The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model
Usagi
Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_lcap0%Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ami
Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_lcap36%Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Minako
Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_lcap0%Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Makoto
Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_lcap14%Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Rei
Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_lcap5%Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Haruka
 0% [ 0 ]
Michiru
 0% [ 0 ]
Setsuna
Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_lcap45%Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 10 ]
Hotaru
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 10:34 am

Something I was wondering about recently was which of the Sailor Senshi would be considered to be the most responsible rode model. What I mean by that is which of them has the best qualities when you combine maturity, studiousness, respect and honesty. 

I would personally go with Setsuna myself. Being the Guardian of the Time Gates after all this time would have helped. She's mature, seems like someone who would study and take her work seriously, respected by the others and is fully devoted to her mission as a Sailor Senshi. Plus she did an excellent job as Chibiusa'a guardian and she would probably be an excellent mother to Hotaru.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 10:52 am

To be honest, I'd go with Ami if we're talking responsibility, studies, respect and maturity.

Quite a lot of senshi have these traits. Setsuna definitely, but she seems more likely to take a break and be a fun aunt or guardian while I'm would be more prone to saying no breaks, study now play later lol. Setsuna is older, and there is nothing wrong with the fun mischievous side she has but when you list those four and only those four my mind jumps straight to Ami because Setsuna in the anime and manga had albeit they were teeny tiny moments, but fun and childlike^^

Anime: her personality at times, the popsicle moment just pops into my head. She acts all serious but does an act that's goofy and she's just one of those people that it's hard to tell a first but she's got an incredible sense of humor.
Manga: she was adorable when she was raising Hotaru. Definitely a responsible parent figure, but she reminded me of a new mommy, and it's fun and exhausting and blah it's hard to explain.

She's very smart, she's definitely mature, she's got quite a bit of responsibility and she is honest and respectful (although all of them are honest and respectful when need be and all are opposite of those two at other times as well^^)

But those don't strike me as traits Setsuna is primarily linked to because it makes me think more of her past self, before she was able to join the others and experience life outside the gates.

Unlike in Ami, where I see her primary traits being about how much she loves to study, how she's always had to be the mature young lady from a wealthy home and being respectful and responsible.

Honestly if it came to studying for a test, and the others wanted a break, I could see Setsuna wanting to have with them while I'd sooner see Ami trying to get them all be responsible and study^^

Hard to choose though.

The best ones for this seems to be Ami, Setsuna, Michiru and Rei^^ The others use these traits from time to time but not often enough^^

I'd say Hotaru as well but she's had moments where she'd glare in the beginning and come off cold and unapproachable and while her bratty classmates deserved it, I could see Rei tolerating her classmates because if she didn't she'd get it from the nuns (they all admire her anyway so boo but basically, even if she didn't want to act respectful, she could do it) and then for the majority of the series after she was a kid, and considering her life before hand, it's clear she wants to have fun and would put off studying like Setsuna to take a break and go wild with the inners at the beach haha. She also learns things so fast studying would seem boring to her^^ but she's like Setsuna to me, they are so similar for me I guess.

I dunno I say Ami for my opinion^^ if there were other traits listed I might change my opinion though, it's just those instantly bring Mercury to mnd haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 10:57 am

nerf-or-nothing do you have other suggestions for "responsible" traits? I really liked your response. Ami would have been my second choice.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 11:06 am

Hmmm. I think I'll have to agree with you on that one. There are awesome things to learn from each senshi so this is a hard question :p

Ami-chan would be a top pick for me-- she's mature, studious, hard-working, and all of that. But, of course, she goes a little overboard and could potentially teach youngsters that work is all that matters.

