The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 11:44 am

As a fan of the Sailor Moon series and a still occasional fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, I decided to start making up a fictional Yu-Gi-Oh card set based on the Sailor Moon series. This is a work in progress so any suggestions on cards (mainly spell/trap support) as well as comments on potential overpowered card effects would be appreciate. 

Here's a listing of the cards I've done and others I plan on doing.

Yugioh Cards:

So it now begs the question as to what the goal of this archtype is. As you can see from the cards in the next post, the goal is not to swarm the field with monsters but to use powerful effects in order to make the best advantage of the archtype's XYZ monsters and to control the field. As I create the XYZ monsters, you will see that this could be a decently competitive archtype.

EDIT: July 30 (4:23 PM): Added the normal Outer Senshi.
EDIT: July 31: Added some of the Sailor Monster Support

Last edited by Silence Wall on 21st September 2013, 5:25 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 11:44 am

Now for the cards I've done so far. 

Normal Sailor Senshi:

Support Monsters:

"Boss" Monsters:

Last edited by Silence Wall on 21st September 2013, 5:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWildSylveon
Star Seed

AWildSylveon

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 1:38 pm

It seems the links to the cards don't work.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 1:42 pm

AWildSylveon wrote:
It seems the links to the cards don't work.

I just set my account to public so see if the links work now. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
AWildSylveon
Star Seed

AWildSylveon

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 1:56 pm

Yep, they work now. I'd definitely say that they're pretty good so far. I'm not sure about Neptune's effect (sending a card to the grave) in conjunction with other cards aside from Sailor Pluto, but overall I would say the effects in general fit well with their personalities or powers from the series. I look forward to seeing more of them.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 1:59 pm

AWildSylveon wrote:
Yep, they work now. I'd definitely say that they're pretty good so far. I'm not sure about Neptune's effect (sending a card to the grave) in conjunction with other cards aside from Sailor Pluto, but overall I would say the effects in general fit well with their personalities or powers from the series. I look forward to seeing more of them.

There will be more support that will make great use of Neptune's effect. Saturn will get more exclusive support than any of the other Senshi (bar Sailor Moon and her forms). Thank you for the excellent analysis.
Back to top Go down
AWildSylveon
Star Seed

AWildSylveon

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 2:37 pm

No problem. As a fan of Sailor Moon and Fortune Ladies, I'm eager to see the rest of this archetype.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:20 pm

Yugioh, the site I use to make the cards is down which is why the images are currently unavailable. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow. Perhaps I should also make a photobucket account and put these cards on that.
Back to top Go down
AWildSylveon
Star Seed

AWildSylveon

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 5:23 pm

You could also try imgur, which lets you direct link and as far as I know doesn't have the bandwidth issues that photobucket does.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime31st July 2013, 7:11 am

AWildSylveon wrote:
You could also try imgur, which lets you direct link and as far as I know doesn't have the bandwidth issues that photobucket does.

I'll try that out, thank you for the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime31st July 2013, 10:17 am

Just got some of the Monster support up. Once I create Eternal Sailor Pluto, the banishing effects of some of the cards will become very useful.

It also brings up the question of what outside support the archtype could make use of with the information available now, aside for Reinforcement Of The Army.
Back to top Go down
AWildSylveon
Star Seed

AWildSylveon

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime31st July 2013, 10:45 am

Once again, I would say the effects of the cards fit for the characters quite well. 

As for existing cards, hypothetically you could remove the cat family and run straight Sailors, using United We Stand for useful attack boost. Or leave them in and include DNA Surgery.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime31st July 2013, 10:48 am

I'm loveing these cards I'm almost wishing they were real because I so want these cards for my deck
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime31st July 2013, 1:19 pm

AWildSylveon wrote:
As for existing cards, hypothetically you could remove the cat family and run straight Sailors, using United We Stand for useful attack boost. Or leave them in and include DNA Surgery.

Even though I haven't done the XYZ series yet, the biggest issue this deck would have to contend with first turn is how to gain advantage. Mercury is a decent defense with 1900def and Chibi Moon can defend against one attack per turn. Spam-happy decks (Six Samurai as an example) are the biggest issue here. With the excellent search capabilities, United We Stand may not be such a bad idea, although a future spell card I'll be making will boost the atk/def of the Senshi monsters.

EDIT: I've been noticing that I appear to be making at least two different styles regarding this deck. One mainly revolves around the Inner Senshi and support from Chibi Chibi and the Starlights. The second revolves around the Outer Senshi, the Cats and more banish support and graveyard manipulation.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime1st August 2013, 11:18 am

The rest of the monster support is up, now to do the "boss monsters".
Back to top Go down
AWildSylveon
Star Seed

AWildSylveon

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime12th August 2013, 6:45 am

Are you still working on these, Silence Wall? I'm looking forward to the XYZ cards.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime12th August 2013, 6:55 am

AWildSylveon wrote:
Are you still working on these, Silence Wall? I'm looking forward to the XYZ cards.
Yes, don't worry about it. I'm on vacation right now so I currently can't make any cards until I get back.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime19th August 2013, 2:42 pm

Sorry for double posting but I'm trying to find decent images of the Eternal Senshi but not haing much luck.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime9th September 2013, 4:07 am

Eternal Sailor Mercury, Jupiter and Mars have been added! Thanks to NaoUranus for the cropped manga cover images.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set   Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Yu-Gi-Oh Card Set

View previous topic View next topic Back to top