The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime23rd July 2013, 10:10 pm

Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion PJJN6RO

Welcome! Welcome! This is the place to relax and unwind from the excitement and stress in your life.
This thread is a themed thread that will help bring some quiet in to your life.

Please consider sharing and participating, however do not feel obligated.

For those of you who like natural sounds to listen to, I would highly recommend this:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

To start off this, I have here some basic yoga poses.
I will be posting some pictures of myself doing some of these poses some time tomorrow.
I would love to see some participation from others as well, perhaps some more advanced poses from members who are experienced in this.

Each pose is held for a total of 10 to 30 seconds seconds, breathing slowly while doing so.
Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion Easter-bunny-yoga
(source)

Next, I would like to begin the talk of tea. To get the discussion going here are some questions?

What type of tea do you like? {white, green, black, etc}
What flavors do you tend to enjoy? {peppermint, orange, earl grey, lemon}
Do you prefer your tea hot or cold?
Do you sweeten your tea? and if so, what do you use? {honey, cane sugar, stevia, sugar crystals}
Is there a tea you dislike?
What tea would you recommend to some one?

Lastly, relaxation tips to get you through the day.

Here are some of my favorite things:
Slow breathing. Just sitting down and ignoring everything around me.
Hugging my pets
Taking a long extra hot shower
Reading

What are yours?

Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 8:27 am

This is so awesome! Smile

I'm going to share some relaxing ways to fall asleep. As some of you know I have some pretty extreme OCD/Anxiety and ADHD problems, so with all that worrying and energy I had a lot of problems falling asleep for a while. I had this anxiety workbook that gave this tip to falling asleep and it's been a total and complete life-saver so I thought I would share it Smile P.S. This is from memory and I'm not quoting the book, but just to give credit, the book is called The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne and it helped me a lot Smile

(Before doing this, be sure to get in a position where you are completely comfortable and can fall asleep in, and make it a note to relax EVERY muscle in your body.)
1. Keep your eyes locked on one specific spot for 20 seconds. As you count from 1 to 20, imagine that your eyelids are very, very heavy, but do not begin to close them. Once you get to about 16, start slowly closing your heavy eyes.
2. The next step is to take four deep breaths, but I like to combine it with another breathing technique. Inhale for ten seconds, counting slowly. Hold it for a few seconds. Now, exhale for 10 seconds. Continue this routine, subtracting one second each time. For example, after breathing for 10 seconds, you will now inhale for 9 seconds, hold it for a few seconds, then exhale for 9 seconds. If you start to feel lightheaded, you are overdoing it. I personally have trouble breathing for 10 seconds, so I usually replace the 10 and 9 second cycles with 8 seconds.
3. This part is what usually gets me completely knocked out, hahaha. Imagine yourself at the top of some stairs. The stairs lead to a dark place (dark in lighting, not like dark creepy hahah). There are ten steps. Start at the top, and count down from 10 with each step down that you take. As you go down the stairs, imagine the area around you progressively getting darker, until you get to the bottom and you're in complete darkness. I like to imagine myself falling off on the last step and floating.
4. I usually don't make it to this step because I'm like dead asleep hahaha but finally, picture yourself in the most calm, relaxing place possible. Find your "happy place", where you feel completely relaxed and at peace. Some people imagine a beach, some a meadow, and some imagine floating on a cloud. (I like to imagine falling asleep with my boyfriend and him playing with my hair because that relaxes me Smile)

Here's a much simpler method. When I was younger, I had insomnia, and this is what my mom would always tell me to do:
1. Make yourself completely comfortable.
2. Relax your body.
3. Relax your mind.

Finally, sometimes I used to take some deep breaths and then imagine everything inside of me- worries, my body, my soul, all that zen crap, coming out of my body through the top of my head or through one central point in my body and going into the sky. Sometimes I would imagine God taking them out of me, but yeah, whatever works. 

So anyways I hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 8:55 am

I Pray and meditate on my favorite bible scriptures to unwind. This really relaxes me. I also like to listen to soft music on my omvana app. I love peppermint tea the most because it really awakens your senses. I also drink a lot of green tea as well.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 4:21 pm

I am definitely going to have to try the relaxation tips for night time sleep, because I have had horrible sleeping patterns for over a decade. I really don't have too many relaxation tips, but I am a total tea addict. I have drunk tea for so long and at such extreme temperatures that I can no longer differentiate between teas, except for the major groups (herbal, black/green/white/red, and fruit). I add nothing to my tea and I dislike sweet tea, which is sort of weird from a Southern girl.