Mako would be another one. She's caring, a great friend, and to my knowledge works pretty hard, but there's always the fact that she beats people up -.-

Hotaru is too young for me to be able to tell :p

I think in the end I'll have to agree that Setsuna would make an excellent role model. Although all of the senshi devote their lives to their mission, Setsuna endures so much loneliness for the sake of NQS. Also, she shows great maturity by supporting Serenity and Endymion's love despite the fact that she has (or had?) feelings for him. If that were me, I'd want to complain or talk to at least one of my friends about it, but in most versions she keeps her feelings completely hidden from everyone and deals with it because she knows that's how things are meant to be and it brings happiness to those who she loves.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 11:22 am

I think I would stick with Setsuna. Setsuna understands responsibility; she's spent her entire existence being responsible for guarding Time-Space--and she hasn't exactly done a poor job of it. She's serious, doesn't act on impulse, and is devoted to those she cares about. She listens to those who need someone to talk to. She does what is required even if it isn't necessarily what she wants to do.

It's not that I don't think Ami is responsible; I think Setsuna has more experience and maturity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 11:34 am

I vote for Setsuna as well. I think she would have a wonderful mix of keeping someone true to their responsibilities, while still having that fun streak that would allow someone to take a break sometimes and just enjoy life for a little bit. She knows how it feels to have to fully devote yourself to your responsibilities and nothing else, and I think she would want to teach a little young one that, while responsibilities are important, caring for yourself is important too.

Plus, she is just amazing with kids. Uwahh, I love you Setsuna, please marry me <3 Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model 1637911638

This is a neat question to consider though!
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 12:49 pm

Wow, this is a toughie. I guess in the question I have to focus on the word responsible, because it would be different if I were just to think about a role model If, for example, I was looking to look up to someone fun loving and 'famous', I'd go for Minako. If I was looking for someone who believed you can do anything you set your mind to, I'd pick Rei, if I wanted to show I could be feminine and tough, I'd pick Mako, etc.

But as you've said responsible, like the others I'm torn between Ami and Setsuna. And I'm going for Ami. She is very hard-working, generally common sense smart and obviously educationally smart. She always finds time to study and forces encourages her friends to do so too. She cares a lot about doing the right thing and is upset when he friends break rules / are embarrassing / acting crazy etc (or like when they pretty much blew up an airport).

I don't think Ami is the best role model to have, but I don't think any of the girls individually are 'perfect' and that's what makes them awesome. As much as Ami is responsible, mature and hard working, she can be too focused on that and needs the others to remind her it's ok to not always be serious.
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 4:01 pm

Aurae wrote:
I think I would stick with Setsuna. Setsuna understands responsibility; she's spent her entire existence being responsible for guarding Time-Space--and she hasn't exactly done a poor job of it. She's serious, doesn't act on impulse, and is devoted to those she cares about. She listens to those who need someone to talk to. She does what is required even if it isn't necessarily what she wants to do.

It's not that I don't think Ami is responsible; I think Setsuna has more experience and maturity.
Ditto Wink
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 4:35 pm

Ok (raise your hand if you are already guessing i'm going to reference Myu), despite Usagi's ditzy nature at times in the musicals, she's depicted as a fairly responsible person in comparison to Mamoru (who totally thinks its ok to let your future daughter run off alone on an island that you've just ship wrecked onto and have no shelter, food, or idea who/where the enemy is...but Usagi wanted to watch her).

BUT overall, I think I would have to go with either Ami, Makoto, Michiru, and Setsuna. I think Setsuna and Ami being the top two.

However if I was a Japanese person, hands down it'd be Ami. xD

But why Makoto and Michiru?

Makoto has learned how to be responsible for herself by having to live alone. She also seems to have a fondness for wanting to help/care for others (cooking for everyone, always taking care of Usagi in PGSM, etc.) I think she's a pretty good role model because even at a young age, she had to learn how to live on her own and basically be like an adult.

Michiru, well this is based off the manga as she seemed to be (next to Setsuna) one of the more responsible parents. I don't have any specific details in mind, but she's seems to also be kind of the one to hold Haruka back from just rushing into things. Being responsible, reminding her of consequences (Usagi's bday episode everyone?), not wanting taking her duty as a soldier so far as to kill her lover (Myu reference there), and so on.

