The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
childofcosmos
Star Seed

childofcosmos

Star Seed

Title : A Princess

Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals Empty
PostSubject: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime16th December 2012, 6:28 pm

Every time I read the first arc, I'm insanely bugged by the fact that Mamoru's pocket watch/the Shitennou stones saved Usagi/Mamoru from being STABBED THROUGH THE CHEST. With A SWORD.

Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals 2276801876

I have no idea why that bugs me so much, when all the magic/resurrections/unicorns doesn't. But it bothers me so, so much.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime16th December 2012, 7:04 pm

Well.... Usagi isn't exactly what I could call strong or well-versed in swordplay, and I'd imagine it'd be kinda hard to stab someone through the heart using a really heavy sword on your first try.

*giggles* In truth, I wondered a little bit, too. XD
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime18th February 2013, 11:04 am

I don't find this frustrating or hard to believe at all. Both the watch and the stones have magical properties, and while the stone sword can slice a diamond, the Shitennou despite being dead and locked within the form of stones, have decided to remain close to Endymoin and intend on protecting him, the power of love and the power to protect being the strongest powers of the series. I am sure they managed to must enough power to protect themselves.

They were also swallowed by the Ginzuishou, any injuries that were caused or would have been caused would have instantly been fixed due to the crystals healing properties. Besides, we see both of them get injured, the stones and pocket watch didn't protect them very well because they both collapsed and they wouldn't have collapsed if the stones and watch took the full impact of the stabbing. I think the stones and the watch were buffers, so that they stabbing that did take place wasn't as fatal.

That being said, breast implants stop bullets, a wad of cash(And I mean at least an inch thick) can stop a sword from piercing the body. A necklace can stop a bullet, such as army dogtags have been known to do so. Cell phones can stop a bullet from piercing the body.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
childofcosmos
Star Seed

childofcosmos

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime18th February 2013, 11:41 am

I'll have to take the healing properties as explanation. Cause we see the sword go into their chests, and out their backs - not simply hit the watch/stones and bounce off.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime18th February 2013, 11:59 am

They couldn't have bounced off because they broke, as a buffer what I meant is that instead of stabbing a vital organ(Instant Death no exceptions) they hit the watch/stones and slide across the surfaces of the stone/watch, thus breaking them before the sword stabbed them in a less fatal area, then the power of the crystal healed their wounds because as we see when they awaken, they have no woulds^^
Back to top Go down
childofcosmos
Star Seed

childofcosmos

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime18th February 2013, 12:55 pm

Ooooh, now I see what you meant, okay.
Back to top Go down
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 3:47 pm

Honestly, what bothers me more is that Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Venus gave up their lives in order to revive Sailor Moon, and then it turns out the pocket watch took the blow for her. Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals 847989599 So yeah, talk about a wasted sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime13th December 2013, 2:48 am

The Inners' sacrifice wasn't wasted at all.
Usagi didn't die when she stabbed herself, true. But if Ami and the others didn't give up on their lives, she would have stayed in a nearly-dead state inside Metallia's body. She woke up because of the power they gave her.

Eheh, the fact that Mamoru's watch saved Usagi despite the fact she IMPALED HERSELF ON A SWORD always made me laugh. I really liked this part of the manga though.

...now that I think about it, it doesn't seems too unlogical.

I think that the Silver Crystal did exactly what it always does: Heal Usagi's wounds really fast. (You didn't notice? In the manga, she was bleeding after the battle against the brainwashed senshis, and she was perfectly healthy after the battle was over, even though she took a full blow of Sailor Planet Attack with the strenght of EIGHT SENSHIS) So when she stabbed herself and the Silver Crystal enveloped her (and Mamoru's) body, it healed her slowly. Just like it did for Neo Queen Serenity in the Future Arc.

What woke Usagi up from the "crystal coffin" was the strenght from the last will of her guardians. Exactly like Sailor Moon's will to fight Wiseman woke up Neo Queen Serenity.

As for Mamoru, when the Shitennohs took the blow for him, I still wonder how he managed to keep them afterward. (As shown in the Black Moon and Dream arcs)
Maybe after Earth's revitalization (When Usagi used Moon Healing Escalation on the entire planet), they were brought back to life too...?

That's the big problem with this manga. It really is my favourite continuity of Sailor Moon, but the fast pace makes some details hard to catch unless you debate about them or that you reread it.
(For exemple, I never noticed until, like, my fifth time reading, that it was the ultra-sonic waves of Usagi's odangos that made the brainwashed-Endimyon hesitate.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals   Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic Pocketwatch/Crystals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top