The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Minako: Sad Deep Down or Truly Happy (Read Below First!)
I think she's fine, you're crazy Miki
THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_vote_lcap5%THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
I think she's depressed on some minor or major level
THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_vote_lcap95%THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_vote_rcap
 95% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? Empty
PostSubject: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:01 pm

So we've had four versions of Sailor Moon and each one characterises her a little differently, but still there's something suspicious about this girl. She seems awfully bouncy? But is it an act? Is she hiding something D:

My theory and something that has always been part of my headcanon is that Minako is a very depressed young woman, but she hides it for the sake of her friends, in particular the Princess Usagi who would be distraught to find out that Minako is not as happy as she seems. However, I also do feel Minako is genuinely cheery when she's hanging around being normal with her friends, but her dedication to her mission, knowing that she will never find a true love depresses her. Minako has cut off her emotions and dreams for the sake of her destiny.

The Evidence:

Codename: Sailor V's final chapter, Minako's first real acceptance of her fate. Like Setsuna she's doomed to solitude, I'm not sure how anyone could be happy about this, but like Setsuna, it does not seem to make Minako any less of a kind person.

Minako is quite serious in the early stages of the Sailor Moon manga, even later on, she is still maintains a position that's a little off from Mercury, Mars and Jupiter, whether this is her leadership qualities or if she's just understanding things a little differently is up to interpretation.

PGSM: Minako is definitely not a happy camper her. We can argue its her illness but honestly she doesn't seem THAT troubled by it, in comparison to any normal person. In fact it seems to motivate her to work even harder on her mission. Minako is even shocked when she finds she still has the ability to cry. Once again Minako says straight out that her mission is the most important thing to her.

Musicals: a bit harder since Minako's stage time is cut a bit due to the nature of things, but the few that do feature her are either about her romantic relationships (which always end up doomed of course because they're pretty much all about Kunzite) or else it's about her strength as a Soldier (Black Lady, Shin Kaguya). When Usagi is elsewhere, it is Minako who "rallies the troops" into battle... even when they can't transform!

Anime: Minako's most cheerful version. But a closer inspection shows something a bit more sinister. Almost all of Minako's episodes have something to do with her mission:

Episode 42 - Probably the most depressing episode with no death in it. Minako's love is blighted once again and she cuts herself down for her mission and for the sake of the happiness of others.

Episode 65 - Makoto points out Minako is still hung up on Alan, to which Minako gets very snarky in return

Episode 100 - Here we go, a classic Minako episode, we have an episode about Minako wanting to be a normal girl, I'm not sure how it gets sadder than that, yet Minako continues to push herself as a Sailor Soldier, unlike Makoto who tends to over do it, Minako is very calculated when it comes to be Sailor Venus.

Episode 109 - Minako becomes disheartened because she thinks she's not pure like the others. Though she Minakos her way out of it. She is genuinely concerned that her efforts are unnoticed and unappreciated.

Epsiode 192 - Minako finally achieves her dreams of being an idol... and what does she do? She says "nope got other things to do". It does not seem she had any intention of going through with it, just wanting to prove herself. There does not seem to be a doubt in her mind what is more important.

Sailor Moon R Movie: We see the effect of Usagi in Minako's life, the other girls are shown dealing with personal flaws or loneliness yet Minako is shown being a Sailor Soldier, her blank look when she's actually being noticed for throwing away her childhood seems to mean alot to her. And what does she do? She covers it up and pretends to be all cocky about it