And lastly, I know this is meant to be a general discussion, but I was thinking this might be a great debate topic to boost up the Debates/ Theories section. Silence Wall, what do you think? I'll move it for you if thats ok. Cause there's nothing wrong with it being here, but it can fit there too. ^^
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 4:43 pm

I have no problem with this thread being moved to the Debates/Theories section Small Lady. Feel free.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 4:52 pm

Okie doke! I'll be adding debate to the thread title too. ^^ Anyway, continue on with the discussion.

(lol we should totally also compare Myu Usagi responsible adultness to Myu Mamoru responsible adultness because srsly Mamo is lacking in some areas there... xD)
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 5:44 pm

No to Mako. Mako is out for me, because of PGSM. She is just a giant enabler. XD That is NOT responsible. She is a guardian and a protector for sure and strong, but that =/= responsible. I KNOW she isn't like a big enabler (as far as I could tell?) in the other continuities, but yeah. If we were to argue like, a straightforward character outline, it would probably be all senshi because all senshi are responsible otherwise they couldn't be senshi.

....not Minako....

Rei would be a choice for me. And yes, Setsuna and Ami for me as well. All three of them have good, responsible traits, though rather different from one another.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neith
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Neith

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 6:57 pm

For me, I would say that it's a tie between Ami and Setsuna.
Like others have already explained, Setsuna has had the large responsibility of guarding the Space/Time Door since she was pretty young (as the manga panel would suggest), and even after her death and reincarnation, she still retains her mature, hardworking personality. Which, I'm starting to believe would make her the number one candidate for this topic, instead of it being a tie. ^^'

Ami, I think, would be a close second.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 11:56 am

As far as maturity, studiousness, respect and honesty are concerned, my first choice would be Mamoru as the best responsible role model.
Also, I can't see, why being Guardian of Time should make Setsuna much more responsible than others?
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 12:43 pm

I wouldn't say its JUST because sh'es the Guardian of Time. Just her personality and the wya i've seen her act in the various versions of Sailor Moon, she's a pretty responsible person. raising hotaru (along with Haruka and Michiru), acting very motherly towards the other girls (happens in Myu a good bit), being protective of Small Lady.

Also mamoru doesn't count in this discussion since we are just alking about the girls. xD

(Though i would agree that yes, Mamoru is pretty responsible. Except for that time in Kaguya Shima Densetsu where "hey lets let our future daughter be alone on this mysterious island" or letting her jump out his apartment window with a parachute in the R anime....)
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 12:50 pm

Small Lady wrote:
I wouldn't say its JUST because sh'es the Guardian of Time. Just her personality and the wya i've seen her act in the various versions of Sailor Moon, she's a pretty responsible person. raising hotaru (along with Haruka and Michiru), acting very motherly towards the other girls (happens in Myu a good bit), being protective of Small Lady.

Also mamoru doesn't count in this discussion since we are just alking about the girls. xD

(Though i would agree that yes, Mamoru is pretty responsible. Except for that time in Kaguya Shima Densetsu where "hey lets let our future daughter be alone on this mysterious island" or letting her jump out his apartment window with a parachute in the R anime....)
And he let Chibiusa paraglide out the window of his high story flat...

EDIT: HA WUT you legit just said that Brit. I am so not with it. Sorry.

Last edited by SenshiRei on 30th September 2013, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime28th September 2013, 1:28 pm

Not that he let her, she kinda did that on her own and he couldn't stop her.

I would vote Setsuna and Mamoru.  But since Mamo-kun isn't there, Setsuna most definitely.  Even Ami looked to her as someone to admire.  Not only is she an adult- she's a repsonsible adult. Being an adult doesn't mean you're 'mature' or repsonsible at all. 

