The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

I'm always so awkward with these things.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sqoozh
Star Seed

Sqoozh

Star Seed

Title : Slightly Coherent Venusaur

I'm always so awkward with these things. Empty
PostSubject: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime31st August 2011, 10:45 pm

Hello-hello. I am Sqoozh.

I LOVE TO RAMBLE. LET ME RAMBLE AT YOU.

I am 24, and have been a fan of Sailor Moon since it first aired on Toonami in '99; I must admit it absorbed much of my life at the time. There was a large gap in time where I forgot about Sailor Moon in favor of a newfound like of video games, but I was brought back into it in my last year of high school with the release of the S and SuperS dubs. It fell by the wayside again when I couldn't get a hold of any physical copies of anything because I apparently refused to learn how the internet worked, but I've had a fairly recent re-resurgence and the American revival has bumped me into a newfound elementary-school-grade obsession. I never got very far into the anime, only catching episodes here and there, but am quite familiar with the manga thanks to friends who would let me borrow their copies. Hopefully this will soon change - I'm kind of terrified to admit it, but I'm working on a Sailor Moon reboot/AU for my own purposes, and need to do as much research as possible. This seems like the place for it!

My other interests are The Legend of Zelda (of which my obsession is rivaled only by that of Sailor Moon); video games in general (mostly original Nintendo IPs, some RPGs, 3D platformers, and whatever's currently popular on Steam); whatever comics, regardless of nationality, someone can shove into my hands; science fiction and low fantasy (if I can ever be arsed to read); science; history; and ANIMATION~

I am an art student, hoping to soon transfer to a college where I can focus on 2D Animation! If I'm short on time I typically tell people I'm a 2D Animation student already - I have to specify 2D because whenever I just say "animation" people just assume I want to work for Dreamworks...which would admittedly be pretty sweet if they re-opened their 2D studio, but that's beside the point.

I think I've managed to come off as way more formal than I actually am. I hope I didn't scare anyone.

TALK AT ME

Last edited by Sqoozh on 1st September 2011, 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sqoozh.tumblr.com
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime31st August 2011, 10:48 pm

Aww I love Zelda! lol (though admittedly I've only played the NES version. I love the old school nintendo games, even to this day ;D)

Welcome!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 12:43 am

Oh I think some of out members are just going to eat you right up!!! Smile

One of our Mods is an animator as well! =^^=

Welcome Welcome dear! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sqoozh
Star Seed

Sqoozh

Star Seed

Title : Slightly Coherent Venusaur

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 2:24 am

Ooh, another animator? Which one? I would love to pick their brain. Very Happy Also, I don't know if there's some sort of community around here for drawing or animation commissions, but I may be able to chip in there if I have the time (that is a big "if").

Some Zelda love! YESSSS~ Though admittedly I haven't finished the first game. I've only come across an original NES recently, and don't really have the space in my house to play with it - I started a game of Zelda a few months ago (IT IS SO HARD OH MY GOD), but haven't had the time to get back to it. My first Zelda was Ocarina of Time, and I've played all the console games since. My favorites are Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://sqoozh.tumblr.com
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 5:08 am

Hee! Zelda was my first internet fandom back in the mid 90s. So much love! Welcome to the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 7:38 am

Oh, wow, another Zelda fan? Yay! *Huggles.* Very Happy

And that's definitely quite the project you've got going. It'd be interesting to read once you get it off the ground, too. I'd love to see what changes you're making since it'll be AU, and good luck with it.

It's definitely nice to meet you, Sqoozh. Hope to talk to you later. ^^
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 8:09 am

-speechless-
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 12:01 pm

Holla for reliving your childhood! x3

I'm new too. ^^ Animation sounds excellent! I have a friend who went into it and absolutely adored it. I so miss traditional animation as opposed to all the CG style animation. (GUYS THE LION KING IS GOING TO BE IN 3D YOU GUYYYYYYYS.) I hope you find a good college to transfer to!

I love Zelda too! <3 Admittedly, whenever I play Ocarina of Time, I usually ragequit about half way through the water temple and return a month later after I've had sufficient time to sulk about being beaten by a game.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 1:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! I think that you will really enjoy your time here, so do not be shy! Explore all you want. ^^

2D animation sounds awesome. I hope that you will share some of your work with us! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime1st September 2011, 1:31 pm

I'm so envious! One of my dream jobs is 2D animator, but I wanted something with more job security, so I went into teaching. And then got laid off after two years and haven't been able to find work since. That'll teach me not to follow my dreams!

Erm, anyway, welcome! It sounds like you and I like a lot of the same things. I love the Zelda series! It's taking me a lot of self-control not to buy a 3DS just for the Ocarina of Time remake, even though I have a copy for N64 and for Wii. Twilight Princess is my favorite though.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime4th September 2011, 4:34 pm

Welcome ;D It's always nice to meet a new member ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm always so awkward with these things.   I'm always so awkward with these things. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm always so awkward with these things.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top