The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

PGSM Drinking Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 2:23 am

One sip for whenever:

1. A cape is twirled
2. Ami smiles or nods her head gratuitously
3. "C'est La Vie" is mentioned or played
4. Usagi says "USO!" ("No way," in Japanese)
5. A character says "Machinasai" (STOP RIGHT THERE)
6. There is a FLASHBACK
7. Rei runs for a long period of time
8. Senshi have color-coded items in their civilian forms (mittens, DRINKS, kimonos, chairs--but only when you can see every chair in the room)
9. The flashback of Mamoru and Usagi sharing the steamed bun on the beach is shown (drain if it's shown a second time)
10. Usagi says her whole Oshiokiyo speech.
11. Disguise power is used (One sip for every outfit. Yes, EVERY outfit)
12. Minako wears a ridiculously poofy hat or jacket

Two sips for whenever:

1. The senshi fall down individually
2. The camera captures the senshi's reactions in a cut sequence
3. Luna is seen transforming from cat to girl/girl to cat
4. Luna transforms because it's so rare, yet, downright cute (consider this a celebratory drink!)
5. Venus transforms (because her transformation is just gorgeous, another celebratory drink)
6. A human is possessed by a youma
7. Luna whacks someone with her fan
8. Nephrite calls someone a bastard
9. Kunzite screams in a flashback
10. During a fight sequence, it randomly transitions to night time
11. The camera focuses just on a character's mouth
12. The camera shows someone's hands clenching
13. Helicopter noises are heard... excluding Act 0

DRAIN whenever:

1. The episode ends with Sailor Serenity (as I've dubbed her) saying "Endymion" (towards the end of the series)
2. Sailor V does her stupid bird run
3. The camera does a close-up of a broken object
4. Minako wears a poofy hat, big jacket, AND boots
5. Makoto says "Don't fuck with me!"

This was a guaranteed 10 sips per episode (modified as of 10/06/11). Effectively, one drink per every 20 minutes. It's a fun way to nerd-out on a Saturday night and I definitely recommend it ^_^

The more idiosyncrasies I notice the more rules I'll add.

Edit: More rules added as of October 6th. The first 6 rules are still a guaranteed 10 sips per ep.

Last edited by Reiko on 6th October 2011, 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 6:47 am

Hehe. I can definitely agree with some of these points... If my memory serves me right, Usagi often said "ehhhh?!", but I could be mistaken, since people do that in a lot of series.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 6:26 pm

lols! Sounds fun. Maybe i should do that for my birthday!
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 8:33 pm

I so want to do this. XD
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 10:38 pm

Kyasariin wrote:
Hehe. I can definitely agree with some of these points... If my memory serves me right, Usagi often said "ehhhh?!", but I could be mistaken, since people do that in a lot of series.

"Eh" is the go-to Japanese expression that was used by the senshi, Usagi's mom, pretty much everyone but the shitennou. I don't think Usagi used it as much because, whenever she was surprised, the writers used that as an opportunity to build up on her exuberant character. She ended up saying "Uso" and "honto ni" a lot.

I watch this show entirely too often...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 2:56 pm

Very Happy I watched the show forever ago and every time I hear "Uso!" and "Honto ni", I read them in PGSM Usagi's voice. XD
Must try this sometime. Quick question though: what's the best site to find them on? I youtubed them when I did watch them and the quality wasn't all that great.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 3:25 pm

Ugh... I do that as well. But worse, when I'm thinking in Japanese (I've started learning it recently), I do that blank-faced pout Miyuu Sawai did.

If you go to kirari-PGSM.net, they have the acts up for download Smile
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime6th October 2011, 3:23 am

I just added a ton of more rules. The game is much more interesting now.

Now, who wants to get drunk with me? tongue
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime6th October 2011, 5:54 am

Okay, I will substitute the alcohol for something else for now. XD XD

This sounds so fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime6th October 2011, 6:57 am

Sailor Cosmos wrote:
Okay, I will substitute the alcohol for something else for now. XD XD

This sounds so fun!