With Setsuna, she understands that sometimes there needs to be a sacrifice for a better outcome.  That there is a way to go beyond the current and momentary pain.  She's not responsible because she's a Time guardian and alone there- she's responsible because at any given time she really could have just left someone else at the time gate to do what she wants. Or she could've just left all together- after all, who would really know?

Another thing about her is she's open to change and knows when to accept help.  <- Mature and responsible decisions.

Often, I've seen in some other animes that the 'Mature/Responsible' ones are usually casted weird, like they can't accept change or their way is the right way.  (Some other things like that)

But Setsuna's different and on top of that, she doesn't judge people harshly from what I've seen and she can be a bit silly and exasperated with her situation but takes it in stride.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 4:54 am

I really don't know, why Mamoru is sidelined Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model 2869872805 Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model 3541594201 

Setsuna is out for me because of S season and her sticking with Ha&Mi in the second part.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 9:37 am

So you completely ignore the ENTIRE REST OF THE SAILOR MOON metaseries just because of one season of the anime? O.o Thats not really a good way to discuss the characters in a series that spans several different types of media. Not just one anime like other series.

Mamoru is sidelined because the original poster of this thread asked the question about the Senshi, not which SM character. And i think its fair to answer the question of the OP. Razz
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 10:43 am

Well, for me the default canon and definitive version is anime series - others are just alternative versions. It's difficult to mix characters cross-canonically. They are too different in various versions.
And S season of anime for Setsuna is like half of her existence in the series, given how little she was in R and moderately in Stars. So it's normal her actions then are significant part of how to see her character. And for me, S Outers acted pretty immaturely and irresponsibly (though Setsuna was admittedly never as bad as Ha&Mi). Not to mention, in Stars she is also on their side with their xenophobia towards Starlights (though thankfully not into their plan against Galaxia).

I don't think it's wrong to give answers not included in OP.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime29th September 2013, 12:00 pm

-could give a good reason why Mamoru should be considered a senshi.. but won't.-

(My definitive and default is the Manga first because it's the original source and without it, there wouldn't be an anime to adapt from. but that's an entirely -different- conversation)

Though, Moonlight, you do know that the entire Xenophobia thing with the Outer senshi IS because they're supposed to protect the solar system  from Outsiders.

The Starlights classify as such- not just Outside Enemies too but anyone not native that doesn't have permission to be there.  Even though the Starlights were in an emergency situation and there isn't an established place for such people to go to get permission, the Outer Senshi still function like that and still have every right to be aggressive/untrusting towards the Starlights who really haven't given them any real introduction or reasoning as to why they were there until after a few enemies shown up and basically putting even Usagi in danger (constantly).
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime30th September 2013, 12:31 pm

Well, manga was made just in order to be turned into anime, so also without anime wouldn't be manga. But the point here is that characters are very different in various versions and one must choose their default.

Starlights didn't put Usagi in danger, Galaxia's minions did. Starlights actually helped her a few times. Ironically, they were more cooperative that early Haru&Michi in S. I don't see, why every Outsider should be regarded as enemy.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime30th September 2013, 2:59 pm

It's like this scenerio-

Two sets of people come into my house.  One set obviously wants to kill me and the other- I'm not sure what they want. They won't tell me what they want or why they're there or how they came to be there. They're just there.  Sure they're helpful, but I have no idea why or what they want. 

Anyone can clearly see what you need to do with the first set  of people because that's clear cut. 

The Second set is not. You don't know if they're a plant to weaken you with 'kindness' so you let your guard down and end up killing you too.  Or if they're using you to get rid of the first set then turn around and get rid of you.  Or if they're working together with the first set and are just messing with you in the end to ferret out all your secrets. 

It's the same principle with the Solar System/Earth.   This is their home and they're supposed to protect it. They have a blatantly obvious enemy and then there's this other group and The outers don't know what they want, you don't know why they're there and they don't say what why they're there or why they want to help them. 

