The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xx.elysium
Star Seed

xx.elysium

Star Seed

EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" Empty
PostSubject: EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"   EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" I_icon_minitime23rd April 2013, 3:48 pm

For those of you who collect sailor moon items and have encountered this listing on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-Moon-Star-Locket-Watch-Pocketwatch-Starry-Sky-Cosplay-Manga-Necklace-2-/221217209400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338192bc38

Please be aware that the seller is misrepresenting the item as something "officially franchised" and "commercially made".
Unfortunately, there is no way to stop buyers from bidding on this item, but this item was CUSTOM MADE by an artist from Taiwan. It is not authentic like the seller says. Also, seeing as how the first auction the seller listed ended at $510, it stirred a HUGE outrage in the Sailor Moon collection community because prices are inflating due to buyers who have no experience or knowledge in the items they are purchasing. This item, while very beautiful and unique, is NOT worth anything over $40-$65 USD.

Hope you guys can spread the word. Here's the original post created by my community moderator.

"In light of the recent eBay listings and post about the pocket watch crafted to look like the one in the manga, I've created an informative image to spread across the internet (if you choose). Since the artist is in Taiwan and likely doesn't speak English, it's true that this piece is very rare and will likely become sought after, regardless of its origins. Still, I'd like collectors to know what they're buying. It IS a custom, not official in any way, but the fact is that we don't have very much information on it beyond that. A collector, who wishes to remain anonymous, was contacted via proxy and informed of its existence, but we do not have contact with the actual artist; nor do we know if they have a website. I'm posting this because I believe what the seller is doing is wrong. They're misrepresenting their item by not providing all the information and claiming it's "commercially made". Unless the artist got the assistance of a company that resells commissioned pieces (such as Spoonflower.com's pattern maker), I highly doubt there is any truth to the seller's claims. I do know that the interior/movement parts are imported from Japan. If any other information presents itself, I will share it immediately, but for now, this is what we have." - tsuki_no_elfie AKA Amulet Moon

EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" Paq8TqD

Her twitter post: https://twitter.com/AmuletMoon/status/326378573063659521
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87167599@N03/sets/72157632042249796
LadyShizuka
Lotus Crystal

LadyShizuka

Lotus Crystal

EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"   EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" I_icon_minitime23rd April 2013, 4:52 pm

wow from $50 to $300 ouch..

Beautiful but not worth $300. Where is the original maker of these.. if you know?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LadyShizukaCosplay http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ladyshizuka http://ladyshizuka.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyJian
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"   EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" I_icon_minitime23rd April 2013, 6:28 pm

Right now its at $510.. wow O.o
Back to top Go down
xx.elysium
Star Seed

xx.elysium

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"   EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" I_icon_minitime23rd April 2013, 9:28 pm

LadyShizuka wrote:
wow from $50 to $300 ouch..

Beautiful but not worth $300. Where is the original maker of these.. if you know?

The original maker is an artist located in Taiwan. Don't know much about the maker or the origin myself. You can contact Amulet Moon through her twitter to find out. I think she has one, or at least knows more about it than I do. You won't be able to find much info on it online though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87167599@N03/sets/72157632042249796
tiarella

PostSubject: sharing my experience   EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" I_icon_minitime25th May 2013, 10:41 am

i don't know how the ebay seller does it.. but it IS supposed to look silver.. not golden.. Angry

please guys (& gals).. i am not advertising.. just purely wanna share my experience.. don't slam me please..

i bought 2 (1 to wear, 1 to keep) from taobao.com & i had to buy through an agent to minimise shipping cost since i don't live in china.. i paid RMB 220 for each of them, excluding shipping.. EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" 868675979

mine arrived few days ago.. n i love it!! EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" 1955989781

by the way.. the moon n stars portion is only a sticker or plastic looking thing.. IT DOES NOT SPIN TO SHOW A SUN BY DAY & MOON BY NIGHT.. & IT DOES NOT SPIN ACCORDING TO MOON PHASE EITHER.. I REPEAT.. IT DOES NOT!!

here is the link.. you can use google to translate the website..
Seller (& maker): 梦の俱乐部
http://bestonesh.taobao.com/?spm=a1z10.1.w2-6136151022.1.ylDjDF
Back to top Go down
tiarella

PostSubject: Re: EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"   EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" I_icon_minitime25th May 2013, 11:20 pm

just to add on to my previous post..

referring to the picture in xx.elysium's 1st post.. see that there is this 20 mm diameter (yes, it really is exactly 20 mm~) round key chain ring that attaches the watch's oval hoop to the necklace? i don't like it because the pocket watch pictured in the manga doesn't have that part.. & so i modified my 1st watch a bit.. just this very morning EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" 3884866259

here's what i did.. & it's really simple EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" 111859084

2 stainless steel jewelry making pliers (cost me $6 each some years ago.. one is round nose plier, the other is chain nose plier)
2 x 5 mm rhodium plated "jump ring" (comes in $1 packet of 30 pieces.. bought yesterday at my local Beading Supplies/Jewellery Making Supplies store, just for my lovely pocket watch)

1) carefully remove the key chain ring without scratching the watch's oval hoop
2) remove the necklace from the key chain ring
3) using both pliers, open the 1st 5 mm "jump ring" then close it around the watch's oval hoop
4) via the same method, attach the 2nd 5 mm "jump ring" to the 1st
5) also the same method, attach the necklace to the 1st "jump ring" ----- Note that the necklace has two ends (one end with a 3 mm jump ring, other end with clasp).. so at step 5, u should attach the necklace via this 3 mm jump ring to the 1st 5 mm jump ring
6) clasp the other end of the necklace to the 2nd 5 mm jump ring

now my watch looks closer to the manga version EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" 1984953407
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"   EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EBAY BUYERS BEWARE! "Sailor Moon Star Locket Watch Pocketwatch Starry Sky Cosplay Manga Necklace #2"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top