Or you could just make a really light drink? Razz

Oh, trust me, I can't wait to play this when we get towards the end and my friend actually understands these jokes (I haven't told her all the rules because it'd spoil her...)
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime7th October 2011, 1:59 pm

...Fail... almost two days later I just realized Cosmos is a minor XD
Back to top Go down
Tofu
Star Seed

Tofu

Star Seed

Title : Virgo Senshi. ♥

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime10th October 2011, 9:41 pm

I wish I had a friend to play this with me.. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://roastedtofu.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime10th October 2011, 10:12 pm

I wish I could afford alcohol to do this. But then i have no one to play with either. Woo, i'll just have to be an alcoholic for the night!

OR we could livestream PGSM and play the drinking game together. XD
Back to top Go down
Tofu
Star Seed

Tofu

Star Seed

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime10th October 2011, 10:34 pm

Lol, I love the sounds of that! ^^

I wonder how we could live stream it, possibly with a chat so we
could all drunkin chat. LOL.

That would be ridiculously fun.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime10th October 2011, 10:40 pm

I have a livestream account. But since the forum is pg-13, i'd have to organize it privately. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Tofu
Star Seed

Tofu

Star Seed

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime10th October 2011, 10:42 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
I have a livestream account. But since the forum is pg-13, i'd have to organize it privately. ^^;

This is true, however I would be interested! ^^
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:10 pm

I want to see PGSM! This sounds like it would make it rather fun!
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:14 pm

Tofu wrote:
I wish I had a friend to play this with me.. Sad

MAKE A FRIEND PLAY IT WITH YOU!! I have a decent amount of friends who were into Sailor Moon at some point in their lives. I'm confident I could force the majority of them to at least watch one episode without alcohol. Add alcohol to the mix, they'd probably be willing.

Or shoot, if you have a friend who never misses a chance to drink, have them watch too!

Brit-chan wrote:
I wish I could afford alcohol to do this.

I technically can't afford it either. WHOO FOR HAVING MY PRIORITIES RIGHT IN COLLEGE!!!

Zaithat wrote:
I want to see PGSM! This sounds like it would make it rather fun!

Oh no... I just spoiled a decent amount in this post haha! I recommend watching it. Agreeable, some aspects are overstated to accommodate a younger audience but the subtleties make up for it. It can be quite rewarding.

That said... I recommend drinking AFTER you've completed the series. Not that you wouldn't be able to understand if inebriated but you appreciate the tropes in an endearing manner after watching it sober Wink
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:31 pm

Reiko wrote:
Brit-chan wrote:
I wish I could afford alcohol to do this.

I technically can't afford it either. WHOO FOR HAVING MY PRIORITIES RIGHT IN COLLEGE!!!

YAY! (Btw i think a livestream with a bunch of us would be fun like i stated before XD)
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:38 pm

Indeed it would be! But, I have to stock my freezer first. It's pathetically empty... PGSM Drinking Game 847989599
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:39 pm

Reiko wrote:
Indeed it would be! But, I have to stock my freezer first. It's pathetically empty... PGSM Drinking Game 847989599

just bought $3.99 white zin wine from target! XD
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:44 pm

OH SNAP! You're set!

I'm not a wine person. I might grow into one but I generally get my fix with vodka. But, on either accounts it's not like I can walk into a grocer or the ABC store and purchase alcohol (if only I lived in Australia).

OMG! I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA: SAILOR MOON THEMED DRINKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime6th December 2011, 8:11 am

I finally got around to doing this.

You guys.

YOU GUYS.