It's not hard to imagine why they would view all Outsiders as a potential threat. Really, if they didn't they would be the worst guardians ever because it's their job to protect our Solar system from threats on the outside.  The Inner senshi's job (with Sailor Moon) was to protect Earth from inside evils.  That's their primary focus.

With the Outer Senshi, they were doing their job in not trusting the Starlights and they're very realistic in their concerns- which are also very valid concerns and shouldn't be dismissed so easily.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime1st October 2013, 12:25 pm

There is vast difference between "concern" or even "distrust"and the explicit aggression Outers show to Starlights. If they don't know them, the most logical solution would be to know them better (especially given their first-hand knowledge about Galaxia).

Solar System, or even Earth, isn't like home - home is closed space. Earth is so huge that not having place for political refugees is immoral.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 5:01 am

You're purposely missing the point in trying to make it literal. 

The point of the matter is- the Outers were not wrong in assuming what they did. 

They had every right to assume that about the Starlights. The Starlights had NOT revealed why they where there why they were running from Galaxia or anything remotely helpful ABOUT the new enemy -yet-.   They don't do this until MUCH later. 

Earth -IS- Home.  That's the metaphor.  They live on Earth. That is their home. The starlights (and Galaxia plus her minions) are invaders, are interlopers that never gotten permission to be there. 

If that analogy about them being people who broke into a house isn't understandable, than I don't know how to continue the discussion with you.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 5:39 am

I've been gone so long what a discussion!

I agree with Ktenshi. Earth IS home. Thus the saying "home planet" It is the outers sworn duty even in their previous life to "protect the solar system from outside invaders" the Starlights are invaders from OUTSIDE the solar system.

Imagine if alien's suddenly came to earth and did what ever they wanted, regardless of their intent. They would be invading our world, and the world leaders (however incapable they may be) have every right to put a stop to it should they decide because this is OUR planet, not theirs. No treaty, no rights.

If I recall the article correctly, it's like the homeless man who had been living in the woods. He started breaking into people's homes and taking food and sometimes books. His intentions weren't to harm, but it was not his right to steal as he pleased. His intentions were survival but without permission, he invaded their home and still did as he pleased.

It is the "Earth" Senshi's right to be aggressive in a situation like that since after all, it's their job.

And they are Earthlings now, they were reborn on Earth as people. The entire Solar System. Kinmoku is not apart of it^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 11:18 am

Hi everyone, this is just a friendly reminder to keep on topic please. At this point we are not talking about responsibility of the Senshi anymore. Consider this a first warning.

Thanks!

~Small Lady
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime2nd October 2013, 12:33 pm

The senshi serving as mature and responsible role model cannot support bigotry - which, sorry, but treating the whole Earth as your "home" and denying others the rights to stay there, totally is. These xenophonia presented as fear for safety and want to protect has too many scary life parallels, which should better be not pointed out here.
Anyway, I generally like Setsuna, but model she ain't.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime13th November 2013, 7:28 pm

Ami is a perfectly good role model for children (girls and boys) in her love of academic studies, she does have brains lemme tell ya what. Makoto is another good role model in her strong abilities against real dangers and outwardly nice personality towards people. The two are mature, independent and shows great respect to society. I also think Usagi is a good warm-hearted person, despite her crying rages when faced stress or danger and the importance of teamwork of the Sailor Scouts to defend Usagi/Sailor Moon comes into play.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime13th November 2013, 7:48 pm

I have voted for Mako. Mako was a GREAT role model for me and showed a lot of responsibility. She lost her parents at a very early age and she has to fend for herself. She works, she cooks, she cleans, she pays her bills she studies (though her grades aren't really that good, but give the girl a break). Let's ot forget, if she doesn't fend for herself, no one will. She is also a mother to all the other girls.

She has proved to be very responsible and most people don't really see that part of her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model   Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Which Sailor Senshi Is The Best Responsible Role Model

View previous topic View next topic Back to top