The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya Empty
PostSubject: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 5:05 pm

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-maya/free-trial

I'm going to make a tutorial on how to use Maya and go over making the season one brooch. This is the first video, it just shows you were to download Maya and a few basic things in maya to get you started. I will include the reference image i used when making the model too so we can all work from the same image.

You're going to need a 3 button mouse for this, You can use a tablet but i use a mouse for all my models in maya.

When this is done here's the first part of the tutorial for the Sm Season One brooch. It may take me a few days to get the next part up, but I will don't worry I have school work that i need to get to first. 

Here is the image I am using for this model, it's just a simple vector I did not create the image, and i don't claim it as mine in any way I'm just using it for this tutorial. 
[Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya Moon_c10

I thought it would be easier if we all had the same image to work from. I highly suggest playing around with Maya if you can till I get the next part up, there is a lot in there. 

Oh and it says the video might take over an hour sorry. The link in the first post is a link to the Maya site where you can download and 30 day trail for maya. I'm sure you guys can find a torrent or something out there. If you do, please share for everyone else. I have the student version so I dunno. Anyway that's that for now. Please post any questions you may have here and look for the next part sometime next week!!

#ag #agtutorial

Last edited by radicaledward124 on 12th June 2013, 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 6:00 pm

O: thanks for sharing this!
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 6:20 pm

No Problem! I know that so many people are working with Photoshop and there isn't anything I could do there but Maya is where i'm best at really, so I thought I'd share. Sorry the video is taking so long to upload. I'll have to make the others shorter or something.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 7:02 pm

It's ok dear ^^
you could help other people who wants to use this software
i should try Maya O; but i always had the feeling is difficult to use
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 7:30 pm

It's not too bad really once you get used to it. It does take time to get used to. I personally love it compared to Zbrush. (Which is a great modeling software too, Just not my think that's all) I'm sure there's a torrent or something out there. I was told that if you are a student either in college or high school you can get the educational version like mine for free. I can't say that's true but check out their site. I'm more than happy to keep doing these little tutorials, and maybe even a livestream or something if people really want to get into this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 9:47 pm

The video finally up loaded!!! So yay!! I should have the next part up before long. it will more than likely cover the basic shape of the brooch and other stuff.
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime14th June 2013, 9:00 am

Wee! ^^ Im so excited to learn 3D modeling :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime14th June 2013, 2:12 pm

^/////^ stop. really ok don't stop. 

I should have the next one done and up by early next week, I'm going to have to split them up, so they aren't so long. So get ready and get the program and reference. Also feel free to pm me things you'd like to see a tutorial on later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 10:44 pm

http://allhotkeys.com/maya-hotkeys.html
A handy guide to Maya's hot keys. 
Also Parts 2-4 are done and ready to be uploaded!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 11:49 am

Part 2 of the tutorial!! This goes over the base shape. Have fun and leave me feed back here. The hot keys i used the most were z to undo, w to activate the move tool, e to activate the rotate tool, and r to activate the scale tool q to quit the current tool control+d to duplicate the geo. (that's later on) and g to activate the last tool used. In my previous post i gave you all a link to great site for all the hot keys in maya. 

Happy modeling and let me know if you have any questions!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 5:07 pm

Part 3 of the most rad maya tutorial around!! This one gets things started by putting the orbs in place. Again the hotkeys i use the most are. Z to undo, W to activate the move tool, E to activate the rotate tool. R to activate the scale tool, Q to quit the current tool. G to reactivate the last tool used, control+D  to duplicate, control+G to group and the ~ to activate the tweak tool. Have fun and happy modeling!!! 

Let me know if you have any questions!! 

(Also these longer vids take a good while to up load. There are only 2 parts left)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 8:10 pm

*hisses at the sight of Maya* I HATE YOUUUU. *runs away screaming*

(but seriously, this is actually pretty neat, maybe you can teach me more than my actually Animation teacher ever did...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 8:16 pm

I'm actually taking an animation class, but I bet I could my focus is in 3d modeling. I have to get the other 2 uploaded (it takes nearly 2-3 hrs to upload one) I offer myself for a livestream in the future if its something that everyone would like. The only thing is that you would have to listen to me and my music. Music is necessary to model for me. I actually like modeling, so I don't mind and it helps build my demo reel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime19th June 2013, 1:44 am

Ok os next to last part. These take forever to upload like all day, so I'm getting one up at a time. Last one should be up soon!! Thanks guys so much.

Again the hotkeys i use the most are. Z to undo, W to activate the move tool, E to activate the rotate tool. R to activate the scale tool, Q to quit the current tool. G to reactivate the last tool used, control+D  to duplicate, control+G to group and the ~ to activate the tweak tool. Have fun and happy modeling!!! 

Let me know if you guys have any questions! And remember if you follow along with this I want to see what you ended up with!! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime20th June 2013, 12:19 pm

Ok last part guys!! Yay!!!

Again the hotkeys i use the most are. Z to undo, W to activate the move tool, E to activate the rotate tool. R to activate the scale tool, Q to quit the current tool. G to reactivate the last tool used, control+D  to duplicate, control+G to group and the ~ to activate the tweak tool. Have fun and happy modeling!!! 

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy Modeling!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya   [Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Very basic Autodesk Maya

View previous topic View next topic Back to top