I realized just how evil I was. One of the rules is drain when Sailor V does her bird run--which happens in the beginning of the first episode. 1 minute in and 1 drink down was pretty crazy. We got through 8 episodes and there were 3 drains and probably 5-6 drinks outside of those drains. It wasn't as bad as I thought (haha HOPED) it would be as it was basically one drink per episode. It was spaced out enough so there wasn't any actual drunkenness. The main problem is my tiny stomach could hold any more liquid PGSM Drinking Game 847989599

Whatever. It was fun and a great way to introduce a very reluctant friend into watching the series (21 year old guy who prefers psychological thrillers). I still recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime6th December 2011, 4:20 pm

Hahaha. That sounds fun. It would make a good girls Sailor Moon nerding out night. XD
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime6th December 2011, 4:22 pm

Sad as i sip juice like a child to play this game lol XD lets play this as a group in 5 years so i can play!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime6th December 2011, 5:14 pm

You can still play with juice! XD In fact, when i first saw anime drinking games on anime fansites, I didn't realize they meant alcohol drinking games and it was just taking a drink of whatever you are drinking...lolol i was so sheltered (I was like 12 or 13 tho! XD)
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime10th December 2011, 10:57 pm

Brit, I didn't know movie-centric drinking games really existed until this year. I had only heard of beer pong and I Never.

I'm also surprised you found anime drinking games online when you were 12/13. This isn't taking a poke at your age it's just that stuff like that has been super popularized by the online community in the past 5ish years. I didn't know enough people used the internet to make drinking games like that 10+ years ago. I mean, it's common to have an internet obsession now but it was a relatively new thing back then.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime11th December 2011, 5:46 am

Reiko wrote:
Brit, I didn't know movie-centric drinking games really existed until this year. I had only heard of beer pong and I Never.

I'm also surprised you found anime drinking games online when you were 12/13. This isn't taking a poke at your age it's just that stuff like that has been super popularized by the online community in the past 5ish years. I didn't know enough people used the internet to make drinking games like that 10+ years ago. I mean, it's common to have an internet obsession now but it was a relatively new thing back then.

Aw man, I've been an internet junkie since my parents moved us from Virginia to Louisiana. I didn't have any friends and we had AOL (5.0 with a Win95 OS computer that crashed constantly cause of aol. And it was in my bedroom so i could connect whenever, even though my dad had the parental settings, but i figured out his password and got online late at night anyway. LOLS i was so bad, but at least i wasn't sneaking out of the house or anything) and i was just getting into DBZ and Sailor Moon, so I'd spend loads of time in AOL chat rooms talking about SM/DBZ/whatever. Baddly roleplaying, searching the internet for Sailor Moon and DBZ photos and midi files (on an old computer I had like the hugest folder of SM and DBZ stuff. Like no kidding. I had everything organized. I heard almost all of the original japanese music through midi files before I ever even saw it subbed). There were several fansites that had like You know you watch SM too much, games and stuff. But the site I saw a DBZ drinking game was on Temple O Trunks (which is still around, but not regularly updated anymore). I don't recall if i ever found an SM drinking game but its possible. At the time, anime popularity was different. Most people were kinda quiet about it or they were in college and stuff. You got fansubs by getting someone you know to copy a VHS for you or something. It was very different back then. No youtube. Just loads of baddly made websites through either geocities or something. I kinda miss those days of the internet. Some of the best fansites were up during those times.

Aaannnnddd I just went way off on a tangent there. ^^;; Oops sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 7:32 pm

HAHAHAHAH THE BIRD RUN OMG I thought I was the only person who noticed this!!!! I seriously laughed out loud the first time I saw it... and I laugh every time after that too because I'm like "There's no way she's actually doing this more than once..."
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 7:34 pm

Oh yeah, and there should be something for every time the senshi nod and wink at each other and then do a really intricate attack together although their only communication was winking. Like really, Minako and Rei just wink at each other and somehow that means "Hey, why don't you kick his right ankle, I'll kick his left ankle, and then when he falls down we jump on top and kick him." Like there's noooo way.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PGSM Drinking Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGSM Drinking Game   PGSM Drinking Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PGSM Drinking Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top