The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

[Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle Empty
PostSubject: [Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle   [Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle I_icon_minitime3rd July 2013, 8:47 pm

I decided to play around with some filters that were not the sparkles. Usually when I play around with things on these it's the different gradients and the opacity and from time to time I add sparkles but this time I wanted to try something new so I chose a random filter to play with and this is what I've come up with.

[Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle Hotaru_zps9a939289

It's going to be used once I feel I've gotten it perfect for a new character I've created on an RP site I was just curious as to what everyone thinks and what I could change to make it look better. (blame the new Myu for it being Yuuga)

Edit: random pick was in fact the Gaussian blur

#ag #agcritique
Back to top Go down

[Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle   [Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle I_icon_minitime3rd July 2013, 9:54 pm

Usually when I use Gaussian blur it's to blur the background equally to bring more focus to the foreground, unless I want the viewers focus to be on the background than I blur the foreground.

I understand you randomly picked the Gaussian blur, however, what exactly were you aiming for when testing this out for the new banner?

I think having a gradual blur would look better, by that I mean have where the text is blurred, but the rest of her clear. The 'a' is also a little hard to see when against her jacket. Move it to the left with the 'a' on white for a clear view of the name.

The image choice and typeface is working well with what you have so far!
Back to top Go down

[Critique Wanted] First time playing with any filters other than sparkle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top