The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

[SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th April 2013, 8:47 pm

Thaaaat's probably true.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 12:39 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
i think you need to rewatch the anime if you missed how close rei and usagi were to be perfectly honest... In Stars, Usagi is detached from everyone because of Mamoru's absence...
I'm not saying Rei and Usagi aren't close, only not closer than Usagi and others. As we talk about Ami - Ami is told to be shy, yet she and Usagi make a friendship, even before they know Ami is a senshi. Ami is busy, but she is willing to do new things with Usagi like go to same center or shopping. In Stars also they spend time, despite Usagi's detachment, when they visit the physics professor or the girl in hospital.

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
AMI IS THE BEST BECAUSE THAT GERMANY EPISODE WAS WONDERFUL.
(and was made into like 8 musicals for some reason)

Did Ami go to Germany in musicals?
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 2:32 pm

I can see why Ami is the most popular anime character. While senshi-wise she's not my favorite, I do really like her as a character, and its easy to see how she appeals to so many demographics. I'm honestly not surprised that she's the most popular, as I've assumed so for many years.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 9:03 pm

Quote :
Did Ami go to Germany in musicals?

Very many times its brought up, but she never actually goes. The songs "Dream! Yume wo Ookiku" and "Tabidachi" are about it. The former about her deciding the latter about what it means for her and Usagi's relationship.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 8:38 am

She definitely was the most popular senshi. Her type of character in the 90s was very big. She had the traits of the most popular characters of late 80s early 90s manga/anime characters.

Short hair
Book smart
Shy
Sweet
Yet still powerful in their own unique way

Those traits were very big at the time^^

Let's not forget, Naoko also liked her character design a lot despite Naoko liking to create characters with long hair better but their was a character in Codename: Sailor V that probably inspired the design for Ami.

I like Ami in the manga most. We learn more about her. She's rich(She let the senshi use a diamond ring in an experiment like it wasn't worth much lol[poor Minako her reaction was hilarious when it broke]), she's extremely smart and talented. A fantastic swimmer. She actually dresses very classy and for such a shy character she's not the most conservatively dressed character in the series. Her mother is a famous doctor/surgeon and her father is a famous traveling painter(so many similarities to Michiru^^) what's not to love?

To be honest, there is a writer on FF.N that makes me hate Ami sometimes but it's only because of how she writes her. It's more frustrating then anything but I admit it's made me a bit biased to her character which I shouldn't let it but that's also why so many people ended up hating Usagi, because of how people wrote about her too :/

I stay away from fics that bash characters and make characters Mary-sueish now because of it^^
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 2:04 pm

I actually dislike the diamond ring scene - it seems really ooc for Ami.

I also like her clothes - my favourite is the outfit with red skirt.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 6:09 pm

i never really liked her. not sure why. even back when i saw SM a bit back when i was in middle school i didn't like her..
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st April 2013, 9:24 am

What Ami scenes do you like especially?

I love her heart episode, when she tells the principal that helping weaker students shouldn't be criticised. She is very polite, but she is capable of defying authority, when it's right.
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Deathscythe

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st May 2013, 5:21 pm

I love Ami. I always like hoe she was so Down to Earth, especially considering how the other girls seemed all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 10:34 am

I guess I still haven't watched enough of the anime, but, for some reason, Ami annoys me. I know that it's only played for laughs, but I just feel like she's a little too obsessed with studying. She's always bringing up studying, how everyone should be preparing for their entrance exams, etc, etc... Don't get me wrong, she has some really awesome moments, but there are other times when I feel like the writers only focus on that one tiny aspect of her character... Sad
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 11:38 am

I think you just described why in Japan she is the most popular character. lol
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 12:04 pm

Wow, really? That...actually makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it. She does make an excellent role model for kids. Smile But, I guess this is just me not being part of the intended audience... But, I'm a total Usagi when it comes to schoolwork. (Well, okay, my grades are slightly better than that... Either way, I hated school.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!   [SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] Ami, The Most Popular Anime Character!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top