The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

[Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic Empty
PostSubject: [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic   [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 9:11 am

Hiya! [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic 2422052349

I would like to know if you have any suggestion when it comes to create crossovers, what should i do, and what shouldn't i do.
things related to that ^^ i wanna start a crossover the right way!

Thanks [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic   [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 9:28 am

I'd suggest a thorough understanding of the plot and characterization associated with either series. Often the heaviest flaws in crossover fanfiction reflect a lack of thorough understanding and consideration of the particularities of the involved series. This is especially important when combining series with little similarities (for example a crossover between My Little Pony and Ranma 1/2. Very few similarities there). A good crossover is very difficult if the series have little common ground to work with.

Often the best crossovers integrate the two series into a single world without strict reference to there ever having been a separation to begin with. This is pretty difficult to accomplish and I think is best achieved through experience.

Also, the most popular crossovers tend to have a standard set of clichés, which are best avoided or handled carefully. Like... a popular cliché with any Sailor Moon crossover is for *insert character name here* to discover he/she is a long-lost Sailor Senshi/sibling from the Silver Millennium.

(same with Dragonball Z. Oh my god! You mean in a past life Usagi was the heir to the throne of the Planet Vegeta? She somehow escaped the devastation of the planet exploding, because she was on a mission elsewhere at the time 0.0 [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic 1637294219 ).

Or... [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic 190603310 Oh my god, no one loves me anymore. I'm such a screw up, so the Silver Crystal needs to take me to a world where I am loved and appreciated. Oh, hello, Duo from Gundam Wing. I've never heard such deep words of passion and love and appreciation and devotion! Obviously you are my true soul mate, not that Prince oh-what-is-his-name. You all love me more than my sailor senshi ever could.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic   [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 9:44 am

Thank you Binasu ^^ i think the series i picked have some similarities, is Once Upon a Time and Sailor Moon, i think this 2 have a lot to explore and a good fic can come out of it! ^^
i have some ideas of how this 2 different world got together, and they might look a bit of cliche (parallel worlds) but i think i can work it out ^^

Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic   [Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Question/Suggestion] Crossover fanfic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top