's just too biased imo. I think he is pretty close with the people that made the film, especially with the crazy amount of advertising he's done for the film in comparison to the other fanfilms that are in the works right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Sailor Moon fan film~   LA Sailor Moon fan film~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Sailor Moon fan film~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top