Sailor Moon: Another Story, probably the most heartbreaking scene of all, with the other girls dreaming about their hopes for the future. Minako's comes last and all her dream is, is to be a normal girl, with her friends, fangirling over Sailor Moon. Here Minako is shown that she wants to be just like Usagi... just not Sailor Moon.

~~~~

So there you have it, little signs that Minako's not really as "genki" as she presents herself? What do you guys think? Maybe I'm onto something or just misreading all the signs!

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:12 pm

After reading your posts, yeah she suffers from depression. Anime Minako is my favorite version. She's not as serious as her other counter parts and I'm too fond of you will never find true love because of your mission. To me that is bullshit because it's not fair that inners can't find love, but yet Neptune and Uranus can be together.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:15 pm

I always thought that the "love" thing only applied to Venus. I always imagined Mercury, Mars and Jupiter would find love someday. Just not Venus or Pluto. or thats how i always read it

Of course it doesn't mean Minako's incapable of love just not that romantic love, all her love goes to the people of Earth and to Usagi. At least thats what I think
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:16 pm

I always thought that was with all of the inners. :O The only thing that bothers me in the future they have everlasting peace so I feel like Usagi would tell Minako to go find true love if she wanted too.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:19 pm

Hm, but did they say that outright anywhere? It happened in Codename: Sailor V for sure, but the others seem to be okay with love and dreams. I also always thought that perhaps Usagi didn't actually realise Minako's situation and I don't think its Minako's style to tell her.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:20 pm

Well I feel like Usagi would find out eventually seeing how long they live. XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:21 pm

True true but it IS Usagi. I don't think Minako is worried that she won't find love, its just a little disheartening for her, just like Setsuna. Setsuna's strong and capable and she's okay with being alone. But she's not happy about it right?

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:23 pm

I don't think anyone would be happy by the fact that they have to live alone. They just have to learn to deal with it and be strong by it.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:24 pm

I definitely agree with you

relevant song is relevant.

Venus, Beryl and Pluto should have a club.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:27 pm

Indeed prefect song!
Back to top Go down
Chronos Typhoon
Lotus Crystal

Chronos Typhoon

Lotus Crystal

Title : Official Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 4:57 am

Wow, I never really thought about this, but I sound exactly like her.
I've suffered from depression literally all my life. Now that I'm older, I'm just like Minako always trying to make others laugh or just be super "genki", but in reality I'm hurting.

I'm sharing because I can defiantly see traits of a depressed person. One way to combat depression though is try to enjoy your life, see the little things & smile, which is exactly what Minako does. She's still going to have depression (if it's true clinical depression it's not just going to go away without medication, which doesn't work for some people even), but she is doing her best to try to enjoy herself even with her said illness. This make me respect her 100xs more than I already did.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/chronostyphoon http://kawaiisailorlifee.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/missaidanatrocity92
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 6:45 am

I'm in agreement that she has some form of depression, possibly even clinical depression. Like Chronos, I as well suffer from depression, and at times I find myself acting exactly like Minako. A happy, bubbly "genki" girl who cheers her friends up whenever she's around. Yet deep down, she was truly sad and only wished to be normal. And now I just realized why she was my favorite senshi as a child (and I still love her a lot now), because she was such a mirror to myself.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 12:05 pm

Koanko wrote:
I'm in agreement that she has some form of depression, possibly even clinical depression. Like Chronos, I as well suffer from depression, and at times I find myself acting exactly like Minako. A happy, bubbly "genki" girl who cheers her friends up whenever she's around. Yet deep down, she was truly sad and only wished to be normal.

THIS.

As someone who suffers from depression and that has been on treatment for 11 years now, I do see some signs of her as depressed.

Also,
Yamichan16 wrote:
I always thought that was with all of the inners. :O The only thing that bothers me in the future they have everlasting peace so I feel like Usagi would tell Minako to go find true love if she wanted too.
but in PGSM, Mako-chan gets engaged to Motoki, so at least one inner found true love. and it's canon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 12:48 pm

This makes my heart hurt more so for Pluto but also for Minako now Sad Poor lonley babies!! Sad No
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 3:33 pm

Huh it seems we unanimously agree so far, I didn't think that would happen tbh XD
Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 4:51 pm

Well, I'm not surprised, because with the evidence you presented Miki, its kind of hard to say that's she just a happy gal. XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 11:40 pm

Guuuuuuuuuys we have to open a club and nominate the most heartbreaking characters, we can nominate and then vote and discuss on which characters are deserving to be forever loved and adored by us!

What do you think D:
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 1:22 am

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Guuuuuuuuuys we have to open a club and nominate the most heartbreaking characters, we can nominate and then vote and discuss on which characters are deserving to be forever loved and adored by us!

What do you think D:

Slamming my head into my desk seems like a more constructive and enjoyable prospect.
