The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Festibration Recipe Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

Festibration Recipe Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime14th December 2013, 6:16 am

Are you looking for the perfect recipe? Or do you wish to share your favorite one?

If so, you're come to the right place!

The GC's 12 days of Recipes Thread!

Day 1: Anything Goes!

Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime14th December 2013, 10:31 am

I recently found a recipe for Peppermint Brittle Very Happy

You will need:
2 pounds of white chocolate
30 small peppermint candy canes

• Take the chocolate and melt it in a microwave safe container unless it's all melted and smooth. The recipe says the time should be 5 to 6 minutes depending on the microwave.
  • Line a jellyroll pan or even a cake pan with heavy duty tin foil.
  • Place the candy canes in a plastic bad or between 2 pieces of wax paper and use a mallet or rolling pin to crush them into small pieces.
  • Stir the peppermint chunks into the melted chocolate and spread evenly into the pan. Chill until set or about one hour.
  • Hit the pan against the counter to break it into chunks and voila! Peppermint Brittle ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime14th December 2013, 9:56 pm

That sounds nummy Mystery and easy. Two good combinations. ^_^

So my new favorite cookie that is great for Holiday season (and really anytime of year cause they are so delicious) is SPICY MOLASSES COOKIES. I know you're already drooling all over the keyboard. These cookies beat out gingerbread (which I love to make at this time of year) and I may just make them my new stable gift giving sweet (plus they are a lot easier and less messier than doing the whole gingerbread cookies and decorating shebang).  

These cookies are so good that once I've pulled out a batch half of them are gone while the next batch is baking...

Here's the recipe!

Spicy Molasses Cookies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes   Cook Time: 11 minutes    Difficulty: Easy as Pie   Servings: about 36

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable shortening (aka Crisco)
1/4 cup molasses
1 whole egg

2 cups flour
2-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger (I've read you can also use finely chopped fresh ginger, I've never done it but I bet its good)
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1/4 tsp. salt

How to the doing:

Preheat your oven to 350 degree F.

Mix the sugar, molasses, shortening, and egg together. You can use an electric mixer, but I usually do it by hand.  

Then dump in all the dry ingredients (flour, spices, salt, and baking soda).

Note: If you are missing any of the above spices, not a huge deal. You can use cinnamon and a bit of allspice. However, imo, having ground cloves and cardamom on hand is great even if you don't use them often. Keep in mind, cloves and cardamom are quite strong so don't over do it!  

Mix everything together gently until everything's well combined.  I often get tired of the spoon, wash my hands, and get down to work. They come out just fine. ;)But don't over do it!

Next, in your hands, begin rolling the dough into walnut-sized balls, then generously coat each ball with sugar.

Then pop them suckers in the oven and bake 'em for 9 to 11 minutes, or about one minute after the surface begins to crack. If they aren't cracked yet, let them go longer!

Let them cool a bit so they don't burn your mouth then nom the chibi out of those cookies. These cookies are delicious warm and cool.

Fun variation: drizzle melted white chocolate in decorative stripes over the top of each cookie. Allow to harden before serving. Or: dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate. Yum.

Another fun variation: make sandwiches using two cookies and a scoop of cinnamon ice cream. Yikes.

Another really fun variation: eat all the cookies yourself, then hide all the evidence. <-- I follow this option everytime.
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime15th December 2013, 1:24 pm

On the second day of the festibration, the GC gave to me...

A chocolate pie recipe!

• 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust

• 5 large marshmallows

• 4 (1.55 ounce) bars aerated milk chocolate candy bar

• 2 (1.6 ounce) bars caramel milk chocolate candy bar

• 1 cup heavy cream

1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine marshmallows, chocolate bars and 1/3 cup of cream. Microwave on high, stirring occasionally, until everything is melted and smooth.

2. In a medium bowl, whip remaining cream until it is light and fluffy. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spread entire mixture into graham cracker crust; cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime16th December 2013, 10:59 am

I know y'all eat. Share your recipes!
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime16th December 2013, 11:36 am

Thank you Marsie! Festibration Recipe Thread! 1955989781 

On the third day of the festibration, the GC gave to me...

A potato soup recipe! 

Light Loaded Potato Soup

YIELD: 4 servings
Ingredients:
4 (6-ounce) red potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 1/4 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 bacon slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Directions:

Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the broth and the potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Cook the potatoes, covered, until they are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
Combine the flour and the milk in a large measuring cup. Bring to a boil, stirring often, being careful to not let the milk boil over. Cook for 1 minute. Coarsely mash potatoes into soup using a potato masher. For a smoother texture, use an immersion blender to blend the soup. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
Ladle the soup into four bowls and top with the bacon, cheese, and green onions.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime16th December 2013, 5:16 pm

Mmmm that seems like a great recipe. I love making potato soup. I'll have to try this variation!
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime17th December 2013, 3:04 pm

Bump!

And today's recipe, from question-the-senshi (my sister sent the ask in):

Cherry Pie!

You’ll need:

• 600g frozen pitted cherries

•  1 tablespoon lemon juice

•  1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

•  1/3 cup raw sugar

•  2 tablespoons cornflour

•  1 egg white, lightly beaten

•  Vanilla ice-cream, to serve

[size]
You can buy frozen pastry if you want, but if you want to make you’ll need:
[/size]

•  1 1/3 cups plain flour
  •  1/2 cup self-raising flour
  •  1/4 cup custard powder
  •  1/4 cup caster sugar
  •  150g butter, chilled, chopped
  •  1 egg
  •  2 tablespoons iced water

[size][color][size][font]
Now the steps!
[/font][/size][/color][/size]

1. Make Pastry: Place flours, custard powder, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and iced water. Process until dough just comes together. Turn pastry out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, combine cherries, lemon juice, cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until cherries have thawed and sugar is dissolved. Blend cornflour with 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl. Stir into cherry mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Cool completely. 

3. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C (392°F/356°Ffan-forced. Place an oven tray in oven. Grease a 4cm-deep, 20cm (base) round pie dish. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line base and side of prepared dish (about 30cm). Line dish with pastry. Trim edge. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

4. Spoon cooled cherry mixture into pastry. Roll out remaining pastry between 2 sheets baking paper, to form a 25cm-round. Using a sharp knife, cut pastry round into 2cm-wide strips. Arrange pastry strips over filling to create a criss-cross lattice pattern. Press edges to seal. Trim edge. Brush pastry with a little egg white. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place pie dish on heated tray in oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp (cover pastry edge with foil if over-browning). Stand for at least 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with ice-cream.
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime21st December 2013, 1:34 pm

Bump!!!!

Today's recipe, from handletheheat.com

Spicy Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Chicken
YIELD: 4 servings

PREP TIME: 15 minutes

COOK TIME: 16 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes

ingredients:
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
8 slices bacon
1 teaspoon canola oil

directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl combine the green onions, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and Tabasco. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cut a 1-inch wide slit into the thick end of each chicken breast, and carefully cut into the center to form a pocket. Be careful not to slice all the way through. Divide the cheese mixture evenly between each pocket. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast.
Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken registers 165°F. Let the chicken stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime21st December 2013, 4:01 pm

Have you ever made that before? It sounds delicious and like a very easy dinner. xD
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime21st December 2013, 4:16 pm

I want to make it Festibration Recipe Thread! 2422052349
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime21st December 2013, 10:16 pm

these all look so yummy
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Recipe Thread!   Festibration Recipe Thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Festibration Recipe Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top