The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime10th March 2013, 10:09 pm

Well, since i don't keep up with anime, I may be late to the game in this but I found a post about this anime, Ebiten, where the 2nd episode is basically a blatant ripoff/parody/homage to Sailor Moon. There are literally scenes that are almost frame to frame the exact same from Sailor Moon. Even some of the BGM is obviously riffing off of original Sailor Moon music. There is even a Moon Revenge parody. xD ANYWAY. I have no idea what this anime is about but this episode is adorable and so funny. xD

Warning: Anime has lots of fanservice so... yeah, expect all the panty shots.

You can watch it here at Crunchy Roll:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/ebiten/episode-2-crybaby-hakatas-transformation-of-splendor-613225
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime12th March 2013, 1:16 pm

This anime seems to be a show about NOTHING, just like Seinfeld. Very silly, definitely something I wouldn't watch though. I liked some of the corny & crappy parody they did though. Lolz

Last edited by MoonPrismPowerMakeUp on 13th March 2013, 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime12th March 2013, 3:27 pm

Yeah, I watched the other episodes, and it reminds me of stuff like Lucky Star and Azu Manga Dai Oh. I decided to keep watching it cause its kinda entertaining. xD
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime13th March 2013, 1:12 am

Not available in my region, and I don't feel like going through proxies today. Other links?
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime13th March 2013, 8:01 pm

This is a clip of her transformation, which in the CrunchyRoll video is blurred out (maybe due to copyright issues... ?) Its basically frame for frame Sailor Moon's first transformation.

If you can find the episode else where, its worth a watch just for all the little parody and small things in it. I think each episode of this anime is supposed to parody other anime. So far I've noticed, Saint Seiya references and a Cowboy Bebop reference.
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime13th March 2013, 8:19 pm

Haha, OMG, that's hilarious. I love her singing in the background. It really makes the video.
Back to top Go down
http://chocolate-maiden.tumblr.com/ http://augustanekochan.deviantart.com/
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime24th April 2013, 8:37 am

Oh my gosh, that is AMAZING. I'm a cosplayer myself so it's especially hilarious. Thank you for the share!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!   Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Homage/Parody Sighting!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top