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 5:13 am

Boromonokli wrote:
Houyou no Senshi wrote:

What do you think D:

Slamming my head into my desk seems like a more constructive and enjoyable prospect.

dude, if you got nothing nice to say, it's better to not say anything at all. especially when you put it like that.
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 6:19 am

Nothing nice... I love all characters equally, and I don't think anyone deserves any less love than the other. Therefore any club that's goal is finding favourites is not loving them actively, and will result in arguing about who deserves more, which is against my philosophy.

As for Minako, yes, she's depressed, and for a good reason. She is damned to eternally serve the princess in the Manga, and be the lighter, weaker version of Usagi in the Anime. I think the episodes highlighted are good examples that the anime's writers also saw it that way, and decided to make it more believable.

I personally believe that Sailor Moon is a varying level of hell for everyone outside of the royal family (Usagi, Mamoru&Chibiusa). after the alien arc at least.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 7:51 am

then put it in the way you put it now.

"Slamming my head into my desk seems like a more constructive and enjoyable prospect." is just mean and nasty.
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 10:15 am

Personally, i thought what he said was actually funny.. Not a mean way... Like kinda "oh what fun... not" in a joking way, because it isn't a cheery job to pick which of our beloved soldiers has the worst/depressing stories. Granted this is just me.

We all read things over the internet differently, so please keep that in mind... this applies to those both replying and those reading it.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 10:48 am

.....Minako just needs Rei lovin'.......

I can totally see everyone's ideas for why Minako would be depressed. I mean, it makes sense. What does she honestly have to be super happy over? That's why she needs Rei lovin'!

And yes, let's please not say anything that sounds mean or discouraging. ^^ As NQS said, be mindful of the fact that we all read things in different ways from each other.
Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 11:00 am

I wholeheartedly agree with you Lady Tuxedo... that Minako just needs her some Rei. ♥
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 11:25 am

I'm trying, I'm trying, but sometimes I just have a lapse...

Looking at her life: If being forced to kill her first love, forced into a war she wanted no part in, didn't scar a thirteen years old girl, I dont know what else could.

In times like theese Sailor Moon scares me.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 7:02 pm

Guys I just wanted to make a thread to appreciate some of the more depressing characters, I never said that it would be a "cheery job" or "debate which ones deserve it" please don't put words in my mouth... It would just be a fanclub for certain characters thats all

everything is serious T.T

I think its hard to love all characters equally on this show, everyone has their favourites and some they don't like... personally I don't care much for Rubeus or Zirconia. There are characters that break my heart and I just wanted to have everyone appreciate their stories that's all... -.o not every thread on this forum has to be shooting rainbow lasers of glee and ribbon everywhere right? People who wouldn't want to discuss the sad things would simply not read the thread?

But I suppose if no ones going to use it it would be a bit of a waste
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime24th February 2013, 8:08 pm

Mi Mako Chan wrote:
Koanko wrote:
I'm in agreement that she has some form of depression, possibly even clinical depression. Like Chronos, I as well suffer from depression, and at times I find myself acting exactly like Minako. A happy, bubbly "genki" girl who cheers her friends up whenever she's around. Yet deep down, she was truly sad and only wished to be normal.

THIS.

As someone who suffers from depression and that has been on treatment for 11 years now, I do see some signs of her as depressed.

Also,
Yamichan16 wrote:
but in PGSM, Mako-chan gets engaged to Motoki, so at least one inner found true love. and it's canon.

I forgot about PGSM. Why must forget things so easily, but yet have a good memory at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime26th February 2013, 5:15 am

Never mind it Miki. There's nothing wrong appreciating those who get the short end of the stick, but let's not overdo it. For it includes pretty much everyone outside Usagi, and there's too much unfairness in the show to do all of them justice.

Ironic, considering Sailor Moon calls herself Champion of Justice Smile

Plus, I haven't seen a "common man appreciation thread" yet.

It's probably just me though...
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime26th February 2013, 11:42 am

I would join the sad characters fan club!!!

Supporting my Puu<3 ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime26th February 2013, 8:08 pm

Boromonokli wrote:
Never mind it Miki. There's nothing wrong appreciating those who get the short end of the stick, but let's not overdo it. For it includes pretty much everyone outside Usagi, and there's too much unfairness in the show to do all of them justice.

Ironic, considering Sailor Moon calls herself Champion of Justice Smile

Plus, I haven't seen a "common man appreciation thread" yet.

It's probably just me though...

Fanclubs are for fun in general... Members already have created their own for Outers, Queen Beryl, etc.

Also, there is a reason the show is called "Sailor Moon" and not "Sailor Moon Mars Mercury Venus Pluto Uranus Neptune Saturn Fun Time Show"

Though that would be kinda awesome.

Anyway, I forgot I voted for this, but I pretty much agree with Miki's arguments here. ^^ Minako may act silly and obnoxious in the anime, but it always seemed deep down things aren't as happy as they seem. Though, I think having her friends helps a lot. I can imagine it must have been hard to go without them for quite some time, but knowing about them too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?   THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THEORY: What's Wrong With Minako?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top