Well, I guess I do some things to relax. I usually read and cuddle to relax, but I have a hard time relaxing. It always feels as if there is something more productive I could be doing and I often bite more than I can chew when it comes to activities.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 7:31 pm

well, for relaxing, i normally like to shower. i enter there and imagine all my problems are being washed away, i can actually "see" my problems leaving me, so i let the water carry they away. also, the pressure of the shower helps with a killer shoulder massage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 10:28 pm

i love peppermint tea and now i want some, just not right before bed, maybe tomorrow. To relax i like to listen to music, or journal- helps me get all thoughts out. Talking with my best friend is relaxing, listening to soft music- like cerechan i also pray...before i go to bed helps me conclude my day on a positive note.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 10:35 pm

I usually turn on music or read to relax. I drink like sleepy time vanilla tea or hot chocolate wich help me calm down and relax before bed. Also from time to time I will lay down with my eyes closed to relax not really go to sleep but just for a few minutes lay down and close my eyes (which usually leads to me falling asleep but yea that isn't what I aim for it just sort of happens.)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 10:40 pm

That rain music really helps! *yawn*
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 11:27 pm

Neo Queen Serenity wrote:

What type of tea do you like? {white, green, black, etc}
What flavors do you tend to enjoy? {peppermint, orange, earl grey, lemon}
Do you prefer your tea hot or cold?
Do you sweeten your tea? and if so, what do you use? {honey, cane sugar, stevia, sugar crystals}
Is there a tea you dislike?
What tea would you recommend to some one?

I love ALL types of tea. Some of my favorites are Earl Grey, Peppermint, Rooibos (red) tea, flowering teas (they are so lovely to watch), and Chai tea. I really love the Sleepytime Teas from Celestial Tea, they are great for relaxing. I also like loose leaf teas, more so than bagged teas (but you can get some bagged teas that use the loose leaves in them, very tasty). I am very open to how I like my teas, I enjoy them hot and cold, however I prefer hot for herbal teas (though some are quite lovely cold).

For sweetening, I like to sweeten black and robust teas with sugar (or sugar substitute like splenda) and sometimes I even add milk or cream. Earl Grey tea is probably tbe best with cream and sugar, along with chai tea. ^^

Speaking of teas, Adagio tea has their own blending thing where they even have a fandom section. There are some really cute Sailor Moon blends!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

As far as relaxation and sleeping goes I like the chillout and chillout dreams channels on di.fm (you can download di.fm as an app on both iphone and droid phones). I've also downloaded a few relaxation apps that provide a variety of calming sounds. They've helped in the past. I have a few other methods but they are a bit private. ^^;;
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 2:43 am

Small Lady wrote:
I have a few other methods but they are a bit private. ^^;;

brit. pg13 forum. let's not talk about those other methods (that i also have =P)
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 7:09 am

My primary relaxation method (which I mostly use to fall asleep) is really stupid, but it works for me. I think about stories. Either I'll make something up, or I'll mentally replay a movie or book that I know I already like. I do it to block out thoughts/fears/worries/things from the day that distract me and keep me from really feeling rested. I usually don't even make it to the end of the story before falling asleep, but if I do I just start a new one.
The tea section I can certainly-certainly add my two cents for, because I am a tea fiend! Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion 2695440696

I love all types of tea. I opt for black teas more often than not, but I enjoy basically everything! I drink hot tea year-round. We have a Zojirushi water heater in our kitchen that heats up 3 liters of water and then keeps it very hot and ready to dispense. When my husband arranged for an air conditioner to be installed in our apartment this year, the air conditioner "took over" the outlet that I use for the water heater and it was a serious problem. Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion 3658275139(Thankfully, we worked something out. I cannot survive without the tea.) I work with several people who also like tea, so we share a tea-stash that is much better than what's provided in the kitchens.

My current tea recommendation is Pouchong. It's a lightly-fermented Oolong. Although it looks and brews a cup similar to most green teas, it does not taste like green tea. It is very mild and delicate. It reminds me a bit of the scent of freshly-cut grass after a rainstorm. ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 10:17 am

Sailor Venus wrote:
Well, I guess I do some things to relax. I usually read and cuddle to relax, but I have a hard time relaxing. It always feels as if there is something more productive I could be doing and I often bite more than I can chew when it comes to activities.
Dude I totally know what you mean!

Tuxedo Mistress wrote:
well, for relaxing, i normally like to shower. i enter there and imagine all my problems are being washed away, i can actually "see" my problems leaving me, so i let the water carry they away. also, the pressure of the shower helps with a killer shoulder massage.
I like this!!

Tuxedo Mistress wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

brit. pg13 forum. let's not talk about those other methods (that i also have =P)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA you guys <3<3<3<3
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 10:20 am

Tuxedo Mistress wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

That is why I said it was private. Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion 473108418  Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion   Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rei's Relaxtion Thread - Basic Yoga, Tea Talk, Relaxations Tips and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top