The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SailorCelestialTiger
Star Seed

Star Seed

I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... Empty
PostSubject: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 11:31 am

...why do they insist on making Usagi promiscuous for the sake of their ships?

I'm in a group on Facebook called Sailor Moon Fans for FUNimation Redubbing, and something that was posted on there caught my eye and kinda made me go 'Wait...really? Suspect There's people who make these assumptions?'

It was about how apparently one speculation that Chibi-Usa's hair is pink is because Neo-Queen Serenity had an affair with Rubeus. Normally, I try not to bat an eyelash at other people's theories or headcanons or whatever. This one, however, bothered me. We've seen in both the anime and the manga that Usagi freaked out and was rather horrified at just being kissed by Dimande. Granted, that kiss would have probably escalated quickly to other things if she hadn't stopped him, but I digress.

Like I said, I know that Mamoru has a rather large anti-fanbase, but is it necessary for people to go so far as to give Usagi a complete personality change to satisfy their own shipping desires? The mind boggles.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 11:43 am

Don't forget that Rubeus is a sadistic and crazy loony. I think most people who really hate Mamoru are people who have only seen the anime.

I've never had a problem with people pairing off Usagi with other people since I love pairing everyone with everyone else as long as there is some neat plot to it, because I think all of the characters are so unique that it makes it fun to see how different pairings would work out :3

But Rubeus is not a character I generally want anyone paired up with. I have no idea how that would even work =P
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 11:55 am

I hope these people realize that the creator has shown a lot the characters with different hair colors. For example in an art book they shown Usgai's mom with pink hair.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 12:08 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I hope these people realize that the creator has shown a lot the characters with different hair colors. For example in an art book they shown Usgai's mom with pink hair.

As Verdandi stated, a lot of people that make these weird assumptions have usually only seen the anime and there are instances where they've only seen the English dub. o.o
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 12:10 pm

Very true. These people need to expanded their sailor moon horizons.
Back to top Go down
SailorCelestialTiger
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 12:46 pm

Shocked Oh wow. I didn't expect this thread to get as much attention as it did. XD Hi, y'all.

First, it occurs to me that the way I worded my original post sounded a wee bit overly anti Usagi/anyone-but-Mamoru. I want to profusely apologize for that. @_@ I don't hate stuff like Usagi/Seiya, Usagi/Haruka, or Usagi/Minako. That's not what I find weird about the whole 'Chibi-Usa is the secret lovechild of Usagi and Rubeus' theory. It is, as Verdandi said, the fact that Rubeus is a murderous psychopath and I just do not see Usagi trading one brand of crazy (Dimande's unhealthy obsessive and possessive nature) for another. That she would go for a villain at all just seems...way too OOC for her.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 12:56 pm

You're fine Tiger. I never picked up an anti Usgai/anyone else vibe from ya. I agree her going for a villain does seem OOC especially someone from the Black Moon Clan.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 1:14 pm

I think a lot of people who pair Usagi with people like Dimande are people who are attracted to the whole bad-boy(*cough*psycho*cough*) guy being lead to the good side by a pure and innocent girl. Or at least, that's what I've always thought.

Pairing up people with other people is always good, but I don't think people should do it in such a way that it completely changes the intended characters. Because if you change the characters of a fandom you love, it kind of defeats the purpose of loving those characters in the first place, doesn't it? xD
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 6:28 pm

I just chalk it up to being fan fiction. Most of it just makes all the characters act very out-of-character most of them time.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime3rd September 2012, 6:32 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I think a lot of people who pair Usagi with people like Dimande are people who are attracted to the whole bad-boy(*cough*psycho*cough*) guy being lead to the good side by a pure and innocent girl. Or at least, that's what I've always thought.

Pairing up people with other people is always good, but I don't think people should do it in such a way that it completely changes the intended characters. Because if you change the characters of a fandom you love, it kind of defeats the purpose of loving those characters in the first place, doesn't it? xD

Yeah it does defeat the purpose of loving characters. I for one love to ship characters who have love hate relationships, but if only if it fits the characters' personalities.
Back to top Go down
Meyneth
Lotus Crystal

Meyneth

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime4th September 2012, 6:13 am

on the specific example: why in the world would someone seriously consider a characters hair color as a genetic marker? Unless someone can produce some sort of realistic scale for hair color judgement, I'm pretty sure its meant to be thematic so.. it doesn't say who is the daddy.

ANYWAY I really really hate when people pair characters together for the sake of it. Lots and lots of slash couples are paired together just because that person likes gay relationships and then likes those characters. The example I can think of off the top of my head is from Sherlock: Lestrade and Mycroft just kinda makes me go "wait, what, how?" Lots of shipping is done in a personal way and its a little weird to me.. because of the nature and implications of 'personal' shipping. I mean, people are just doing it for.. kicks.

I like ships for SM like Endymion/Setuna, Rei/Minako (OTP right there loves) and Seiya/Usagi - ships which might not be CANON but have solid theoretical grounds for development.
Back to top Go down
http://juliannacodes.tumblr.com http://spectrenegade.tumblr.com/
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime4th September 2012, 6:58 am

i just make pairings that are outrageous and try to make them realistic. XD like my Namiko crack baby of Usagi and Aluminum Siren! Siren's starseed was attracted to Usagi's while she was in the Galaxy Cauldron and her Silver Crystal, being affected by Usagi's kind heart, used some of the star seeds energy to mix with Usagi's and created a baby!

then there's my twins Aphrodite and Circe, daughters of Usagi and Emerald. Emerald raped her and somehow she got pregnant. no sense, but god i love these bad ass girls!! I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... 190603310

then my oh so fun Starseed Senshi universe, where the Galaxy Cauldron is gone bonkers and combines copies of starseeds, where Usagi and Galaxia's starseeds mix, creating Kyoko!

aaaand then there's my Luna/Usagi baby named Crescent....XD she has no backstory at all. NONE!

see? some of em kinda make sense...but some of them are just nuts but so FUUUN!!!
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime14th September 2012, 1:12 pm

Why do people hate Mamoru?
And it is totally OOC for Usagi to be in love with a villain.
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

EurAsianGirl

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime19th September 2012, 3:07 pm

nekosenshi wrote:
Why do people hate Mamoru?
And it is totally OOC for Usagi to be in love with a villain.
THIS! Seriously why do people hate Mamoru? I admit I'm not the biggest fan of the UsagMamo pairing but just because you don't like the pairing doesn't mean you have to hate one of the characters in the pairing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...   I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I know there are people who absolutely hate Mamoru, but...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top